Actually required challenge points on Vita?

Sinthoras_96

So most sources I found state that you need 1850 challenge points plus all singleplayer points for truly awesome. But this is all refering to PC/Console versions of the game. 

The Vita guide on trophies.org actually states that you need "just" 1800 points. Does anybody know for sure, if thats correct? 50 points difference might not look much, but on Vita the playerbase is extremely small and I end up with bronze aka 1 point for most challenges, which means 50 points is pretty much one month of daily playing.

EDIT: The german trophy guide at trophies.de says you have only 4100 points after 100% in singleplayer, which would require 1900 challenge points to reach 6000.

So Im really confused now: 1800, 1850 or 1900?

EDIT 2: This topic here mentions that the Vita version has 5 more maps than the other versions. That would mean that you should be able to get more points than in the other versions, right? So maybe 1800 required challenge points is indeed correct?

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

You will need 1,866 points to reach Awesomeness 11, assuming you have fully completed every level in single player.

I calculated 1876, but I may have made a math error. It's definitely in this neighborhood, though.

• Like 1

Getting the Diamond Cup is much worse in my opinion. 

I think for one of the challenges I did on an alt, over 2000 players participated in it. That means I would of had to score in the top 20 for a goddamn Diamond. 

Should of played this when it was offered on PS Plus. Would of made the grind a lot easier.

27 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Getting the Diamond Cup is much worse in my opinion. 

I think for one of the challenges I did on an alt, over 2000 players participated in it. That means I would of had to score in the top 20 for a goddamn Diamond. 

Should of played this when it was offered on PS Plus. Would of made the grind a lot easier.

I don't believe the Vita version of Legends was ever a Plus offering. The PS4 version was, along with the Vita version of Origins.

And I would KILL for a chance at a Diamond cup by being top 20. These days, you have to be #1, MAYBE top 2 for the dailies and Top 3-4 for weeklies. Given the wonderful community that still remains for this game this means you pretty much have to hope for a glitched cup, which seems to happen around every 3 months or so and even then is not a slam dunk unless you get VERY lucky and get a super easy one.

Too bad, because overall the game is enjoyable.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RNumbers said:

I don't believe the Vita version of Legends was ever a Plus offering. The PS4 version was, along with the Vita version of Origins.

And I would KILL for a chance at a Diamond cup by being top 20. These days, you have to be #1, MAYBE top 2 for the dailies and Top 3-4 for weeklies. Given the wonderful community that still remains for this game this means you pretty much have to hope for a glitched cup, which seems to happen around every 3 months or so and even then is not a slam dunk unless you get VERY lucky and get a super easy one.

The bar the top 1 percent set is insane. 

The challenge I did would of required me to get under 10 seconds. I barely got by with a Gold and that was me trying at least 100 times. My best time was just under 12 seconds.

On 28/07/2020 at 1:49 PM, Sinthoras_96 said:

EDIT 2: This topic here mentions that the Vita version has 5 more maps than the other versions. That would mean that you should be able to get more points than in the other versions, right? So maybe 1800 required challenge points is indeed correct?

The extra levels on Vita give NONE bonus points, it's just for fun and for the gain of 2 extra characters

Otherwise it's indeed 1866 points needing on online challenges (with invasion levels installed) to reach 6000 points, but with weeks playing the game it's pretty impossible to not improve a bit yourself to gain at least silver cups : scores of bronze cups are really scores of complete beginners, of players who don't want to play more than 20s a day or... of children under 6 years

On 01/08/2020 at 0:47 AM, RNumbers said:

On vita, even if you are TOP #1 you have sometimes no guaranty to gain a diamond cup : since the 2 last years, in a lot of challenges ("luckily" only on distance challenges) NONE diamond cups for even one player have been granted, and sometimes even with more than 200 players (with a tie at a distance over 10 km)

46 minutes ago, Arkiokin said:

On vita, even if you are TOP #1 you have sometimes no guaranty to gain a diamond cup : since the 2 last years, in a lot of challenges ("luckily" only on distance challenges) NONE diamond cups for even one player have been granted, and sometimes even with more than 200 players (with a tie at a distance over 10 km)

Can you explain that a little further? Not sure I understand you. Why wouldn't a diamond cup be granted if there are over 200 players?

11 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Can you explain that a little further? Not sure I understand you. Why wouldn't a diamond cup be granted if there are over 200 players?

Because, there is a glitch on distance challenges : when you overpass 10km, the system has 50% chance to demote you by one spot. So if you were ranked 2nd for example, with more than 10km in a run, the system should consider that you are in fact at rank 3rd. So with less than 200 players, and normally only one diamond granted for player ranked 1st, if the TOP1 player has made a 10km+ score, he will have 50% chance to gain a diamond (normal behaviour of the system) and 50% chance to gain a gold cup (if the system demote him at rank 2). With more than 200 players, if the 2 best ranked players make the same 10km+ score (very rare but it should occur time to time voluntarily or not), this score has 50% chance to be considered at rank #1 score (=diamond for the 2 players) and 50% chance to be demoted at rank #3 (the best score below the 2 scores "glitched")= gold cup for the 2 players. Theoretically, even with 500 or 1000 players, if the Top5 or Top10 players are all died at the same 10km+ distance, ALL these players should not gain a diamond cup, but I think it never occured (completely improbable). I saw one time a challenge with more than 300 players, but only one diamond cup was granted for player ranked 1st, cause players ranked 2nd and 3rd made the same distance (even if it was a very long distance of 33km for these 2 players : they died exactly at the same glitched point of the challenge).

Just to be careful in a weekly challenge with 4 or 5 diamond cups, if the last player who should normally gain a diamond (player ranked 4th or 5th in my example) make too much efforts and suddenly overpass 10km, he should not gain a diamond, whereas he would have gain one by keeping his mark under 10km (at something like 9900m) 

Edited by Arkiokin

You need to get to 6000 points in total

Offline there are: 11 diamonds, 224 golds, 224 silvers & 224 bronzes

Diamond is 50 points, gold is 10, silver is 5 & bronze is 1

So offline you get: 550 + 2240 + 1120 + 224 = 4134 points, meaning you need to grind out the remaining 1866 points by the online challenges

The online challenges are: daily, daily extreme, weekly & weekly extreme, cups are granted by what your place is in the ranking

Top 90% is bronze, top 40% silver, top 20% gold & top 1% diamond, so u can grant 16 cups in a week (2x7 dailies & 2 weeklies)

If u get all the same cups all the time then

Bronze: about 117 weeks (so over 2 years)

Silver: about 24 weeks (so half a year-ish)

Gold: about 12 weeks (so 3 months-ish)

Diamond: less than 3 weeks (so half a month-ish)

Ofcourse, challenges are different all the time, and some might fit you better than others so you wont be earning the same cups all the time, although, as you play you will get better at the game & a higher cup will get doable by time

The only problematic thing is that diamonds only get handed out to the top 1% (on vita that means: the best (or the best 3 or something in a weekly)) & with some 3-5ish players being that 'best' with years of experience that becomes almost impossible to get (except on rare occasions like glitched murfy distance or when we with a group decide to 'stop at a point' if its possible)

What Arkiokin describes as the '+10km glitch' is something y'all shouldn't worry about (going 10km on any distance needs quite some dedication to learn it) all ya need to know is 'stay under 10km' (besides you wont get a diamond on there anyway because some people (Arkiokin & me, wink wink) sometimes dont care about the cups they earn & just go for the highest as they can, especially since that AdruA-dude started to get really good & devoted in the land distance to the point that Arkiokin probably sees that as what i'd call 'a decent competition'?)

@Arkiokin i also noticed on the last time we got equal scores (17km or something i believe) with over 200 players I did earn a gold, dunno what you got but it seems that the system indeed 'drags you down' even if you both should be '1st' (since it would let 1 person be 2nd, lowers it to 3rd, 3rd = score of 1st, so 1st becomes 3rd too)

• Like 1

Yes, I think I remember the 17km equal score, and indeed I also earned only gold. With equal scores, the system always give the same cup for the players concerned with : no "discrimination" is allowed, and so the glitch will affect all players or none player. I had also some diamond cup in other similar situations (Remember a 22.99km tie on a pit with less than 200 players : diamond for the 2 players)

Btw, many thanks to have make one day 40km+ on a Vita land distance. Before that, I was in doubt the wall/glitch could be possible to be succeeeded on the Vita version of this challenge. Before that, I have tried many techniques, and had hope when bapa found and teached his technique. and yes it was possible to sometimes suceed this path, but it was never very reliable and reproducible on my side (I never was able to succeed more than 1 glitch path with these new techniques, which was under my own previous techniques of avoiding to be glued). So after something like 50 to 100 challenges with no real improvement, the hope was gone and I had to abandoned this aim (especially because of the frustration to play 40 minutes, before having the possibility to test a technique or another).

But with your performs, the hope was coming back and I just tried again, first of all just to see by simplifying my movements, with a little focus on the same timing and on the D-pad directions (training it again and again during the 33 first km), I should have results or not.

Luckily it worked enough to keep the hope alive and to be able to train with more than one path in 40 minutes of play : be able to practice first with 4 to 6 of these paths on each run (rather than with 1 or 2) was a big change for me and a big step of improvement. My technique is not yet reliable (and in fact I don't know exactly why sometimes I fail, and why it works the other times) but this challenge has regained its interest. Beyond the "competition" it's rather the pleasure of improvement and simply of playing that I'm very glad to have regained. Thank you again !

P.S : I always learned that it is Top 50% players who gain silver (not 40%), but I honestly never tried to test it, since my last silver cup was on February 2015

Edited by Arkiokin

@Arkiokin but contrary to that pit you explained, we both actually had 17,xx km with even over 200 players, yet we still got golds, so it must've counted us both as 2nd & retrograded us a spot to 3rd (that's at least what i think)

About Bapa's strategy I also sometimes fail, but I do know why, normally you will try to kick as late as possible to the bone so you reach the ledge (actually you glue climbing up) & you unglitch yourself doing jumps left-right-left

If you kick the bone too soon u glue on the wall itself & your character cannot trigger 'climbing' because that entire side of the wall 'glues'

If you kick & hold your 'right' direction, you also glue because your character holds onto that direction when you glue, making it impossible to jump left-right-left

And if you kick late enough, without directions pushed, you can actually get on ledge's 'sweet spot' without glueing whatsoever, and thats where i sometimes struggle because i dont get it to glitch consistent enough to 'always' do the trick, or not needing to do it, by the time that i sometimes realize 'oh i glued' i end up dead already by the firewall, nonetheless on my 44km record (which i suppose still is the Vita wr ?) i only had it to glitch twice (and some 7 not)

Im glad this competition gave ya some new 'drive' to go for it again ?

My example on pit was just to confirm it's also possible to gain diamond with a tie and not gold systematically (otherwise my other example of players #2 and #3 retrograded to gold with more than 300 players is same on yours)

The last time (outside today) I played a land I beat my PB to 47.88km (you probably just saw I first made 33.5km but I now always try at least 2 long runs, even 3 if possible to practice the more), but I think I didn't glue only 2 times, and I escaped from glue all the other time (at least 15 times). I even not died by a wall glitch (just slipped when jumped over a basic walI).

I found also the best trick is to kick as late as possible the wall bone, which is the main reason I improved recently. However, when I touch the wall, I took the habit to hold the left direction, but after that, I don't know really what I'm doing to escape (I should record a video for myself) but I suppose, when I'm gluing, that I make quickly jump right, left, right, left (after my first left jump glued). In fact I never tried to push no direction there, which seem to give some easier manipulation after that : with 5 jumps, the firewall is very very near my character haha (but when I die there, it's rather that I was not able to escape the glue, not after an escape, even if it's close to a fire death ;) )