Recommended spot for Around the World?

ImAPirateSoSueMe

Others have suggested that progression may not save properly on the manual trophy.  i.e. someone did it for 30 minutes one session, turned the game off and had to do a complete hour to get it to pop.

After messing around to get the change clothing 20 times Trophy, I settled on what I wanted, skated around with it for 2 hours.  Turned the game on this morning and it had all the cosmetics from when I first changed them around.

If things aren't auto-saving that right there gives me enough fear to not even try this trophy yet.  I'm hoping they change the requirements but devs aren't really worried about what the trophy community wants.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BobbbyLight said:

Others have suggested that progression may not save properly on the manual trophy.  i.e. someone did it for 30 minutes one session, turned the game off and had to do a complete hour to get it to pop.

After messing around to get the change clothing 20 times Trophy, I settled on what I wanted, skated around with it for 2 hours.  Turned the game on this morning and it had all the cosmetics from when I first changed them around.

If things aren't auto-saving that right there gives me enough fear to not even try this trophy yet.  I'm hoping they change the requirements but devs aren't really worried about what the trophy community wants.

I haven't had any issues, thankfully. I thought the clothing one was bugged but you just have to keep loading into the character screen 20 times, not change 20 in one time. And which manual? The 100m or 1 hour? Still crazy to me how these things aren't QA tested prior. I was debating getting the EU version as well for a double platinum but might skip that idea due the Around The World.

26 minutes ago, BobbbyLight said:

The 1 hour of manuals was the one someone had a problem with.

If you do get Around the World you're going to have to let us know how you did it and how long it took. I'm not sure if I can get in for that grind.

I'm gunna try.. I'm off today so I just have the game on autopilot while I'm cleaning around the house. lol I really really hope that 1000-2000 hours is inaccurate.

spawning at the top of the ramp and going afk will net you a decent distance before you crash. there are only two problems: your character will go a different way every single time meaning that you won't always crash. and I left it on overnight to no avail, with no stats screen it's impossible to tell if the number is actually going up

14 minutes ago, BCarsonElite said:

spawning at the top of the ramp and going afk will net you a decent distance before you crash. there are only two problems: your character will go a different way every single time meaning that you won't always crash. and I left it on overnight to no avail, with no stats screen it's impossible to tell if the number is actually going up

You can rubber band the x/square button and it gives him enough speed to crash every time he hits the wall.

the best place for the 1k bails is on the Big Ramp, at the start if you go forward down the little ramp and place a spawn point as you go down in the middle of the ramp, your dude will keep bailing as soon as you spawn. leave for a half hour and you'll come back to a trophy

13 minutes ago, BCarsonElite said:

the best place for the 1k bails is on the Big Ramp, at the start if you go forward down the little ramp and place a spawn point as you go down in the middle of the ramp, your dude will keep bailing as soon as you spawn. leave for a half hour and you'll come back to a trophy

Yeah, I did that this morning just on a whim. Lol

also rubber banded my right stick down a bit for the 1hr Manny while I took a small nap.

Currently using this method for Around The World. Been at it a few hours now. Sorry for the phone recording, didn’t wanna waste the extra time to trim and upload from the PS4.

Around The World AFK Method

• Like 1

uhhhh guys, I was just reading the UK Skater XL forums and instead of 40.075km this may actually be 40,075km which is the circumference of the Earth which would make the trophy title make sense. According to their math, it would take 160,000 runs on the Big Ramp to get this. Additionally, it seems as though stats reset when you close the app, which means you gotta start from scratch and leave your console on for... 

160,000 Runs at 10 Seconds Per = 1,600,000 Seconds Total

Divided by 60 is 26,000 minutes

Divided by 60 is 444 hours of afk playtime while moving down the ramp

Considering how multiple people here (including me) have gone afk while going downhill to crash for hours, 40km is something that some of us have already achieved and nobody has the trophy. 40,000km appears to actually be what the trophy asks for...

2 minutes ago, BCarsonElite said:

uhhhh guys, I was just reading the UK Skater XL forums and instead of 40.075km this may actually be 40,075km which is the circumference of the Earth which would make the trophy title make sense. According to their math, it would take 160,000 runs on the Big Ramp to get this. Additionally, it seems as though stats reset when you close the app, which means you gotta start from scratch and leave your console on for... 

160,000 Runs at 10 Seconds Per = 1,600,000 Seconds Total

Divided by 60 is 26,000 minutes

Divided by 60 is 444 hours of afk playtime while moving down the ramp

Considering how multiple people here (including me) have gone afk while going downhill to crash for hours, 40km is something that some of us have already achieved and nobody has the trophy. 40,000km appears to actually be what the trophy asks for...

Yeah, that’s what was talked about in the NA forums too but apparently the thread for the Trophy Thoughts got deleted. It’s unfortunately 40K km, apparently some countries use decimals instead of commas. Otherwise I (hell a lot of us even) would’ve had the platinum this morning. Lol

5 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Yeah, that’s what was talked about in the NA forums too but apparently the thread for the Trophy Thoughts got deleted. It’s unfortunately 40K km, apparently some countries use decimals instead of commas. Otherwise I (hell a lot of us even) would’ve had the platinum this morning. Lol

this is nuts man, even in Skate 2/3 I don't think I've gotten half of that combined, and I played the shit out of those games for years. 

The Just Cause 3 map is 45km corner to corner and that is considered way too big of a map, and there wasn't a trophy for running across it 889 times...

Easy Day Studios is located in California so I don't think they'd intentionally use periods in the place of commas in 40.075 but seeing as how we haven't unlocked the trophy yet after grinding it seems as though 40k might actually be what they mean

8 minutes ago, BCarsonElite said:

this is nuts man, even in Skate 2/3 I don't think I've gotten half of that combined, and I played the shit out of those games for years. 

The Just Cause 3 map is 45km corner to corner and that is considered way too big of a map, and there wasn't a trophy for running across it 889 times...

Oh I definitely had that much in Skate, especially 2. Lmao but those games also had a shit ton of stuff to do..

I can appreciate all the challenges this one has, because it’s something the Early Access didn’t have at launch, but it isn’t much at all.. I tweeted the devs for more possible info, whether they reply though, we’ll see.

alright I'm not sure if this is going to work but if you spawn into Downtown LA and use triangle to fly around, you can fly into the big black building and place a spawn point there. You'll spawn in and be invisible and won't have any indication that you're on a skateboard aside from the sound you make when moving. If you hold X, you'll be able to go forward a little bit before falling. You'll fall through the bottom of the map and continue to go for another 4-5 seconds before the game respawns you back up top. If you set the spawn point right on the edge of the invisible floor, you'll spawn in and drop down while still on your board. For all intents and purposes, consider this an infinite falling glitch but without terminal velocity. By my assumption, this would be at least twice as fast as any ramp method.

I ollied off the structure and before respawning, the top-left of the screen said "ollie" which means you *do* complete the drop before respawning. So, this should count as traveling. Furthermore, I kickflipped off the edge of the invisible structure and held the thumbstick in the kickflip location for a few seconds, expecting to get a quad kickflip or something, and never stopped falling until I pushed some buttons and "indy" popped up, followed by some crazy kickflip name ("deca"-something). I fell for about 30 minutes before pushing buttons just to make sure the game wasn't frozen, and then I did it again. I'm still falling now and, by my calculations based on terminal velocity, should have this trophy in 200 hours instead of 440

Edited by BCarsonElite
trial updates

1 hour ago, BCarsonElite said:

alright I'm not sure if this is going to work but if you spawn into Downtown LA and use triangle to fly around, you can fly into the big black building and place a spawn point there. You'll spawn in and be invisible and won't have any indication that you're on a skateboard aside from the sound you make when moving. If you hold X, you'll be able to go forward a little bit before falling. You'll fall through the bottom of the map and continue to go for another 4-5 seconds before the game respawns you back up top. If you set the spawn point right on the edge of the invisible floor, you'll spawn in and drop down while still on your board. For all intents and purposes, consider this an infinite falling glitch but without terminal velocity. By my assumption, this would be at least twice as fast as any ramp method.

I ollied off the structure and before respawning, the top-left of the screen said "ollie" which means you *do* complete the drop before respawning. So, this should count as traveling. Furthermore, I kickflipped off the edge of the invisible structure and held the thumbstick in the kickflip location for a few seconds, expecting to get a quad kickflip or something, and never stopped falling until I pushed some buttons and "indy" popped up, followed by some crazy kickflip name ("deca"-something). I fell for about 30 minutes before pushing buttons just to make sure the game wasn't frozen, and then I did it again. I'm still falling now and, by my calculations based on terminal velocity, should have this trophy in 200 hours instead of 440

Very interesting, mind doing a quick video on it?

• Like 1

They straight out ruined the trophy list, they could have had the challenges as trophies, but nah lets stick a 10,000+ hr grind that nobody gonna do legit and make it a stupid sub 1% for shits and giggles. Out of the trophy hunter demographic they would have lost a lot of sales.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, amebapiko said:

They straight out ruined the trophy list, they could have had the challenges as trophies, but nah lets stick a 10,000+ hr grind that nobody gonna do legit and make it a stupid sub 1% for shits and giggles. Out of the trophy hunter demographic they would have lost a lot of sales.

Doing the challenges would've actually been a fun trophy to go for but nah, let's put in a 1,000 hour afk grind trophy instead.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BCarsonElite said:

I'd be worried about vertical distance not counting as distance for the trophy. For example, doing a stationary ollie (maybe a foot off the ground each time?) a million times most likely wouldn't count. It would be quicker if it works but it sounds like a 200 hour gamble in my opinion.

57 minutes ago, irishmonkey77 said:

I'd be worried about vertical distance not counting as distance for the trophy. For example, doing a stationary ollie (maybe a foot off the ground each time?) a million times most likely wouldn't count. It would be quicker if it works but it sounds like a 200 hour gamble in my opinion.

Exactly this, vertical distance has never counted in distance related stuff.

I stumbled on this thread last night when I had my spawn location going downhill on "Big Ramp". Saw that we're all on the same boat with this horrible trophy. I've tweeted the devs hoping for a response with no success. Anyone learn anything new yet?

i just posted my method to TrueAchievements and asked the Xbox folks to give it a shot and see if their completion percentage for the achievement goes up overnight at the expected rate. Will let you guys know what I find out from them. if it works, then we'll save a buttload of time

• Like 2

Haven't had the chance to pick the game up yet, but if I end up playing it as much as I did with the Skate series then most of the trophies will just come naturally.

This game's trophies will be an after thought for me since I used to skate for most of my life and these games are as close to the real thing as my old broken ass can get.

• Like 3