I forgot how amazing the VITA is

Shenka

Amazing yes it is!

But didn't recive the support she need it (yes for me is a she xd). I will always remember the piece of art that games like Teraway or Gravity Rush could be on a sistem like that.

For me 100% better than 3ds and if she has recive support and games like the 3ds my man I know for sure today that console will still be here on the tops.

• Like 4

Its such an underrated console and it sucks how Playstation stopped taking care of it as a whole. I really like the PSVita as well for when I’m traveling, out of the house and when I want to relax in bed. I don’t know what the future holds if PS would make another handheld console since this one kinda “failed”, if that would happen though I would be happy to add that to my collection. :)

• Like 2

It's a fantastic console. One of the best - but I ran out of things to play on mine, so I finally sold it about a year ago. 

It's easy to be frustrated at its lack of support from, well, everyone. But I got mine in 2013 and had a blast for at least four years, so I can't complain too much.

It could had been more amazing...I wish I could remote play PS3 games on it. Now that would be sweet, I'll be in bed 24/7.

2 hours ago, NordicSaiyan said:

Amazing yes it is!

But didn't recive the support she need it (yes for me is a she xd). I will always remember the piece of art that games like Teraway or Gravity Rush could be on a sistem like that.

For me 100% better than 3ds and if she has recive support and games like the 3ds my man I know for sure today that console will still be here on the tops.

I love my 3DS a good bit, but even on the New 3DS XL the controls feel really cramped for me. I recently played Ocarina of Time on it and my hands were in pain. The VITA feels a lot more comfortable in my hands, and I believe thats a result of the thumbstick placement.

The timing of the VITA's release was unfortunate, not to mention the expensive memory cards.

32 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

I just got one a few weeks ago and playing it for Vita exclusives. On Killzone Mercenary now and loving it lots!

Hows the multiplayer? I have the game in my PS account (for some reason, I know i never purchased it) but dont wanna load it up unless I can get the platinum.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I still use my original PSP for music and movies whenever I travel and I've been long holding out on getting a Vita. I think the thought of having to buy an expensive yet somewhat small memory card put me off for ages, but I really want to finally let my OG PSP retire in peace and get another gaming/media device for travelling. The PSP was an outrageously brilliant and well-made console, so if I can find a good enough deal on a VITA I'll definitely be picking one up ASAP.

Would you guys recommend the OLED model or is the difference between the VITA versions not that big?

Edited by Gotakibono

Just got my 50th Platinum on the Vita, It was Shinobido 2 and I love that game enough that I'm trying to plat every release, currently looking for the HK/Asian version. I play on the PSTV way more then the vita itself, the library of games is amazing. Next in line, Akibas Trip 2 HK version.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gotakibono said:

I still use my original PSP for music and movies whenever I travel and I've been long holding out on getting a Vita. I think the thought of having to buy an expensive yet somewhat small memory card put me off for ages, but I really want to finally let my OG PSP retire in peace and get another gaming/media device for travelling. The PSP was an outrageously brilliant and well-made console, so if I can find a good enough deal on a VITA I'll definitely be picking one up ASAP.

Would you guys recommend the OLED model or is the difference between the VITA versions not that big?

The biggest difference is the display.  People say the graphics are a bit sharper on the original model.  I still have the Assassin's Creed version from when they first launched and have been playing it a lot recently without any obvious hardware issues.  I do wish they hadn't pulled support for it so early.

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Trini said:

Not to highjack the thread, but are there any strong recommendations for the Vita apart from P4G, Soul sacrifice, and Gravity Rush?

i really liked vitamin z, its a free game. a bit grindy and repettitive but i really liked it. the glitch though of enemies falling under the map and killing you making the last trophy to get is annoying.

other then that i only use my vita for free stack games. i like to use it as a music player but after importing my songs i wish the delete feature was in a eaasier spot. like if a song is playing and i dont like it, i wish i could just hit delete. but instead i have to go back and browse the menu and scour through hundreds of songs