Is it really that hard to win or it's just me?

Kowal821

Played almost every CoD, Battlefield game and of course much more multiplayer stuff. Usually got K/D between 1.50-2.50. Definitely better than the average level of players but here comes ROGUE COMPANY...

I'm playing this game for 15 hours and got only 26 wins. It's becoming so frustrated every time I lose a game. I do not know why, but they are so many ridiculously good players in this game. Of course there is a crossplay and a lot people use mouses and keyboards but I'm still impressed at the average skill level at this game. My 100 wins will take hardly 50 hours If I'm lucky. You can share your impressions here and I just want to check If I'm alone with my thoughts.
Edited by Kowal821

Exactly what I'm experiencing too, It's frustrating. I'm playing demolition and 70% of the time I feel like I'm matched with the worst players ever. 1 out 3 games theres always someone quitting the game in my team making us lose 90% of the time... I average 15 kills per games. And almost always the top player of my team when losing, happens a lot in CoD too but that's different lol. It's rare that I'm mad af playing a game but this one really make me want to smash my screen lol. I got 20 wins in 10 hours playtimes. But overall the game is good and fun.

• Like 1

Yeah, sounds like mostly a luck issue. Whether you win or not mainly depends on your entire team, not just your skill alone. But if you find yourself dying a lot and not getting a lot of kills/downs, then yeah that's on you. Otherwise, it's the luck of the draw.

12 hours ago, wolker4 said:

Please, dont use the "mouse & keyboard" excuse lol just get a good team and you will win every match. 

The devs have already said that console players will not get matched up with PC players unless someone in your party is also playing on PC.

Didn't read every comment just read OP post. Here's my suggestion: don't think of this game as being like CoD. It's not. This game reminds me of Uncharted 2 multiplayer, which was in my opinion one of the best video game experiences I've ever had. This game takes some getting used to, in fact I immediately after the tutorial changed a ton of settings including button mapping and sensitivities. Maybe try that. It's not CoD because most people in this game actually play the objective. Yeah I guess it's like Battlefield in that respect. But it's less of a Battlefield game because it's quicker, and the maps are smaller. Some characters are better for certain maps. Or you can just master your one main and use that character, or just do whatever you want. Each character takes a bit of getting used to. Don't feel bad if you lose. Sometimes it's straight luck whose team you are on. You may lose 5 straight. But then you may win 5 straight. Play smart, use abilities, use items, use teamwork, use a mic. Make smart choices in between rounds when spending money in the shop. Maybe save all money one round for an expensive skill next round, your call. This game is all about teamwork. I'm blabbing. But don't get frustrated. It'll come.

I will say this has been one of the better multiplayer experiences I've had in a while.  I love playing the game so anybody who hasn't tried it may want to give it a shot. As the above said it's about teamwork and playing the objective.  Making good use of gadgets.  There are some minor improvements of course that should be made but overall it's very enjoyable.  

7 hours ago, lordzeze said:

The devs have already said that console players will not get matched up with PC players unless someone in your party is also playing on PC.

That is not true at all. i always get put against PC players. There currently is no option to turn off 'Crossplay' not that it matters all that much. Half decent aim and good Map positioning and you are sorted.

Evidence: https://ibb.co/2ndGXpV

Edited by Mattematics-94
  • Like 2

The game can be brutally hard or just unbelievably easy; very rarely you get to have close matches and comebacks. I'm sure a lot of players could (if not already) make a list of tips on how to improve. But if I could give 2 pieces of advice:

• You have to be extremely aggressive and always push in with two or more people. Easier said than done of course.
  • And something that seriously made the game SO much easier for me is - use SMGs (and hipfire most of the time). I cannot stress it enough how overpowered SMGs are in this game. Any character with an SMG will work, but Talon, Ronin, and Scorch have incredibly good kits that go well in combination with their SMG.
    • C4 is ridiculously powerful at almost any situation which makes Talon one of the most heavy-hitting characters in the game.
Edited by Sydoki
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

The game can be brutally hard or just unbelievably easy; very rarely you get to have close matches and comebacks. I'm sure a lot of players could (if not already) make a list of tips on how to improve. But if I could give 2 pieces of advice:

• You have to be extremely aggressive and always push in with two or more people. Easier said than done of course.
  • And something that seriously made the game SO much easier for me is - use SMGs (and hipfire most of the time). I cannot stress it enough how overpowered SMGs are in this game. Any character with an SMG will work, but Talon, Ronin, and Scorch have incredibly good kits that go well in combination with their SMG.
    • C4 is ridiculously powerful at almost any situation which makes Talon one of the most heavy-hitting characters in the game.

Indeed, definitely hip fire, its too overpowered. Most overpowered thing in my eyes is Talon, and his Radar Darts, how they don't break after you die. You can literally have so many darts up at once giving you a massive advantage.

2 hours ago, Mattematics-94 said:

That is not true at all. i always get put against PC players. There currently is no option to turn off 'Crossplay' not that it matters all that much. Half decent aim and good Map positioning and you are sorted.

Evidence: https://ibb.co/2ndGXpV

Also, the leaderboard in this game is bugged and doesn't show PS players that are outside your part (enemy team included).

Edited by Sydoki

2 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Also, the leaderboard in this game is bugged and doesn't show PS players that are outside your part (enemy team included).

I mean, usernames with spaces in. Must be PC or Xbox.

Edited by Mattematics-94

On 28.07.2020 at 9:47 AM, lordzeze said:

Those are Xbox and/or Switch players. 

NOPE, We are playing with pc players. I did some research. First of all, you cannot do nickname with space on PSN. Secondly i tried to find these players on my xbox - 0 results. It is not possible to play so good on Switch so you got an answers. Crossplay option somehow can't be switched off on ps4 and yeah, PC got huge advantage because autoaim does not work well in Rogue Company

49 minutes ago, Smoke_kiss said:

20 hours of playing and 42 wins *_*

42 hours and 86 wins :(

11 hours ago, killerJAZZ420 said:

It might be hard to win as the game is trash. And/or all of the above listed things.

Game has huge potential but yeah, it is trash. Especially when one team got closer to the point than other team. Some games just have to be finished 2:3 or 3:2...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Riszcky said:

That's such a 'I'm bad at MP games' thing to say. "I'm bad, has to be the game, not me."

Also, saying a game that's in beta is trash is like calling an 8 year old a dickhead 1f602.png 

Not that your big brain comment warrants a rebuttal, but i never said i was bad and that's why the game is crap.I win far more then i lose, and more then likely hold the top spot on mine and the other time. So its not a matter of my disliking it because im not some "GG u scrub" 1337 gamer like yourself. And as for the its ok because its in beta. Does it really make sense to charge for a beta? and unfinished game? Is the game ever gonna leave beta? think about the 100 other "early access, beta" games. people like you are the reason thats ok. But glad to see your alright with a unfinished game being a premium cost. how very progressive of you.

The game is covered in errors and fuck ups. you can just search random funny problems with net coding and hit detection.

? you dickhead. 

• Like 1

I started playing this tonight with my buddies and we had a blast. Sure some kinks need to be worked out but it is a beta. I do feel like games are one sided and that’s probably my biggest complaint. In 4 hours we only had 1 game for to 5 rounds. The majority were 3-0 / 3-1. But overall this felt good to play and I don’t regret the purchase.

In regards to charging for a beta, I don’t feel that complaining about that is valid. In the end YOU chose to purchase it. I have memories of playing Blizzard games in the past and so many people would post about being willing to pay for beta access rather than the random lottery. (Overwatch was a forum disaster).

Now a lot of devs are giving you this choice. In terms of them being finished, again, that’s your choice to spend the money. You don’t have to. To each their own.

I personally haven’t seen many (If any) unfinished games being sold on PSN. You wanna look at Steam Early Access? Then yeah, that an unfinished epidemic.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 3