Cuphead Trophy/Achievement Thoughts?

KozanBeaver

I’ve played it on the switch, looking at the trophy list, it’s quite forgiving. The game itself was very difficult at stages, but fun and rewarding.

as far as difficulty ratings go this is nowhere near the level of trophy difficulty that super meat boy’s trophy list is. I’d give it 7 or 8/10

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Clafoutee said:

Obligatory thread.

Any Xbox/PC/Switch players that can give us an idea about the difficulty of that list?

The game is difficult to beat in general. I'm guessing beating the game on normal will be a rare/very rare trophy as you have to beat most if not all bosses to get to him which is not an easy task without hours of playing. Getting A rank/beating it on expert will be very challenging to anyone and will pretty much require an almost perfect run on all bosses and must be done quickly. Not impossible, but definitely a challenge. I'd give it a 8/10 and say it'll be an UR plat most likely.

I have the game on switch and I am stuck at the dragon in the 2nd/3 worlds on Normal mode. You can give your characters perks to make bosses easier and can opt into an easy mode as well if need be just to finish the game. It's important to collect coins as you go to get these perks quickly. The most useful one is probably the smoke bomb which allows you to dash through attacks to dodge.

Man, fantastic list.

My most anticipated games this year have had pretty lackluster lists (Nioh 2, The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, CrossCode), so it's pretty refreshing to have a challenging platinum, even if ultimately I don't get it myself lol.

Edit: Also, I don't have any interest in SMB, but can anyone compare this to Hollow Knight, difficulty wise? Bringing it up because it's probably the last hard platinum I got on my old account.

Edited by Doomsounder
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Since everyone draws a comparison between this game and SMB I was wondering: Do you have to beat stuff flawlessly in one go for some trophies like it was the case for SMB? Pacifist for instance? Or can you do levels x-y on one day and levels a-b on another? thx in advance :)

No. Every level is "contained" within itself for the achievements (at least it was for the switch). There's really no comparison to SMB imo. I got all S-Ranks on the switch version and it took a couple weeks of work, but I don't think there's really any way I'll get the SMB plat

• Like 2

Having played this on PC I think some of you are overstating the difficulty here. Hard list, yes, but definitely not a 10, probably more like an 8. If you could plat games like Hollow Knight or Hotline Miami you should be okay here with a bit of practice.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, nhindian said:

No. Every level is "contained" within itself for the achievements (at least it was for the switch). There's really no comparison to SMB imo. I got all S-Ranks on the switch version and it took a couple weeks of work, but I don't think there's really any way I'll get the SMB plat

Would it be more comparable to Crash Bandicoot platinum where some levels have hard speedruns but you have to get one at the time and you can try as much as you want? Or Cuphead is harder?

2 minutes ago, Knave21 said:

Having played this on PC I think some of you are overstating the difficulty here. Hard list, yes, but definitely not a 10, probably more like an 8. If you could plat games like Hollow Knight or Hotline Miami you should be okay here with a bit of practice.

This is exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nhindian said:

alright thx, never played this game before but I got the SMB plat so I guess I should be good then.

Edited by Jasko_SOA

4 minutes ago, Lezonidas said:

Would it be more comparable to Crash Bandicoot platinum where some levels have hard speedruns but you have to get one at the time and you can try as much as you want? Or Cuphead is harder?

Cuphead was harder than Crash for me, but same concept where you don't have to do anything in one run. You can skip around and do things in whatever order you want, replay levels, etc

The only achievement I have left on steam is complete the game on Expert. Got burnt out with the game and unfortunately never got back to it. Definitely gonna say this isn't a 10/10 based on my experience. Expert is certainly doable; its not nigh impossible. Just have to keep going at it.

have played this game on Xbox One

and i can say it's really hard here is my advice 

if you want your life be more easier

go to shop

and buy ( roundabout ) in SHOT-A 

and buy ( lobber ) in SHOT-B 

you can choose any SUPER you want 
CHARM you can take ( smoke bomb or coffee )  it's up to you but DON'T take any heart or twin heart cause they effect your weapons 

Now when you face a boss you have to hold fire button all the time in same time you have to change your weapons every second 

last thing don't forget to be close to the boss as much as possible to defeat him quickly 

• Like 1