Question about servers end-of-life (don't panic)

walafc0

Hi all,

For people who played zombie in other CoD, how long servers are online in general ? 5 years ? 8 years ? Does Activision have a good communication policy for this ? I guess they would be up for at least one year since the game was free on PS+ in June.

Thank you!

These servers aren't closing anytime soon but Activision are one of those companies that doesn't care for the 30 days server closure notice and aren't above shit canning games with little to no warning. Near the start of this year, Activision closed down a lot PS3/PS4 games without any warning at all and only fessed up about a fortnight after they'd done it.

If I remember right, BLOPS 2 went unPlatinumable without any warning and it took a lot of prodding to get them to admit they removed the leagues feature.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

Oh great, looks like we have time for 100% !

56 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

These servers aren't closing anytime soon but Activision are one of those companies that doesn't care for the 30 days server closure notice and aren't above shit canning games with little to no warning.

I asked just to be sure but I was expecting this kind of answer..

Thanks !

All Cod games are still online, they are P2P. With PS5 been backwards compatible don't expect any to go offline for many years. And WWII is Sledgehammer, they aren't scum like Treyarch. The only trophy that could become unobtainable is Ricky Recruit on Multiplayer, complete 21 challenges. 

Edited by GUDGER666