Shenka

I forgot how amazing the VITA is

40 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Trini said:

Not to highjack the thread, but are there any strong recommendations for the Vita apart from P4G, Soul sacrifice, and Gravity Rush?

Vita is great, unfortunately most vita games follow the same pattern: 30% story/fun things and 70% grinding-repeating the same thing over and over.

 

With this being said, there are some good games for the vita only, like resistance burning skies(very short but still fun), persona games, killzone mercenary(one of the best, too bad for the 10k kills that requires repeating the same level over and over again), adventures of mana, monster monpiece( card game and short, but still fun), shinobido, call of duty declassified.

Personal opinion but, absolutely avoid silent hill book of memories( it's not even close to a silent hill) and digimon( can be fun for the digimon part, but the story is not so good)

 

I personally also liked some games available for ps4 and ps3 too like jak, sly and god of war series, berserk, attack on titan, world of final fantasy ecc. Of course playing on a ps4 is ages forward compared to vita, but if you cant play on ps4 for whatever reason, vita is a valid alternative too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:


i really liked vitamin z, its a free game. a bit grindy and repettitive but i really liked it. the glitch though of enemies falling under the map and killing you making the last trophy to get is annoying.

other then that i only use my vita for free stack games. i like to use it as a music player but after importing my songs i wish the delete feature was in a eaasier spot. like if a song is playing and i dont like it, i wish i could just hit delete. but instead i have to go back and browse the menu and scour through hundreds of songs

 

I just looked it up and YouTube, seems like a very fun game, how long did it take you to acquire all the trophies if you don't mind me asking? I also used to play music on mine but that was once upon a time lol 

40 minutes ago, ddrakner said:

Vita is great, unfortunately most vita games follow the same pattern: 30% story/fun things and 70% grinding-repeating the same thing over and over.

 

With this being said, there are some good games for the vita only, like resistance burning skies(very short but still fun), persona games, killzone mercenary(one of the best, too bad for the 10k kills that requires repeating the same level over and over again), adventures of mana, monster monpiece( card game and short, but still fun), shinobido, call of duty declassified.

Personal opinion but, absolutely avoid silent hill book of memories( it's not even close to a silent hill) and digimon( can be fun for the digimon part, but the story is not so good)

 

I personally also liked some games available for ps4 and ps3 too like jak, sly and god of war series, berserk, attack on titan, world of final fantasy ecc. Of course playing on a ps4 is ages forward compared to vita, but if you cant play on ps4 for whatever reason, vita is a valid alternative too.

 

Thanks a ton for the recommendations! Recently I've been thinking about taking up my vita once again (I let my friend borrowed it) but I never really thought about what games I would play on it for when I do get it back. This definitely gave me some insight on what to get so thanks once again for your input, truly appreciated 🙏🏼

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Vita. I use it almost on daily basis since day one and still going strong. 

 

I wish development would be still active for it but we still have plenty games for it + PSP/PS One classics.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, melodicmizery said:


i really liked vitamin z, its a free game. a bit grindy and repettitive but i really liked it. the glitch though of enemies falling under the map and killing you making the last trophy to get is annoying.

other then that i only use my vita for free stack games. i like to use it as a music player but after importing my songs i wish the delete feature was in a eaasier spot. like if a song is playing and i dont like it, i wish i could just hit delete. but instead i have to go back and browse the menu and scour through hundreds of songs

hm, can't find this game on the EU store. It's american only?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An underrated handheld for sure, I wish Sony had supported it like they did with the PSP.  I use it mostly nowadays for the PS4 remoteplay function and playing PSX classic JRPGs.
Long live the Vita!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trini said:

Not to highjack the thread, but are there any strong recommendations for the Vita apart from P4G, Soul sacrifice, and Gravity Rush?

Sure

  • Final Fantasy X/X-2
  • Stardew Valley
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  • Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Tearaway
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2
  • Downwell
  • Undertale
  • Secret of Mana
  • Distraint
  • Little Red Lie
  • Digimon Cyber Sleuth
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
  • Slain: Back From Hell
  • Sly Cooper collection
  • Unit 13
  • Shinobido 2
  • Dragon Quest Builders
  • Street Fighter x Tekken (surprisingly good on Vita)
  • Sonic and All Star's Racing Transformed
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (has 2 and 3)
  • 2064 Read Only Memories
  • Titan Souls
  • Guacamelee
  • Death Mark
  • Spirit Hunter: NG

 

Really, the list goes on and on.

Edited by BigHatPaul
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BigHatPaul said:

Sure

  • Final Fantasy X/X-2
  • Stardew Valley
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  • Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Tearaway
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2
  • Downwell
  • Undertale
  • Secret of Mana
  • Distraint
  • Little Red Lie
  • Digimon Cyber Sleuth
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
  • Slain: Back From Hell
  • Sly Cooper collection
  • Unit 13
  • Shinobido 2
  • Dragon Quest Builders
  • Street Fighter x Tekken (surprisingly good on Vita)
  • Sonic and All Star's Racing Transformed
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (has 2 and 3)
  • 2064 Read Only Memories
  • Titan Souls
  • Guacamelee
  • Death Mark
  • Spirit Hunter: NG

 

Really, the list goes on and on.

 

Your list is appreciated good sir

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2020 at 7:31 AM, breakXedge said:

hm, can't find this game on the EU store. It's american only?


it says ww, which i think means worldwide so it should be there. try searching the ps4 store and getting it. and then downloading it from your download list on vita maybe?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3597-vitamin-z/melodicmizery

On 9/7/2020 at 6:27 AM, Trini said:

 

I just looked it up and YouTube, seems like a very fun game, how long did it take you to acquire all the trophies if you don't mind me asking? I also used to play music on mine but that was once upon a time lol 

 

Thanks a ton for the recommendations! Recently I've been thinking about taking up my vita once again (I let my friend borrowed it) but I never really thought about what games I would play on it for when I do get it back. This definitely gave me some insight on what to get so thanks once again for your input, truly appreciated 1f64f-1f3fc.png


im sort of slow on some games it says it took me 3 months, but i didnt get the last trophy for 2 months because its a bit of a grind and i had to take a break. that trophy is kill 1,000 coconuts. the reason the trophy is so hard is because even if you warp to the farthest level possible, you still have to play i think 4+ waves to see any coconuts around level 30ish. but, once you get there, there is these pepper looking monsters who get stuck underground and they attack you and kill you because you cant hit them. now if you luckily have a shield youll be protected until you get a superstomp that kills everything on the level. but youll most likely die everytime in the game by the fault of that underground bug in the game and have to slowly work up the coconut kills.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2020 at 8:05 AM, savageamusement said:

Long live the VITA!

 

Such an amazing little machine, I keep meaning to buy another one as a back up, I also want another PSP at some point as that’s fairly under appreciated too.

 

 

I still have my PSP going strong, decided to mod it because all I use it for is Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force games 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Vita is my fav handheld.  I wonder if you could remote play with the PS5 with it, probably not.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in the day I always knew of the Vita, but I was too focused on PS3 gaming. Then E3 2013 came. They announced Tearaway and Killzone: Mercenary (2 upcoming MUST OWN Vita games that blew my mind) as well as a bundle with TellTale's The Walking Dead season 1 (which I never played but was a HUGE fan of the show). I was sold immediately! Not to mention the Vita already had other cool exclusives such as Uncharted: Golden Abyss and LittleBigPlanet Vita. I've also had some great memories on Vita playing Spelunky, Hotline Miami, Teslagrad, Rocketbirds, Zero Escape, Resistance: Burning Skies, Need For Speed, Dragon's Crown, just to name "a few". And I've still got quite the backlog!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a person that play that console for over 7 years, i cant recommended enough for anyone that at least want to get invested into his catalog, from resistance burning skies (the first one i manage to play and plat by myself) passing for some of my favorites independent games at the time, games like proteus, Resogun and Dead Nation, Lone Survivor (favorite horror game), flower, hotline miami, the swapper, Xenon Valkyrie+, Helldivers, etc, to a really self freaky need from RPGS like Demon Gaze (great dungeon crawler and game in general) Mei Q, Natural Doctrine, Strangers of sword city (another great one), the japanese gundam games (the first 2 Gundam Breakers and VS Force) and a hell lot of other, i even get one PSTV to use my TV defeat that difficult Phantasy Star Nova by myself and plat it also, for a console that didnt have the success i was hoping in the first place, i still didnt regret even buying it in the first place, hell, still play it more that my ps4 even today

 

 

 

                                                 AccessEngage21.png

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought The Walking Dead Edition of Vita on Ebay about a month ago. I haven't done much with it yet but I figure it can be something I can explore a little until I get a PS5. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.