Worth waiting for DLC and physical release

Mathieumatic

From what was said on the stream it doesn't seem like the DLC will be coming out any time soon.  They said they announced it way to early and "it'll be ready when it's ready." I'm sure they're working hard on it but I wouldn't expect it anytime this year.

3 hours ago, Mathieumatic said:

For anyone interested in buying this game, I thought you should know that there is DLC on the horizon. MDHR has also announced, since the release last year on Switch, that they will eventually give out physical copies of the game aswell. Well, it's fairly safe to assume now that MDHR has decided to release it on PS4 now, so that they can release physical copies of main game + DLC before the end of the year on all platforms. Possibly even special or collector's editions can be expected (for those of you who care about that).
The DLC was originally supposed to release in 2019, so they've been working on it for a while now. I think it's fairly safe to assume that the DLC/physical release will still happen this year. There is a small chance, however, that another postponement will take place because of COVID-19 until early 2021.

Keeping in mind that this game was originally released in 2017, it shouldn't be that big of a deal to wait for another couple of months for most of us. But hey, who am I to tell you guys what to do, I just want to warn everyone so there won't be as many angry 'I SHOULD HAVE WAITED!!!!' and "I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!" forum posts on here.

In my country, there's a saying (roughly translated): "A warned man is worth two"

So do what you want, but don't be surprised when your buddy pulls up a physical copy of Cuphead as a Christmas gift! 1f609.png

def gonna pick up the physical copy when it releases

It's probably going to be a while. This game is infamous for lengthy delays. It was shown at four consecutive E3s before its release, initially having a release date of 2015 before finally coming out in September 2017. Then the DLC was slated for early 2019 but still isn't out, supposedly still slated for this year but it's been radio silence for quite some time.

I mean, I definitely get why it takes so long to get content made for this game but sheesh, Studio MDHR could do with being a little less optimistic about their release windows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RNumbers said:

Or maybe it's just not the place for it...

yeah you are right.

I would like to apologise I had a long night watching conspiracy videos.

I did not intend to abuse/shame anybody.

but on topic I was jealous about cuphead being only on xbox and switch and I would love to get my physical copy/

Well, if a physical version includes the Dlc would be a surprise imo, a complete edition is not very common in indies. Especially if it becomes LRG exclusive, like Magicka, it just have the base game on disc. I hope Cuphead release a full edition.

7 hours ago, greenzsaber said:

I'll wait for a physical edition. I've already played it on Steam and there's a chance that the DLC may have trophies too.

Guess I don't understand. If you are intending on getting all trophies. You get them now, then when DLC comes out, you get the others. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...