Cuphead Trophy/Achievement Thoughts?

KozanBeaver

2 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

The best thing is that you don't need to get a S Rank everywhere. At least one for the trophy, for aside that yeah, is easier the Expert run because you're free to make mistakes if you already got the A ranks in all game. 

I'm truly hyped and now just 10 bosses away for 100% on PC. My body is reggie! 

When i got 100% on Steam i didn't even realized you could get the A ranks on normal mode, and that A- ranks counted, so i got all A ranks on Expert then i realized that it was much easier than i thought.

Good Luck for you!

6 minutes ago, Celcelz said:

When i got 100% on Steam i didn't even realized you could get the A ranks on normal mode, and that A- ranks counted, so i got all A ranks on Expert then i realized that it was much easier than i thought.

Good Luck for you!

The Double Heart. Do you always have it or need to rebuy every time? 

Just now, Vergil said:

The Double Heart. Do you always have it or need to rebuy every time? 

It's permanent, you can equip and unequip anytime you want, the coins in the game are limited to 40 i think and it's enough to buy all items. (Which give you a trophy)

4 hours ago, Celcelz said:

Just got the Platinum, it really isn't that hard. Use Double Heart charm to help getting A Ranks because the only thing that matters when getting the HP rating after beating a boss is your final total HP, so using that you can take 2 hits and still end with 3/3 HP rating.

Expert mode isn't too hard except some bosses that change a little bit but most of them almost don't have any changes. 

Pacifist isn't too bad, i recommend Double Heart charm for all levels except one. (The upper left level in Isle 2)

Good Luck!

Very impressive my friend, absolute congrats!

• Like 1

Nearly 100%d this back on Steam, only achievements I gave up on were beating Expert and beating King Dice without taking a hit. Expert was definitely doable, I was just kinda burnt out on the game by that point and lost motivation. King Dice without taking a hit is the hardest imo. I sucked at timing the dice rolls so I ended up just trying to learn all 9 minibosses, and I would always choke and mess up on the final part with King Dice himself. Sucks that you have to go through the entire miniboss gauntlet just to get one shot at King Dice himself, makes practicing him tedious. I'm sure it's easier if you learn how to time the dice rolls and only practice a select few minibosses though. Other than that, I think the only bad achievement is Pacifist. That's one that will definitely test your patience.

It's difficult for sure but not insane. Not something I have any desire to try again though lol

33 minutes ago, Ephemera_5 said:

Does anyone know if the campaign can be fully played coop and if this makes things easier?

Maybe

Bosses have scaled up HP but players can Revive one another indefinitely when dying as long as they're quick to do so. Definitely makes getting A-Ranks harder as the HP Rating is shared by both players, but for Just finishing the game it's not bad.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Smoke_kiss said:

have played this game on Xbox One

and i can say it's really hard here is my advice 

if you want your life be more easier

go to shop

and buy ( roundabout ) in SHOT-A 

and buy ( lobber ) in SHOT-B 

you can choose any SUPER you want 
CHARM you can take ( smoke bomb or coffee )  it's up to you but DON'T take any heart or twin heart cause they effect your weapons 

Now when you face a boss you have to hold fire button all the time in same time you have to change your weapons every second 

last thing don't forget to be close to the boss as much as possible to defeat him quickly 

The weapon swap bug was fixed with a patch on the PC/XB1 version years ago, I'd imagine that is fixed on the PS4 version as well. I used this same bug to get the 100% on PC.

This is one of those games where people will overestimate the difficulty. I'd say it's about a 6-7 difficulty since you don't need to S rank all bosses. For the record, I've played this on Steam and have 12 hours in it and 100% achievements. I've also S ranked all bosses in that time too. There's enough info out there that players who want this plat will eventually get it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Celcelz said:

Good Luck for you!

I did that exact same thing ?

• Like 1

Just wanted to note that the trophy "Rolling Sixes" for not getting hit during the King Dice battle is misleading just like the original achievement was on Xbox. You CAN get hit during the battle with King Dice (I was hit twice actually), what's important is that your HP is at 3+ by the end of the battle. I recommend using the Twin Heart charm (to start at 5 HP) and stocking up with extra hearts on the mini-bosses you feel comfortable fighting so that you have some hearts to burn during the actual fight with King Dice.

Also, it's been said already in this thread but it's worth repeating that "A-" ranks will count towards the A-rank trophies and can all be obtained on Regular difficulty. You do not need any A-ranks on the 6 run-and-gun levels (only P ranks for the "Pacifist" trophy).

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 4

On 29/7/2020 at 2:34 PM, greenzsaber said:

This is one of those games where people will overestimate the difficulty. I'd say it's about a 6-7 difficulty since you don't need to S rank all bosses. For the record, I've played this on Steam and have 12 hours in it and 100% achievements. I've also S ranked all bosses in that time too. There's enough info out there that players who want this plat will eventually get it.

But for a player like me that, for example, is unable to get the relic on "Stormy Ascent" in Crash Bandicoot (I've tried for 3 hours and it's impossible for me, and getting all boxes without dying was a challenge too), do you think is it possible for someone like me to platinum?

4 hours ago, Lezonidas said:

But for a player like me that, for example, is unable to get the relic on "Stormy Ascent" in Crash Bandicoot (I've tried for 3 hours and it's impossible for me, and getting all boxes without dying was a challenge too), do you think is it possible for someone like me to platinum?

I think Stormy Ascent Relic (i have it) is much more annoying than anything in Cuphead's platinum.

• Like 1

I earned my Platinum today (took about 2 or 3 days on and off); I've had plenty of experience with the game on both PC and Switch and in my personal opinion the game is about a 7 in terms of Platinum difficulty (less if you've played it before and are familiar with the bosses).

A-Rank on all the bosses can be very difficult and some of the bosses on Expert are a massive struggle. Beating King Dice without taking a hit is also challenging but I think the trophy will pop if you still have at least 3 HP remaining at the end of the fight (that's what happened for me). EDIT: This has already been mentioned I see, haha!

Good luck if you're going for the Platinum!

Edited by KristophDJHero
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CloudLoku said:

the platinum is not even ultra rare anymore ?

Soon it will be a common Platinum. Don't ruin your profile with it. ?

But seriously, I think a lot of people that played this game before have bought it again to play it with Trophies. Some allready confirmed it in this topic. The game has been out for 3 years, so plenty of time to practice. Once more people buy it or upload their profile, I think the rarity will go below 5% again.

I must admit, Chaser weapon drops the difficulty of certain fights by significant amount, especially last form of Rumor Honeybottoms which was a PITA with regular peashooter.

Even if you do less damage per shot, you still do similiar amount if you would shoot/dodge with other weapons. In my opinion, it is the plane levels where difficulty is the highest.

One boss on Expert and 3 stages to P rank left. For now I'd give it a 7/10 in difficulty by PSNP standards.