Around The World

bigboy989

Who in their right mind puts a trophy in place where you need to skate for over 40,000km!!
I couldn't do that in GRID driving a Le Mans car around Indianapolis without getting motion sickness, never mind trying to get some mush on a board to travel that distance! outrageous trophy!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, anotherfangirl said:

Are there statistics in the game where you can look at how many kms you’ve travelled?

Nah there is no stats menu in the game yet. I also think that the stats reset everytime you close your application. A friend tried it out with the 1h manual trophy. He did manuals for 30min -> closed the application -> did more manuals for 30min and the trophy didnt pop. It popped after 1h... can anyone try it and confirm?

21 hours ago, S-H-A-R-P-E-Y- said:

I just googled how many kms it is to travel around the world and it is 40,075 which is insane!!! Extremely disappointed. Absolute redic trophy. The game has no depth for me to spend that amount of time on it. Damn

Just another "look how long people have played our game for" bullshit

Still at least it's a gold and not just a bronze.... that would be killer

17 minutes ago, bigboy989 said:

Just another "look how long people have played our game for" bullshit

Still at least it's a gold and not just a bronze.... that would be killer

its killer man regardless of what colour trophy it is. just say the that map (think its called big ramp) is 250 meters long and takes 10 seconds to skate from start to finish, times that by 4 to = 1000 meters......then times it by 40,000. you basically will have to skate it 160,000 times. i suck at math but i think i am right there. hoping the devs sort it out with a patch. Probably a good idea contacting them 

• Like 1

It's bordering on arrogance by the devs to think that people would even think about playing their game for this long. Can't understand what they were thinking.

Didn't this happen in Rocket League? There was a trophy for driving 10,000km or something and they eventually reduced it to 1,000 IIRC. Hopefully these guys do the same and change it cause that's ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, jonesey46 said:

It's bordering on arrogance by the devs to think that people would even think about playing their game for this long. Can't understand what they were thinking.

Didn't this happen in Rocket League? There was a trophy for driving 10,000km or something and they eventually reduced it to 1,000 IIRC. Hopefully these guys do the same and change it cause that's ridiculous. 

agree 100%

33 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

there's still a chance that "travel" implies the usage of the quick teleport feature. I don't have the game yet so i don't know how its called in game, but indeed the trophy doesnt say "skate for 40kkm", but "travel".

That would still be a big grind but it would be quicker...

hmmmm didnt think about that. interesting. after tonights session i will only have this trophy outstanding too.........

1 minute ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

+ nobody knows what they mean by "Travel" did they mean just skating? Or flying through the map with the spawn point? Nobody knows. The lack of not seeing any stats makes it more worse.

true, i honestly have no idea. guess its only a matter of time until we know. until then back to Ghost of Tsushima......

16 minutes ago, S-H-A-R-P-E-Y- said:

what i thought also but no one has the plat yet.....

Yer I know I keep checking to see if anyone got it as I assume someone would of done 40km. 

Maybe it is 40,000 and this put a decimal in stead of a comma in error. 

30 minutes ago, THW-44 said:

Reading where the decimal is this should be just over 40km not 40,000 km. Still egregious though. 

3 minutes ago, THW-44 said:

Yer I know I keep checking to see if anyone got it as I assume someone would of done 40km. 

Maybe it is 40,000 and this put a decimal in stead of a comma in error. 

the decimal separator varies from language to language (and maybe from country to country) In french, 40.075 means "fourthy thousands seventy five".

Either way, no one should ever use comma or point as thousands separator. 40075 should be write 40 075. period :D

I thought it would be interesting to see how many hours this would take.

A study apparently exists on skateboarding speed, with the 'average' being 9.7mph. Call it 10mph. 10mph = 16kph.

Unless I'm missing something, 40,075km/16kph = 2,500 hours.Utter ridiculous. If you were to only leave your console on, non-stop, and it never overheated, it would take 3 months. If you were to leave your console on overnight whilst you slept (8 hours), it would take almost 1 year.

Say for video games reason you could travel significantly faster than this (say, 3 times, which I don't believe would be the case) - it would still be close to 1,000 hours.

48 minutes ago, THW-44 said:

Reading where the decimal is this should be just over 40km not 40,000 km. Still egregious though. 

I imagine it is 000's.

In Europe, the convention is 40.000,00.

For UK/USA, the convension 40,000.00.

I use the UK/USA convention, personally, but I imagine the developer has just used the reverse decimalisation. Why I don't know...developer appears to be from Californi (according to their twitter)!

Edited by PhantomFear94

I’ve sent out DMs, question on the subreddit and emailed someone on the publishing team on the clarity of the trophy so hopefully we’ll get some answers soon. I think the trophies either bugged but tracking has been fine for other trophies or the devs are trolling trophy hunters by having an egregious number.

Edited by shoottofilm