Cuphead Trophy/Achievement Thoughts?

KozanBeaver

From what I remember playing it on Switch this will definitely be challenging, but if you had to get all S ranks then it would be ridiculously hard to complete. I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to complete that challenge.

Edited by Bizurke2003

Doesn't look as hard as some people make it seem to be. As far as I remember from playing it on PC years ago, you have unlimited continues and all levels are self-contained. The levels are fairly short, too. Will take some effort and patience for sure, but without any trophies related to speed running or no death runs it shouldn't be too difficult. Probably won't go below 1%. 

5 hours ago, psycho_clank314 said:

One of the hardest plats out there for sure. 

Not by a long shot. It's not the easiest but it definitely isn't the hardest at all.

Super Meat Boy makes this look like a cake walk. 

1 hour ago, Celcelz said:

Just got the Platinum, it really isn't that hard. Use Double Heart charm to help getting A Ranks because the only thing that matters when getting the HP rating after beating a boss is your final total HP, so using that you can take 2 hits and still end with 3/3 HP rating.

Expert mode isn't too hard except some bosses that change a little bit but most of them almost don't have any changes. 

Pacifist isn't too bad, i recommend Double Heart charm for all levels except one. (The upper left level in Isle 2)

Good Luck!

Damn. So it was you who got to it before me ? 

You took a different approach from me. I went with the smoke bomb dash and had charge shot/spread and invincibility for my super. 

3 hours ago, BigHatPaul said:

Same as the XBOX list, which is fine, though King Dice no damage :silver: ? Idk about all that...

It's not hard at all. You can get extra hearts on the level and as long as you have 3 hits left by the end. You will still get it since the counter at the end is 3/3 hits.

• Like 1

Just got the Platinum, it really isn't that hard. Use Double Heart charm to help getting A Ranks because the only thing that matters when getting the HP rating after beating a boss is your final total HP, so using that you can take 2 hits and still end with 3/3 HP rating.

Expert mode isn't too hard except some bosses that change a little bit but most of them almost don't have any changes. 

Pacifist isn't too bad, i recommend Double Heart charm for all levels except one. (The upper left level in Isle 2)

Good Luck!

Congrats!

• Like 1

Probably too hard for me, but damn those trophy images are nice. Thinking about getting it despite the platinum probably being out of reach for me.

Edit: To be clear, I've been interested in the game since it was first announced on Xbox, the trophies just make it harder for me to pass up despite the fact that this type of game really isn't my strong suit.

Edited by RNumbers

5 minutes ago, The_UW_98 said:

Not by a long shot. It's not the easiest but it definitely isn't the hardest at all.

Super Meat Boy makes this look like a cake walk. 

Damn. So it was you who got to it before me 1f602.png 

You took a different approach from me. I went with the smoke bomb dash and had charge shot/spread and invincibility for my super. 

I change my loadout sometimes depending on the fight, for example i like using Chaser on Honeybottoms and Phantom Express. Roundabout on Cagney because it helps cleaning the mobs that he spawns while also damaging him, etc.

Double Heart charm is just so safe i love it, and it really doesn't decrease damage that much, super worth it.

Congrats on the plat!

I agree that this game is in no way a 10/10, SMB is just way harder in comparison. For someone playing for the first time i would say it's a 7.

2 minutes ago, Celcelz said:

I change my loadout sometimes depending on the fight, for example i like using Chaser on Honeybottoms and Phantom Express. Roundabout on Cagney because it helps cleaning the mobs that he spawns while also damaging him, etc.

Double Heart charm is just so safe i love it, and it really doesn't decrease damage that much, super worth it.

Congrats on the plat!

I agree that this game is in no way a 10/10, SMB is just way harder in comparison. For someone playing for the first time i would say it's a 7.

Congrats on your Platinum trophy! I see you've also plat'd Crash Bandicoot 1. I've also plat'd Crash 1, so that's a great point of reference for me. How would you compare the two Platinums? If Cuphead is a 7/10, how would you rank Crash 1?

5 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Congrats on your Platinum trophy! I see you've also plat'd Crash Bandicoot 1. I've also plat'd Crash 1, so that's a great point of reference for me. How would you compare the two Platinums? If Cuphead is a 7/10, how would you rank Crash 1?

If you done Crash then this is around the same difficulty. Cuphead may seem harder at first but the game is designed really well so you will improve quicker. Crash has a lot of cheap and unfair parts but cuphead for me personally was easier overall but it isn't too far off.

Edited by The_UW_98
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_UW_98 said:

If you done Crash then this is around the same difficulty. Cuphead may seem harder at first but the game is designed really well so you will improve quicker. Crash has a lot of cheap and unfair parts but cuphead for me personally was easier overall but it isn't too far off.

Thanks for your reply! Cuphead looks so fun, but the 10/10 reputation is scary :P

8 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Crash 1 is harder for me but only because i didn't play it on the PS1 era, i think both games are hard in their own merit, Cuphead is MUCH easier for me because i've played it a ton before, i would say it's a 4/10 for me at the moment, while Crash 1 with Stormy Ascent Relic included is an 8, for me of course.

Edited by Celcelz
  • Like 1

Good Luck!

The best thing is that you don't need to get a S Rank everywhere. At least one for the trophy, for aside that yeah, is easier the Expert run because you're free to make mistakes if you already got the A ranks in all game. 

I'm truly hyped and now just 10 bosses away for 100% on PC. My body is reggie!