Around The World

bigboy989

@iNiko33: I just got it today! ?

Final stats only counting the time of the glitch:

234h11 if I count all sessions

198h20 if I count sessions that didn't end in an error

I just went through all data again and here's something interesting I noticed: I had a crash once because I let go of the R1 button too early, the rubberband jumped off the button while I grabbed it to end that session. In that case only the small savefile was saved and the big one wasn't. But if I make a sum of all sessions after this session, I get 148h26 total. This is fairly close to the 143h @Chron-o-John logged.

So I think, maybe my kilometre stats were reset by that error caused by letting R1 go too early.

It's all theory and speculation but it's the only reason I can see in my list to explain the big difference in total time. A lot of sessions before and after didn't end in an error and saved both files properly. Also the challenges from before that crash were still saved.

The game also consistently crashed at 4h50 on my PS4 Pro but still changed both savefiles. So I started to avoid that but it still happened 3 times after the crash where I let go of R1 too early.

I never actually played the tutorial, I just let it load and waited until the saving icon (3 dots in a circle) in the top left was gone before I quit the application. In the early sessions I tried doing the tutorial, but even if it was only a session of 2h it would still end in a crash after pressing 'let me try' or 'back'.

I also started the game for the first time after installing patch 1.05 and did everything on this patch level.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got the Platinum Trophy this night, and i can confirm the Method on The Big Ramp Map outside riding down the Mountain still works! I started on Update 1.00, my savefiles deleted themselves 3 times and had to grind again like crazy, and now on Update 1.08 The Around the World Trophy and the Platinum Trophy (Trophy Hunter) popped up. I always wanted to quit but whoever does it, just continue, it will pop up! 

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm still grinding away at this one (no pun indeeded). But I'm really hoping someone can help me.

I'm currently using the method of falling through the floor of a building in Downtown Los Angeles, after wasting away 600+ hours on the Big Ramp. I'm hoping someone can tell me; I leave the console on until it crashes, and rinse and repeat. Is it resetting my counter everytime it crashes? What should I be doing? I'm so desperate to get this one done and out of my Playstation 

20 hours ago, RedScorpion23 said:

So I'm still grinding away at this one (no pun indeeded). But I'm really hoping someone can help me.

I'm currently using the method of falling through the floor of a building in Downtown Los Angeles, after wasting away 600+ hours on the Big Ramp. I'm hoping someone can tell me; I leave the console on until it crashes, and rinse and repeat. Is it resetting my counter everytime it crashes? What should I be doing? I'm so desperate to get this one done and out of my Playstation 

From my experience which is explained in more detail at the top of the page: It seems that certain crashes can reset your stats.

Especially the crash you get when you let go too early of R1.

My advice: Do runs of 2-3h and then go to the tutorial without letting go of R1 so the game saves.

53 minutes ago, Kolm said:

From my experience which is explained in more detail at the top of the page: It seems that certain crashes can reset your stats.

My advice: Do runs of 2-3h and then go to the tutorial without letting go of R1 so the game saves.

Thank you! I'll be sure to give it a go! 

I'm sorry, hopefully without the possibility of sounding daft, but what does the R1 button have to do with anything?

1 hour ago, Kolm said:

Apologies, just did some more reading on the previous posts. Thank you!!! I've never been so infuriated by a Trophy before, just want it over and done with

4 hours ago, RedScorpion23 said:

Thank you! I'll be sure to give it a go! 

I'm sorry, hopefully without the possibility of sounding daft, but what does the R1 button have to do with anything?

Apologies, just did some more reading on the previous posts. Thank you!!! I've never been so infuriated by a Trophy before, just want it over and done with

No problem, I assumed you already knew what it was because you mentioned the glitch of falling through the ground :)

Good luck though! I know your feeling... :/

Edited by Kolm

• 2 weeks later...

Goddamn it, I feel like this shitty game is calling to me, now that I'm trying to get my tt ratio at 2.00, which I can get by roleplaying as  disenfranchised commie Tim Pool.

But 40,000 KMs... this is worse than Grid, good lord.

" this achievement/trophy is going to take 2700 hours to complete according to the developers in a recent interview so good luck to all the completionists"

No, must not give in to the temptation.

• 2 months later...

Right. Officially fuck this game and the developers who worked on it.

I finally got this stupid trophy today after almost 600 hours of leaving my PS4 on in 10-12 hour stints.

This trophy is either created by someone who is either stupid or malicious and neither option deserves to work in the industry. 

It's one thing to sell a game for £30 with barely any content but to then expect someone to spend hundreds and hundreds of hours in it's empty ass levels to reach such a ridiculous milestone is just stupid.

For those of you still trying, you can do it. I'll try and answer questions if anyone still has any (although the info and routes from above are still valid) and for anyone considering it, I'd recommend against it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pray07 said:

Right. Officially fuck this game and the developers who worked on it.

I finally got this stupid trophy today after almost 600 hours of leaving my PS4 on in 10-12 hour stints.

This trophy is either created by someone who is either stupid or malicious and neither option deserves to work in the industry. 

It's one thing to sell a game for £30 with barely any content but to then expect someone to spend hundreds and hundreds of hours in it's empty ass levels to reach such a ridiculous milestone is just stupid.

For those of you still trying, you can do it. I'll try and answer questions if anyone still has any (although the info and routes from above are still valid) and for anyone considering it, I'd recommend against it.

At least you got your money's worth.

• 4 months later...

Can anyone confirm if Downtown method is still working after the multiplayer update ?

I know they've made it more difficult to get into the building but I get in pretty easily with a well timed ollie at the main entrance door then quickly selecting the marker and moving forward, wich should put you in the building, now does it still track is what I'm wondering? I'm about 230 ish hours in

• 1 month later...

Someone posted a vid on youtube to get Around the World in about 45 minutes on a new account.. I bought the game and tested it and well, it is actually working (as of right now). I started the game, did this immediately and got the trophy after about 50 minutes:

This is not my video. Someone just mentioned it to me. Just got the plat in about 4 hours thanks to this.

Edited by Yoey_666
  • Like 4

On 11/7/2021 at 5:45 AM, Yoey_666 said:

Someone posted a vid on youtube to get Around the World in about 45 minutes on a new account.. I bought the game and tested it and well, it is actually working (as of right now). I started the game, did this immediately and got the trophy after about 50 minutes:

This is not my video. Someone just mentioned it to me. Just got the plat in about 4 hours thanks to this.

I confirm , you can get the Around the world trophy in under 50 minutes. 

On 07/11/2021 at 3:45 AM, Yoey_666 said:

This just worked for me too. So glad to be done with this trophy.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 3:25 PM, element666 said:

This just worked for me too. So glad to be done with this trophy.

Can you give more details?  I watched the video and tried doing the glitch myself and nothing.  Spent 10 minutes trying.

On 5/10/2021 at 9:54 AM, Pray07 said:

Hey I'm trying and I can't get any of the glitches on youtube to work.  Only glitch I ever got to work was on the big ramp screwing with the corner of the map.  Got it to work once.  Then the next day I saw a new update downloaded.

On 21/11/2021 at 7:43 AM, MarioShroomed said:

Can you give more details?  I watched the video and tried doing the glitch myself and nothing.  Spent 10 minutes trying.

Hey I'm trying and I can't get any of the glitches on youtube to work.  Only glitch I ever got to work was on the big ramp screwing with the corner of the map.  Got it to work once.  Then the next day I saw a new update downloaded.

I just did exactly as shown in the video. You definitely have to stick something under the right stick so it stays in manual, or else it doesn't work. I found the hardest bit was to glitch out of bounds. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll manage it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

D

Anyone know if this still works because I can't do it lol.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 28/07/2020 at 11:50 AM, S-H-A-R-P-E-Y- said:

trophy states 40.075km so to me thats a touch over 40 kms and not 40,000 - i hope i am right but judging from the rest of the trophies surely they wouldnt place something so absurd in???? doesnt make much sense. 

lol, the trophy is called around the world, earth isn't 40 km in circumference?

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone wondering and mopping up (like I am). As of March 2023 this still works.

Best way to get out of the map is enable the live map editor from settings, then take an object out of the map and hold triangle while next to the car.