August PS+ Lineup

Mesopithecus

55 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

Its already free for plus on na 

Yeah. My post looks odd now, thanks to a mod merging it with this thread. The original thread where I posted stated the game was for July's PS+, which puts my comment in context.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 5:45 PM, GUDGER666 said:

Worse thing is they will have known cod was coming to plus ages ago, but thought yea lets just sell it for a while to make a bit more money, just like when games go on sale dirt cheap them come on plus the following week. Wouldn't surprise me if Far Cry 5 and 3 are going to Now or next months plus games. It's bad that Sony allow it, but it shows they care more about the £££. 

How dare a business care about making money.

But yea, if there's even a slight possibility that a game will go free with ps plus at some point in the future, Sony should NEVER try to make money of the game before that, or even worse, put it on sale. I mean, what a bunch of greedy scumbags.

20 hours ago, AZDMB said:

Any guesses on what a Fall Guys trophy list may look like? Trophies for making it into each each round and another for winning? Trophies based on overall level progression? For customizing character?

Interested in everyone's thoughts.

Watching gameplay of it, I have a bad feeling they'll do "Win 100 games" types trophies since there's not really a whole lot of unique things you can do game to game. Literally all you can do is move, jump and grab. Hope im wrong though.

20 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Activision's microtransaction sales must be down, gotta sell those overpriced maps...

They only made $956 million in Q1 2020.

• Like 1

On 27-7-2020 at 5:51 PM, Together_Comic said:

I mean I had never heard of it and would likely not have touched it if it weren't free...so I guess you're right.  If it's anything as good as rocket league then I am definitely in... speaking of rocket league (notices its conspicuous absence from my profile)  I should probably get around to that one xD

You should play it Before it goes FTP. Only then you Will get free DLC when it does 

27 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I didn't even know CoD MW2 had been remastered. I loved the MW trilogy so will definitely get this. has the third game been remastered too?

The MW2 remaster was only just released on March 31, so it's not surprising that it might have flown under your radar. No announcements have been made about a MW3 remaster but I wouldn't be surprised if one was released this winter.

12 hours ago, cckerberos said:

The MW2 remaster was only just released on March 31, so it's not surprising that it might have flown under your radar. No announcements have been made about a MW3 remaster but I wouldn't be surprised if one was released this winter.

I started to download it but can't find the remaster for the first moden warfare game on there other than what is sold with Infinite or whatever its called. 

12 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I started to download it but can't find the remaster for the first moden warfare game on there other than what is sold with Infinite or whatever its called. 

Here's the first remaster (you're in the UK, right?): https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0002-CUSA05379_00-CODMWRTHEGAME001

It was free on Plus in March 2019, so if you had Plus back then you might already have it in your library.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cckerberos said:

Here's the first remaster (you're in the UK, right?): https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0002-CUSA05379_00-CODMWRTHEGAME001

It was free on Plus in March 2019, so if you had Plus back then you might already have it in your library.

I didn't sadly. Hopefully there will be a sale at some point as 34 quid seems steep for a million year old game. Cheers for getting me the info mate. 

On 7/28/2020 at 5:54 AM, IntroPhenom said:

(That simulator month was weird, agreed.)

Some prefer AAA, some prefer indies, certainly, but if we're talking about gross numbers in regard to indie vs. AAA, you can't deny AAA gets the bulk of the sales, and in turn fewer people are waiting for sales.  I'm not complaining about getting AAA games on PS+, mind you, but maybe divvy up the distribution.  One game each month could easily be an indie, with some months having both games be indie, and AAA would continue to get plenty of attention.

Every time they offer up an indie people come on here to bitch and complain. Or if they offer something like MLB the Show 19 you guys complain even more, because more than half of you out there don't live in the United States, where baseball isn't played.

Makes me sick every time I hear somebody complain about lackluster lists on PS Plus. There are more than enough games out there to keep us occupied for the next few years.

Edited by Spaz

18 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Every time they offer up an indie people come on here to bitch and complain. Or if they offer something like MLB the Show 19 you guys complain even more, because more than half of you out there don't live in the United States, where baseball isn't played.

Makes me sick every time I hear somebody complain about lackluster lists on PS Plus. There are more than enough games out there to keep us occupied for the next few years.

Baseball is played in a lot of countries

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Every time they offer up an indie people come on here to bitch and complain.

Honestly the one thing that triggered me because I loved PS+ far more when we got mostly indies (sometimes on release day!) that we may have never heard of or tried otherwise.

Nothing wrong with AAA games but odds are if you wanted it you'd have bought it already since it's unlikely you wouldn't know about the game existing. Much of the AAA plus games sink to the bottom of my backlog (especially with my gripes regarding modern day AAA games just being the same ol' long padded open world)

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Baseball is played in a lot of countries

True. Baseball has been a sport I've followed since I was a little kid.

2018 - 2019 was showing a lot of indies for Plus titles and a lot of people complained. Now there's been a number of AAA games, including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered, and there are people STILL complaining.

Cmon you guys.

1 minute ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Nothing wrong with AAA games but odds are if you wanted it you'd have bought it already since it's unlikely you wouldn't know about the game existing. Much of the AAA plus games sink to the bottom of my backlog (especially with my gripes regarding modern day AAA games just being the same ol' long padded open world)

The Last of Us Remastered was a pretty poor choice since virtually everybody here who was interested already has the game. I mean, I got the game myself, but I still need to work on the online trophies, which I'll hopefully get around to in the near future.

The rest of your post I can agree with. They're getting too formulaic now.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

True. Baseball has been a sport I've followed since I was a little kid.

2018 - 2019 was showing a lot of indies for Plus titles and a lot of people complained. Now there's been a number of AAA games, including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered, and there are people STILL complaining.

Cmon you guys.

The Last of Us Remastered was a pretty poor choice since virtually everybody here who was interested already has the game. I mean, I got the game myself, but I still need to work on the online trophies, which I'll hopefully get around to in the near future.

The rest of your post I can agree with. They're getting too formulaic now.

People are going to complain regardless of the titles they give away just for the sake of complaining. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

As the old saying goes, you can't please everyone.  Being an internet forum, of course people are going to complain, about everything, because tastes vary, and the internet is designed for complaining. (I did specifically state in my post that I was not complaining about having AAA titles in the lineup, to be fair, but would appreciate more indies.)

Makes you sick?  You must feel ill often.  Very often.  (Is that to say if I dig through your posting history you've never complained about PS+, or that you did and you made yourself sick?  ;) I'm not going to go digging, of course.)

Perhaps the only way no one would complain is if the two titles in a month were both launch titles, like Fall Guys is doing next month.  That way no one could have bought them already, no one would know much about them, really, and we could all jump in head first together.

6 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

As the old saying goes, you can't please everyone.  Being an internet forum, of course people are going to complain, about everything, because tastes vary, and the internet is designed for complaining. (I did specifically state in my post that I was not complaining about having AAA titles in the lineup, to be fair, but would appreciate more indies.)

Makes you sick?  You must feel ill often.  Very often.  (Is that to say if I dig through your posting history you've never complained about PS+, or that you did and you made yourself sick?  ;) I'm not going to go digging, of course.)

Perhaps the only way no one would complain is if the two titles in a month were both launch titles, like Fall Guys is doing next month.  That way no one could have bought them already, no one would know much about them, really, and we could all jump in head first together.

A lot more people play AAA games than indies. A good number of people just automatically toss out indie games if they look like old school 8-bit/16-bit era titles, because they look horrible to them. I don't care, as long as the game has good gameplay and I enjoy it, that's all that matters to me.

Since indies are generally niche and attract a smaller audience, you typically hear more people complain about them. There was a brief period in 2017 - 2018 when Sony was offering up a bunch of indies as Plus titles. Too many people were complaining because those were not the types of games they wanted, they wanted some AAA games to be put on the monthly list. Since early 2019 we have gotten quite a few AAA games, which have some people complaining and moaning, but not nearly as much.

MLB the Show 19 was getting a lot of complaints because that is a niche title. People on this website seem to be against actual sports games in general for some reason. You don't like baseball or sports in general, that's fine, just don't add that game to your list.

Edited by Spaz