Around The World

bigboy989

1 hour ago, B-McLamington said:

Seems like this trophy is glitched, based on some Xbox players progression of the trophy. After hours of playing it's still showing their distance travelled as 0%.

Or it’s just one of those that don’t get tracked on Xbox. Not every “number” based achievement uses the achievement tracker, which is really dumb.

9 hours ago, NamelessOne said:

Cant stand the game its terrible.. this trophy is going to be a pain.. :(

The trophy is terrible, the game, not so much.

6 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

The trophy is terrible, the game, not so much.

In my opinion it's terrible.(To be fair, my controller is busted and doesn't respond well making it a bit harder to play) so far my experience has been awful. But if you like it great.

Edited by NamelessOne

19 hours ago, B-McLamington said:

Seems like this trophy is glitched, based on some Xbox players progression of the trophy. After hours of playing it's still showing their distance travelled as 0%.

It's not glitched, a friend of mine is working on this as well, and is at 2% after a couple days of playing. Those people are probably misjudging how much they've travelled :P

Here's his proof

0NtXFM1.jpg

It's just a ridiculous amount of distance, so it'll take a while before the percentage changes

21 minutes ago, Dzware said:

It's not glitched, a friend of mine is working on this as well, and is at 2% after a couple days of playing. Those people are probably misjudging how much they've travelled :P

Here's his proof

0NtXFM1.jpg

It's just a ridiculous amount of distance, so it'll take a while before the percentage changes

It’s true. Each 1% would be about 400km which is absurd. An average skater would be lucky to hit 40km/h. So just getting to 1% would take quite a while! 

Edited by bruin-rocks

Seriously? 40 THOUSAND kilometers? Okay then, I'm not buying this game unless it goes on a huge sale (I'm talking at least 75% off). It's one thing if I know I won't be able to get the platinum, but this feels like an insult at best.

This makes Rayman Legends look like a Ratalaika game. In case you're unaware, that game has a trophy which requires about 3-6 months of daily challenges depending on how good you are at the game.

• Like 1

I have two of my offline back-up PS4s with external fans running one copy of NA stack and one copy of EU stack. Both have rubberbanded turbo controllers and running in big circles on the very first yard you spawn in to.

Now we play the waiting game...

Edited by grifteskymfning

27 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

I have two of my offline back-up PS4s with external fans running one copy of NA stack and one copy of EU stack. Both have rubberbanded turbo controllers and running in big circles on the very first yard you spawn in to.

Now we play the waiting game...

how long do you think it will take? 1000 hours plus? 

44 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

The trophy isn't glitched therefore no need to contact the dev about it. As someone has provided progression on the Xbox One version being 2% shows it is tracking your distance. It just means you have to have patience with this trophy. 

wasnt meaning it was glitched just more outrageously stupid trophy. hopeful they reconsider and reduce it 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BCarsonElite said:

Here is a little gift to you guys to help you save hundreds of hours: https://www.trueachievements.com/a302961/around-the-world-achievement?gamerid=736628 

enjoy :)

I'm guessing that clipping through the floors and being in the abyss counts? But even if you're there, the trophy will still take about 200 hours apparently, so that's still a lot of time for a single trophy

10 hours ago, BlakkVulture2K16 said:

I'm guessing that clipping through the floors and being in the abyss counts? But even if you're there, the trophy will still take about 200 hours apparently, so that's still a lot of time for a single trophy

yeah doing it this method will still take 200 hours. Doing it legitimately in-game while skating around will take about 2500, so either way this trophy is a fuckin chore lol

Quite honestly, I find it hilarious that instead of spending time playing a game you might actually enjoy playing, you'd rather bitch about a trophy that was probably put in there just to deter any of those "hurrdurr I only play games to 100% them" from getting the game.

On a side note, you can ask the PC side to give you some pointers on standard physics in the game, as they do have mods that can change those easily. I've seen the number 8 as the top speed thrown around, meaning that (assuming 8 stands for 8m/s which you reach after a mere 0.9ish seconds of falling) it wouldn't take 200 hours of free falling to get those 40075km done, but more along the lines of 57 days 23 hours 29 minutes 35 seconds (or 1391 hours).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NamelessOne said:

Why you here then lol, people talk about trophies and such.

Because I find it entertaining, as stated above.

It's just great seeing someone go on a rant and writing something along the lines of "this game sux! I hate playing it!! This trophy will take such a long time to complete!!! Why can't they make the trophy more easily accessible *falls on the ground, starts crying*"

Also to be fair, there ARE instances of constructive discussions on this board, and those are fun to read too.

On another sidenote, the existence of a top speed can easily be deduced by falling for a mere 48 minutes straight (assuming that falling counts as travelling), as it would take just a tad over 47 minutes to fall all those 40075km if there was no top speed limit (s=0.5*a*t² -> t = sqrt(2*s/a) -> sqrt(2*40075000m/9.8m/s²) = 2860 seconds or 47 minutes 39.82 seconds).

Edited by Dekaku
everyone loves math in their vidya games
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 11:04 AM, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

The trophy isn't glitched therefore no need to contact the dev about it. As someone has provided progression on the Xbox One version being 2% shows it is tracking your distance. It just means you have to have patience with this trophy. 

Sadly having an achievement working on Xbox doesn't prove the trophy works on PlayStation. Antigraviator has some glitched trophies on PS4 but the achievements work fine on Xbox One. 

I guess this trophy is meant to be tied to the vision of this game, "simply" having fun riding in a more grounded way where doing a few tricks line is already rewarding - but 40 000+ km is still crazy. I don't mind trophies like that but when it is actually realistic. Honestly I have no idea when the actual active community of this game will even unlock it just by playing the game a lot .. so I should see you guys in 8 years I suppose .. if I ever get it. ?