Around The World

bigboy989

Does anyone know which save file saves the game progression. The game crashed on me and the 1.08GB save file is corrupted except the 39.03MB save file. Good thing that I backup my saves using usb stick.

Edited by BarryPooter__

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 10:00 AM, BarryPooter__ said:

Does anyone know which save file saves the game progression. The game crashed on me and the 1.08GB save file is corrupted except the 39.03MB save file. Good thing that I backup my saves using usb stick.

Mine did the same. Giving up on this nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, corysummers said:

Mine did the same. Giving up on this nonsense. 

I did some challenges and deleted the 1.08GB save file, I get a different character, but it didn't reset the challenges, so I believe (not 100% sure) that the 39.03MB save is the one that saves the trophy progress.

20 hours ago, BarryPooter__ said:

I did some challenges and deleted the 1.08GB save file, I get a different character, but it didn't reset the challenges, so I believe (not 100% sure) that the 39.03MB save is the one that saves the trophy progress.

Congrats on the plat mate! Could you please share your strategy to the group?

Before I'm going to explain my method, 2 people message me and said that my method didn't work for them, it's worth to try it out though.

This method is still going to take 200+ hours, this method is used to quick save the game so you don't have to wait 10+ minutes to respawn or let the game crash.

The quick autosave method is discovered by Core-Taku on psnprofiles.

-I choose the "Easy day high school" map.(Downtown L.A map is fine)

-Prepare for the free falling glitch but don't do it yet.
-Rubber band the R1 or L1 button on the controller,(if you have an arcade stick, put something on the L1 or R1 button)  
-Jump a few times just to make sure that the skater is doing a grab trick.(indy or melon grab trick)
-Now do the free falling glitch, (you don't have to jump).
-Let the skater Free fall and comeback every 4/5 hours or 2/3 hours, make sure that the screen is blurry first.

Now here comes the important part of the quick save method.

-Press the option button to open the menu (Do not press any other buttons) (Do not let go of the grab trick yet, or eles the game will freeze)
-Go to the tutorial and choose the ollie tutorial (I think any tutorial will work, but I stick with the ollie tutorial)
-The ollie tutorial will load in less than 5 secconds (Do not let go of the grab trick yet)
-The screen goes black, the skater is on the screen and the buildings looks greyish, the game should autosave at this point.
-Wait for a few seconds until the tutorial is fully loaded.(don't let go of the grab trick yet)
-Press the PS button and Close the game, check your save file just do be sure that the game autosaved.
-After that you can restart the game and repeat.

Edited by BarryPooter__
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, BarryPooter__ said:

This is how it looks like.

img%5D

thank you! So just to double check, it’s to start falling while R1 or L1 is held, then around 4 hours later return to the game and open the Ollie tutorial to initiate a quick save, close the game and check the time on the most recent save file, and then repeat? Did I get that right?

7 hours ago, corysummers said:

thank you! So just to double check, it’s to start falling while R1 or L1 is held, then around 4 hours later return to the game and open the Ollie tutorial to initiate a quick save, close the game and check the time on the most recent save file, and then repeat? Did I get that right?

Yes.

• 1 month later...

Was literally gonna buy this game, but thought I'd check the list first. But this trophy is just moronic. I think it's possibly the silliest trophy I've seen ever? Not hard, not worth anything, just demands 2000 hours for no justifiable reason. It's not like it has an mmo section or a long story. It's just the game. Basic and bland as they come. Oh and we want you to play for 2000 hours. How about no. How about you get none of my money now as well. Will play TH instead and Skate 3. Cheers. 

Edited by HankValentine
  • Like 1

On 19.8.2020 at 0:09 AM, BarryPooter__ said:

Before I'm going to explain my method, 2 people message me and said that my method didn't work for them, it's worth to try it out though.

This method is still going to take 200+ hours, this method is used to quick save the game so you don't have to wait 10+ minutes to respawn or let the game crash.

The quick autosave method is discovered by Core-Taku on psnprofiles.

-I choose the "Easy day high school" map.(Downtown L.A map is fine)

-Prepare for the free falling glitch but don't do it yet.
-Rubber band the R1 or L1 button on the controller,(if you have an arcade stick, put something on the L1 or R1 button)  
-Jump a few times just to make sure that the skater is doing a grab trick.(indy or melon grab trick)
-Now do the free falling glitch, (you don't have to jump).
-Let the skater Free fall and comeback every 4/5 hours or 2/3 hours, make sure that the screen is blurry first.

Now here comes the important part of the quick save method.

-Press the option button to open the menu (Do not press any other buttons) (Do not let go of the grab trick yet, or eles the game will freeze)
-Go to the tutorial and choose the ollie tutorial (I think any tutorial will work, but I stick with the ollie tutorial)
-The ollie tutorial will load in less than 5 secconds (Do not let go of the grab trick yet)
-The screen goes black, the skater is on the screen and the buildings looks greyish, the game should autosave at this point.
-Wait for a few seconds until the tutorial is fully loaded.(don't let go of the grab trick yet)
-Press the PS button and Close the game, check your save file just do be sure that the game autosaved.
-After that you can restart the game and repeat.

I used above method and wrote down the times I did let the glitch run for every session. I took me at total of 143 hours to get the trophy. I mostly did sessions that lastet 2-3 hours before I reset the glithch.

Thanks to all who shared their experiences.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm this also works on patch 1.05 on PS4?

@Chron-o-John maybe?

I have the patch paused in the downloads right now and want to know if it's okay to resume and install.

I didn't start the game yet, so no fear for a possible progress reset in my case.

Edited by Kolm

• 3 weeks later...
On 1-10-2020 at 0:52 PM, Chron-o-John said:

I used above method and wrote down the times I did let the glitch run for every session. I took me at total of 143 hours to get the trophy. I mostly did sessions that lastet 2-3 hours before I reset the glithch.

Thanks to all who shared their experiences.

Just wondering: How much did you play outside of those 143h?

And did you get the trophy while falling or when the autosave was triggered?

I'm at 150h with the glitch but 35h of this was parts that the game ended with an error but still changed the small savefile 1 minute before crashing.

The game always gives an application error after exactly 4h50 on my PS4 Pro.

Apart from that I got all other trophies and completed all challenges in highschool, the first 2 sets of challenges on the mega ramp and the first set of challenges in downtown LA.

Edited by Kolm

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, iNiko33 said:

FINALLY GOT IT! Thanks everyone for the tips, I'm so happy!
Don't give up you'll get it! :)

@iNiko33 Congrats! :)

Do you know how long it took you?
And did you use the dropping while grabbing (R1 or L1) method?

I'm currently at 233h if I count all hours of free falling. If I don't count sessions that ended in an error I'm at 197h20.
After each session I checked if the save still worked and my challenge progress from challenges I did in the first few hours is still there as well.
I started the game on patch 1.05 and didn't play it before that.

So... I'm kinda worried I somehow glitched past it without getting the trophy...

If I count my time since the last error, I'm at 90h49, I'm really paying attention so I don't let it run too long (3h30 max) because it consistently crashes after 4h50 on my PS4 Pro.

Edited by Kolm

Thanks!!!!

I started with the desert method (mega ramp map), the one where you ride fast outside the map. Then I estimated an average speed and found I'll be in for at least 600-700h so I gave up and switched to the free fall / grab method, downtown LA.

I didn't keep track of the time, but I was at least at 120h with the first method, and maybe around 100-120 with the second one.

I had one or two crashes on my way to the trophy, but none which deleted my save (like lost character or challenges).

To be safe I suggest taking it easy and using the tips found in this thread :

- rubber band your grab trigger

- start falling

- put your controller in charge just in case

- when around 2 hours passed (you can do more but the risk of crashes becomes bigger), press options, ollie tutorial, let it load (may take a few minutes), then do the tutorial to be sure it saved

- close and restart the game (maybe not needed, but I prefered doing it as it takes 1mn and may help cleaning the RAM and everything).

Good luck mate don't lose faith!!

• Like 1