Anyone know any good grinding spots? 40km and 5 grinds

SUGARTOUCH

1 hour ago, SUGARTOUCH said:

I've been flying around the maps looking for long rails or sets or rails to get the 40 km grind and 5 grinds in one line but am having trouble finding good spots.

I got the 40m grind in the downtown LA area. There's a downhill road with a long ledge along the entire left side much longer than 40m

1 hour ago, SUGARTOUCH said:

I've been flying around the maps looking for long rails or sets or rails to get the 40 km grind and 5 grinds in one line but am having trouble finding good spots.

Like someone's already said, there's a perfect spot in Downtown where you can do this. I've made a platinum guide on YouTube showing where and how to get the trophies. 

https://youtu.be/jhi39fI4TbQ

3 hours ago, Riszcky said:

Like someone's already said, there's a perfect spot in Downtown where you can do this. I've made a platinum guide on YouTube showing where and how to get the trophies. 

https://youtu.be/jhi39fI4TbQ

Did you get the 5 different grinds trophy within a capture. I didn't see it in your vid?

I'm struggling to find a good spot to get that one done.

1 hour ago, BobbbyLight said:

Did you get the 5 different grinds trophy within a capture. I didn't see it in your vid?

I'm struggling to find a good spot to get that one done.

All the grinds trophy? It's at 4:43.

5 different grinds without falling off your board or resetting to your checkpoint. Doesn't need to be in a combo. 

turning left as soon as you spawn into Downtown LA seems to be the best place for the 40m grind, and thus, the 1k total grinds. Also, manuals here rack up quite a bit. Been doing this for about 30 mins now, it's tedious, but it should pop around an hour. just go down the hill and hang rights until you run out of speed and restart

It took me a minute to realize I could pick any open rail and take my time grinding it for the 5 grinds so long as I didn't bail or go to a marker since I assumed I needed to Manual between grinds to maintain a combo but that is not the case at all. For the 40m you should go to downtown LA like others have posted.

• 2 months later...

I got the grinding 40m and 1km total grinding on the map with the big ramp.

From the default starting point, use the roll in of the halfpipe and when you reach the other side, press up on the joystick of your back foot. It'll lock into a grind (usually nose or crooked grind) along the coping of the halfpipe. To get out of the grind without bailing do a nollie. Depending on your speed and the angle you go up the halfpipe, you can even make it all the way to the end of the half pipe without the need for a nollie. But you don't need to go all the way for the 40m trophy.

Most important is that you don't need to aim and time your ollie to get on the rail in this game, just hold the joystick up before you reach the coping and it'll just lock in when it reaches the coping.

This makes it very easy and quick.

I got my 5 different grinds on this map as well by locking in on the coping the same way a few times without bailing or resetting in between.