Trophy Thoughts?

Anyone that has the consecutive ranked matches, do you know how many you had to win? Looks pretty relaxed, based on percentage. 

36 minutes ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Played for a bit last night, and it's probably just me but the controls feel atrocious and I couldn't get into it. Maybe just need to give it more time, I was expecting it to play and control more along the lines like DW Gundam or Gundam Breaker. 

Assuming it's like Gundam Versus, the controls take a minute to get used to. However, once you get used to them, everything will feel smooth. It's essentially a fighting game, and not a ln action game. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Anyone that has the consecutive ranked matches, do you know how many you had to win? Looks pretty relaxed, based on percentage. 

Assuming it's like Gundam Versus, the controls take a minute to get used to. However, once you get used to them, everything will feel smooth. It's essentially a fighting game, and not a ln action game. 

My buddy got that ranked trophy last night and it's 2 wins. I'm personally having a blast with the game but I'm still learning. My friend is showing me the ropes and the essentials for online play. Hopefully I can make some more friends while playing this game as I think it will be one I frequently play for awhile.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NomadDragon said:

My buddy got that ranked trophy last night and it's 2 wins. I'm personally having a blast with the game but I'm still learning. My friend is showing me the ropes and the essentials for online play. Hopefully I can make some more friends while playing this game as I think it will be one I frequently play for awhile.

Oh thanks for the info! 2 wins is very easy in a row so I'm not worried about the platinum at all then. Just need to put some money away to pick this up, because I rather enjoyed the Versus games. 

8 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Yeah it seems to handle more like a fighting game, which in terrible at but i enjoy the gundam franchise so I dont mind dipping outside my norm. Ill have to put aside some time soon to just dive into the combat and get used to it, and just chip away at some online matches here and there

12 hours ago, Hentekorino said:

I don't have the game yet but the all maxi boost missions and all figures look a tiny bit concerning, any RNG involved or are either of these super difficult? 

How long does it take to raise a navis' intimacy to max? 

I just got the game a few hours ago. The Maxi Boost Missions are just tiny battles that progress to tougher sections. Section A had 5 battles, Section B looks like it has 30ish in it. And they're not too difficult, and if you get stuck, you can clear different missions to progress the branch. I did a few online battles, and my navi for both battle and menu improved by 1 (out of 5). That doesn't really answer the question, I know, but I don't think it should be that bad.

And I was only ok at Gundam Versus, but the ranked trophy was pretty easy. Ranked Shuffle seems to be more active than Ranked Hold (at least, if you're solo). Just get really good with a Mobile Suit of your choosing, and you'll get it pretty quickly in the low ranks.

4 hours ago, stargate1995 said:

Curious as to how many people are needed to start an online battle, is it 1 v 1? Would like to play this for single player but the MP grind seems huge. If it's 1 v 1 though I should be able to theoretically self boost with a second ps4.

It's all 2v2. Boosting is really unnecessary in this game. All you have to do is win 2 ranked matches in a row, and win 100 total matches. Both should happen naturally by the time you hit 500 matches. 

12 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I just got the game a few hours ago. The Maxi Boost Missions are just tiny battles that progress to tougher sections. Section A had 5 battles, Section B looks like it has 30ish in it. And they're not too difficult, and if you get stuck, you can clear different missions to progress the branch. I did a few online battles, and my navi for both battle and menu improved by 1 (out of 5). That doesn't really answer the question, I know, but I don't think it should be that bad.

And I was only ok at Gundam Versus, but the ranked trophy was pretty easy. Ranked Shuffle seems to be more active than Ranked Hold (at least, if you're solo). Just get really good with a Mobile Suit of your choosing, and you'll get it pretty quickly in the low ranks.

I also just picked this up last night, something I'm concerned about is how you unlock some missions by S ranking others.

Wondering if there is an unlock requirement like "S-Rank 90% missions or S-Rank all missions" for a mission.

Yeah online doesn't seem too bad, my friend and I got to 200 or so TP last night so presumably it'll be a couple more days for ensign.

Here’s a list of the ranks for those who may need it. I’m currently at Corporal and I’ve won 16 games out of 44. Every win slowly moves up, losses haven’t affected it.

Civilian
Rookie
Private E-1
Private E-2
PFC - Private First Class trophy
Corporal
Sergeant
Master Sgt - 500 points
2nd Lt - Ensign trophy
1st Lt
Captain
Major
Lt Colonel
Colonel
Major General
Lt General
General
Field Marshal
Supreme Commander

Edited by NomadDragon
Added info

is there a way to tell how to get s ranks on the ex missions because i feel like its random beause i have super high scores on some of them and don't get the s rank then i will get a lower scrore but get the s rank i feel like ther is some secret requirement and the game doesnt tell you.

10 hours ago, NomadDragon said:

Here’s a list of the ranks for those who may need it. I’m currently at Corporal and I’ve won 16 games out of 44. Every win slowly moves up, losses haven’t affected it.

Civilian
Rookie
Private E-1
Private E-2
PFC - Private First Class trophy
Corporal
Sergeant
Master Sgt - 500 points
2nd Lt - Ensign trophy
1st Lt
Captain
Major
Lt Colonel
Colonel
Major General
Lt General
General
Field Marshal
Supreme Commander

Adding to this, the rank points for Ensign seems to be around 550 or so. I saw someone lose 6 points for losing when they were a Sergeant. I don't think it will be too tough to make it to Ensign, as long as you're a halfway decent player. 

• Like 1