Trophy Thoughts

2 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Thought this was gonna be Switch only. Huh.

Looks simple enough, but guessing solving the tree mystery is the main part of the game.

Well it was already on PC. 

I’m glad to see SoS branch out from Nintendo again (counting the real Harvest Moon history in that).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Own that one on Switch, but thanks. :) 

Not my intention to sell you something, I'm pointing out that SoS is expanding outside Nintendo. I literally had this exact conversation on reddit before deleting my account. And that took place before they announced Friends of Mineral Town on PC. I said then that SoS was going to PC, but then the other person said it was just a spinoff game and I said we'd likely see more of it happen. And tada...

I won't be surprised if we see more SoS on PS4 in the future after this one either. Unless this one just sells like garbage and doesn't cover the costs, I think given how late the port is and given there's a newer game out in the series they should probably have reasonable expectations based on that. But it's hard to know how certain companies will interpret data.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

A DORAEMON GAME ON PS4????

My God, the 10 year old me is screaming out of joy. :')

Shame it's only NA and JP, but no big deal.

I know, right?  I had a girlfriend long ago who loved Doraemon, and I haven't heard the name or thought of it in years.  Funny how things come back around sometimes.

• Like 3

I don't think this game will sell that well to PS4 audience. Most people like myself already own this on the switch and since the release of SOS:FoMT people are solely focused on that. Don't get me wrong its a beautiful game and amazing design BUT I feel like most farming games are toward the nintendo players as of right now. Just a warning for someone who is planning on buying this on the PS4. There is no marriage. It's not your typical Harvest Moon game although it is a good replacement for those terrible (Natsume) new ones out there. I don't mention them. 

Edited by TheSleepyBeauty

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2020 at 4:38 AM, TheSleepyBeauty said:

I don't think this game will sell that well to PS4 audience. Most people like myself already own this on the switch and since the release of SOS:FoMT people are solely focused on that. Don't get me wrong its a beautiful game and amazing design BUT I feel like most farming games are toward the nintendo players as of right now. Just a warning for someone who is planning on buying this on the PS4. There is no marriage. It's not your typical Harvest Moon game although it is a good replacement for those terrible (Natsume) new ones out there. I don't mention them. 

For me it's too expensive at the moment, I will definitely grab it when it is on sale. 

I didn't even know this was going to be released! I played this game non-stop on my Switch until I got tired, mainly because I get super obsessed over mining xD

I'm torn between being angry because this game is so much fun and the trophies are too easy and being happy because that way the platinum is going to be a breeze! That's important having in mind I just finished a hellish grinding game like Marenian Tavern Story and the last trophies were a nightmare to get but oh, well, I will enjoy my journey with Doraemon again!

Good point is we don't need to max out every character affection level because that was the main reason I stopped playing X'DDD

So if anyone is wondering if this trophy list is easy, it is. The story related trophies will take a little more time but the farming, mining, etc are basic, you don't even need to get better tools, a diamond or max your farm so it's easy (sadly imho).

If you like this kind of farming, relaxing and funny games, get it!

• 3 months later...

I don’t believe there are any missable trophies no. 

There is only one trophy that I know of that is tied to you responding a certain way, but I believe you can use the What If Box to change your answer anyway. Without spoiling too much, when you come across a chest that you need the goddess to open, you want to ‘leave’, not destroy what is inside. 

Could also confirm now, no missable trophies... the question now is if it is even possible to get the platinum in the first year....  I am pretty much done with everything except for waiting for the baby cow and baby sheep trophy and wait for season to change to purchase and harvest the crops for the Human Locomotive.

• 2 weeks later...

In relation to missable trophies I think I've locked myself out of the main tree story line accidentally. 

I was trying to trigger chapter 10 & couldn't so I checked the machine in the mayor's house & apparently I haven't triggered chapter 9 yet. I have the Realization Pen in my key items but when I talk to Vera I can't get the prompt to hand it over to her so I'm not sure if you can lock yourself out by not giving her the gadgets immediately or whether this is just a glitch. Anyone else had any issues with the gadgets? 

On 1/3/2021 at 4:57 AM, nicoleislost said:

In relation to missable trophies I think I've locked myself out of the main tree story line accidentally. 

I was trying to trigger chapter 10 & couldn't so I checked the machine in the mayor's house & apparently I haven't triggered chapter 9 yet. I have the Realization Pen in my key items but when I talk to Vera I can't get the prompt to hand it over to her so I'm not sure if you can lock yourself out by not giving her the gadgets immediately or whether this is just a glitch. Anyone else had any issues with the gadgets? 

strange... I didn't get any problem with the stories like you did... few questions...

Have you given the other 3 Items needed to Vera? I think the Chapters when you give items to Vera can be done in any order...

How is your Relationship with Harmon and Ravi? There was another thread mentioning that you need at least 6 Hearts on Harmon and Ravi to finish the Big Tree storyline.

Have you finished the Lithography/Cave Story LIne and made sure you didn't Destory the "item"?