Trophy Thoughts?

killerkid276

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Never seen the anime so might watch it then get this. Can anyone comment on the level of fan service or censorship?

Never seen the anime then instantly asked about censorship and fan service... If you've not seen the anime, how do you know if it actually contained scenes which would be censored or any 'fan service' required? 

I really hate those who instantly think that just because it's anime then it's going to contain naked kids, women, or scenes which Sony wouldn't be okay with.

To answer your question (as best as I can, as the embargo is in 9 hours) - the Japanese version isn't out until tomorrow, so nobody can compare the two versions. I'd be very surprised if there are any differences though

I love the anime and I'm an ancient of days. I watched the early seasons with my son when he was younger and later seasons with my youngest daughter in more recent times. I watched some youtube footage of the game and not sure I will hop onto the game at launch, maybe wait for a couple of years and a sale unless the reviews are amazing. If you can couch co-op that might swing an earlier buy. The graphics in thePS4 version look sweet but the trophy icon designs look terrible and I actually got a game earlier this year that I was unsure about getting just because the trophy icons were beautiful.

32 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Never seen the anime then instantly asked about censorship and fan service... If you've not seen the anime, how do you know if it actually contained scenes which would be censored or any 'fan service' required? 

I really hate those who instantly think that just because it's anime then it's going to contain naked kids, women, or scenes which Sony wouldn't be okay with.

To answer your question (as best as I can, as the embargo is in 9 hours) - the Japanese version isn't out until tomorrow, so nobody can compare the two versions. I'd be very surprised if there are any differences though

? I ask because I have principles and will not purchase on PS if Sony have censored the product. And yes, I did quickly google the anime, hence my guarded interest in checking the franchise out. No confusion, surprise or consternation at the question is warranted given Sony’s recent history. Thank you for your response.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

Trophy images look dull and boring, but I’m hoping for a good and chill plat run, with maybe some grinding (I wouldn’t mind grinding if the game was really good). 

Btw, I’m just happy we got an anime game that isn’t a fighting game

I'm really disappointed with the trophy tiles. I mean would it have killed the devs to put characters on them? At least the plat tile looks pretty. I'll wait for a sale. I love the anime but stopped watching it at episode 90-something. I think the site I was using at the time stopped loading the episodes for some reason. This was years ago though.

31 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'm really disappointed with the trophy tiles. I mean would it have killed the devs to put characters on them? At least the plat tile looks pretty. I'll wait for a sale.

There are so many pathetic and silly people in here today! Refusing to buy a game and saying you'll "wait for a sale" all because you don't like the trophy images - something which literally nobody looks at outside of seeing what they need to do to unlock them.

You guys are worse than the people on Reddit who attack devs who publish Switch games with a tile that doesn't have the game's name in it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, turniplord said:

There are so many pathetic and silly people in here today! Refusing to buy a game and saying you'll "wait for a sale" all because you don't like the trophy images - something which literally nobody looks at outside of seeing what they need to do to unlock them.

You guys are worse than the people on Reddit who attack devs who publish Switch games with a tile that doesn't have the game's name in it.

Announcing a bunch of DLC with characters and costumes cut from the main game (Please, don't tell me that they are working on them after the game was finished) before the game release, releasing a "Deluxe" version without season pass and charging 15 US for an in-game item and 5-6 costumes is motive enough for "wait for a sale"? I'm glad that I wait until last moment to pre-order... And yeah, the trophy icons are lame too, not my motive to stop my pre-order but it is true too...

P.S. And about your other comment, PSNP is a forum of trophy hunters, not your regular forum of casual gamers, even if you don't like it the trophy tiles are part of the trophy culture (Not as important as the trophy requirements themselves, but they have importance), so, if there is a place to complain about trophy icons/tiles... It is here.

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 1

Kinda disappointed that the Plat trophy name is not F stands for Friendship.

I was hoping for Juvia and Lucy specific trophy and icons but oh well... I just hope that there is no time sensitive trophies like the other Atelier games. Not really sure if there is MP since there is a trophy for winning a Duel... Offline VS?

Edited by JaM
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JaM said:

Kinda disappointed that the Plat trophy name is not F stands for Friendship.

I was hoping for Juvia and Lucy specific trophy and icons but oh well... I just hope that there is no time sensitive trophies like the other Atelier games. Not really sure if there is MP since there is a trophy for winning a Duel... Offline VS?

I think this is what is meant

Kikuchi: “A few of the elements include being able to fight your guild members one on one using the ‘duel’ system, and the ability to use Extreme Magic such as Magic Chain abilities and Fairy Law, causing the background objects to get destroyed using the over damage system. I think these are a few of the most ‘Fairy Tail-like’ systems we have implemented in the game.”

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/fairy-tail-game-interview-with-producer-keisuke-kikuchi

• Like 1

Got the game today, played like two hours and i absolutly love it so far. Game has persona like features (building friendship and bonding with teammates which are two seperate things) and i love the classic JRPG approach. Big Fairy Tail fan though.

Soundtrack is okay so far. Sometimes it was very good and then you hear some generic tunes. But you get that Fairy Tail feel

Trophy list looks doable. Maybe 40-60h

Edited by BDRick35
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, turniplord said:

Why are you so butthurt for no reason. That's entirely an assumption on your part that the only reason they're waiting for a sale is the trophy icons.

It's probably the game itself that determined why they're waiting. Nothing about it screams "you have to buy me now, you can't miss me." Especially as another person already mentioned, the game has a bunch of scummy Bamco practices and it's a Bamco anime game.

They were just commenting on the trophy icons because... the topic is about trophy list and the trophy icons are part of that. I assume I'm in that list of "silly and pathetic" people since you're so broad in your assumptions. I wasn't going to pay full price for this because it's in the era of the show that I think is complete and utter garbage, and Bamco's anime games are really iffy in quality. I'll wait for a sale too. The only reason you should be upset by that is if you financially benefit from people buying it at a higher price, otherwise why should you care?

Just now, Elvick_ said:

Why are you so butthurt for no reason. That's entirely an assumption on your part that the only reason they're waiting for a sale is the trophy icons.

It's probably the game itself that determined why they're waiting. Nothing about it screams "you have to buy me now, you can't miss me." Especially as another person already mentioned, the game has a bunch of scummy Bamco practices and it's a Bamco anime game.

They were just commenting on the trophy icons because... the topic is about trophy list and the trophy icons are part of that. I assume I'm in that list of "silly and pathetic" people since you're so broad in your assumptions. I wasn't going to pay full price for this because it's in the era of the show that I think is complete and utter garbage, and Bamco's anime games are really iffy in quality. I'll wait for a sale too. The only reason you should be upset by that is if you financially benefit from people buying it at a higher price, otherwise why should you care?

Because they literally complained about the icons then said they'll wait for a sale - implying the reason they're waiting is due to them not liking the trophy images. I've seen people say the same thing in other threads for other games as well. There's an entire SubReddit for people who complain and hassle Nintendo devs who use a nameless icon as their tile on the Switch as well. 

There's more important things to get annoyed and campaign over then the trophy icons and the games' tile.

And no, I'm not 'Butthurt', just pointing out that it's a stupid thing to put you off buying a game.

Also, it's not Bandi Namco, it's Gust and Koei Tecmo - plays similar to the Atelier series, not One Piece...

4 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Because they literally complained about the icons then said they'll wait for a sale - implying the reason they're waiting is due to them not liking the trophy images. I've seen people say the same thing in other threads for other games as well. There's an entire SubReddit for people who complain and hassle Nintendo devs who use a nameless icon as their tile on the Switch as well. 

There's more important things to get annoyed and campaign over then the trophy icons and the games' tile.

And no, I'm not 'Butthurt', just pointing out that it's a stupid thing to put you off buying a game.

Also, it's not Bandi Namco, it's Gust and Koei Tecmo - plays similar to the Atelier series, not One Piece...

I forgot it was KT, because the marketing and dlc practices are pretty much Bamco's way of handling all their anime shovelware. I'll go fling myself off a bridge in shame.

Why'd you bring up One Piece? What's that got to do with anything? I'm talking about their dlc,  rushed games that don't do much justice to the IP. Not gameplay.

Yes, that strawman was indeed stupid. You sure showed them how stupid they are for not buying a game because trophy icons. Too bad no actual person has said that's why you simply inferred it based on two statements that can easily be disconnected thoughts.

13 hours ago, turniplord said:

I wasn't going to comment, but I feel the need to defend myself a little. First, if you've read my comment in the other thread in the PS4 unreleased forum here, you can see that I was waiting for the game, but didn't know when it dropped. I was a bit unprepared to get it day one, but seeing the trophy tiles now, I wanted to wait for a sale. Also, I'm neither "pathetic" nor "silly", just very discerning about day one purchases. I do consider other aspects of a game before I buy it: story, gameplay, how pretty it looks (I like shiny things), physical edition availability (I live in Norway where GameStop died and customs suck), and most importantly, how much money I have to spend on a pretty niche hobby.

I don't know if you have ever read any of my past comments on trophy thoughts, but I do like planning milestones and with that planning, I have an interest in what trophy tiles look like. But there's one thing I'd like get straight, I have NEVER attacked a company on Twitter or on Reddit (I don't even have accounts for them) for their tiles or anything for that matter. I hope you didn't take my comment as an attack. It was meant to be taken as a disappointment. For a bit of reference, I was very disappointed that Bandai Namco used boring trophy tiles  for all of their Tales of games until Tales of Berseria dropped. However, I still bought them, albeit a bit later and gasp! on sale.

• Like 3

On 7/30/2020 at 8:44 AM, Edunstar84 said:

I wasn't going to comment, but I feel the need to defend myself a little. First, if you've read my comment in the other thread in the PS4 unreleased forum here, you can see that I was waiting for the game, but didn't know when it dropped. I was a bit unprepared to get it day one, but seeing the trophy tiles now, I wanted to wait for a sale. Also, I'm neither "pathetic" nor "silly", just very discerning about day one purchases. I do consider other aspects of a game before I buy it: story, gameplay, how pretty it looks (I like shiny things), physical edition availability (I live in Norway where GameStop died and customs suck), and most importantly, how much money I have to spend on a pretty niche hobby.

I don't know if you have ever read any of my past comments on trophy thoughts, but I do like planning milestones and with that planning, I have an interest in what trophy tiles look like. But there's one thing I'd like get straight, I have NEVER attacked a company on Twitter or on Reddit (I don't even have accounts for them) for their tiles or anything for that matter. I hope you didn't take my comment as an attack. It was meant to be taken as a disappointment. For a bit of reference, I was very disappointed that Bandai Namco used boring trophy tiles  for all of their Tales of games until Tales of Berseria dropped. However, I still bought them, albeit a bit later and gasp! on sale.

No need to defend yourself, you did nothing wrong ;) .

Edited by sephirothdude
  • Like 1

NGL, if I don't love Fairy Tail, I will probably wait for a price drop before buying this game. Knowing that this is made by the ones that made Atelier games, I already expected for the similar trophy icons and repetitive fetch/slay these quests - and I was right. But is it bad to expect/hope for them to at least give me a trophy image of a character from the manga I loved for years?

I would also say to buy the game if you are a fan of the manga/anime... if not, wait for a price drop, full price is not worth it...oh well at least I got my Juvia avatar and those Lacrima that gives me +20% EXP. :dunno:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...