August PS+ Lineup

Mesopithecus

7 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

I don't have a problem with buying games that later come to plus, its when I buy them and don't play them. Things like this happen and it reminds me I should really stop doing that

This happened to me many times. It happened last month with Erica. I bought it earlier this year and was a plus game this month. I have lots of unplayed games. Some form 2 or 3 years back. I need to really slow down. It helps we haven't been having the flash sales. I use to stock up on them a lot.

14 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

So this CoD is campaign only? Does that mean there's mp that you need to purchase if 100% is wanted? 

There is no Mp with this. You can platinum it with just this version being offered on plus. Just Single player trophies for the plat.

44 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Who is this "they" you speak of? There have been 100s if not 1000s of games on sale over the last 2 months. PS+ only offers 2 games per month. 

Meaning 99% of the games on sale don't go to the IGC. This is simply how any services that has sales and game giveaways work. There will be some overlap but it isn't as evil as you imply.

Clueless. So multiple times they haven't put games on sales at an all time low price so people will buy it... Then put it on PS Plus. Only 2 eh, I'm sure there's 3 on now. And 1000s of games on sale hahaha no. 

You know what, I dig it ?

CoD has always been mere popcorn for me: not something I’d buy but if you offer it to me, meh why not. I enjoyed the PS3 games and enjoy the reheated ones on PS4. Bring it on! I love free. 

Surprisingly enough, Fall Guys, never heard of it, but that actually looks like fun! I’m excited even ?

Good month for me! Also, this is probably the first time in ages that I totally forgot all about PS Plus, haven’t been gaming much lately. Feels good to be honest. 

I won't say I'm disappointed with this month's line up, but we got a COD game only two months ago, and there are just so many other games we could have been given.

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

If I wanted those indies, I would have already had them.  Same logic.

My two cents - the flaw in your thinking is volume and consumer approach.  Indies don't sell like COD does, and more people plunk down cash on launch day for larger titles, and wait for indies to go on sale, rather than the reverse.  Of course, if someone really wants a game, regardless of developer, they buy it straight away, but to suggest there's no difference between larger titles and indies regarding early purchase isn't correct.  I'd be happier with PS+ if it introduced gamers to new games and new developers, rather than supply us with top sellers we all already know about.

Edited by IntroPhenom

23 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

My two cents - the flaw in your thinking is volume and consumer approach.  Indies don't sell like COD does, and more people plunk down cash on launch day for larger titles, and wait for indies to go on sale, rather than the reverse.  Of course, if someone really wants a game, regardless of developer, they buy it straight away, but to suggest there's no difference between larger titles and indies regarding early purchase isn't correct.  I'd be happier with PS+ if it introduced gamers to new games and new developers, rather than supply us with top sellers we all already know about.

Yeah, that makes sense at the macro level.  But at the micro level, if I really wanted it I would have bought it before it comes to PS Plus.  

And there are a lot of triple A games/series I have never touched and only first been exposed to through PS Plus.  So I don’t think that is an Indie-only phenomenon.  I already owned NBA 2K20 and Tomb Raider (and Erica) last month but was happier with last month than I have been in so many Indie or Simulator months where I did not own the game.  Just because it is a reflection of the quality of game we may get in the future!  

We are getting real, full-fledged games and not just retro (antiquated) platformers or things like Goat Simulator.

Edited by djb5f

Lol, c’mon another CoD? 

Backlog is safe I guess.

Not a fan of fps, especially CoD and Fall Guys is definitely not my kind of game (looking at trailers).

Last time I only got Erica which I might not even play meaning these 2 months are bad for me. Maybe next month will be better.

Can’t win ‘em all. Good thing I got PS+ almost half off. xD 

While it's cool how fast this game (MW2) is being given away after having recently released, it is both another shooter and another Call of Duty game being offered so soon. Not even acknowledging Modern Warfare Remastered, but WWII was just offered in June, which was a month exclusively dedicated to shooters.

• Like 1

I played the beta for Fall Guys on Sunday, on PS4, the developers had a stream on twitch where every 20 to 30 seconds they gave away a key for steam and ps4, I am a pretty slow when it comes to typing codes like that, so I could not get a steam one, tried a few times, but I got a ps4 code 1st time I tried, don't know if I was just lucky or interest in this game on ps4 was just low, or maybe the ps crowd just did not know about this giveway.

The game is quite fun, I imagine if you are like me and enjoyed watching at some point Takeshi's castle or other such game shows, than you will enjoy this too. Also considering how many players can be on screen at a time, the fps can be kinda inconsistent, but nothing too serious imo.

Fall Guys looks cute! I have no idea what the game is or how it plays, but I'm hoping there's a penguin suit somewhere there.

I can't keep track of the Call of Duty games that Sony has given out and I haven't played any in 5 years, so I'm not too excited for that one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

Clueless. So multiple times they haven't put games on sales at an all time low price so people will buy it... Then put it on PS Plus. Only 2 eh, I'm sure there's 3 on now. And 1000s of games on sale hahaha no. 

It happens but again, Sony puts 1000s of games on sales and only put 2 in the IGC a month. 

You might buy a game and it gets put in the IGC. What was lost? Did Sony really gain anything meaningful? 

You are overracting to something that has been normal ever since the IGC started.