What's The Deal With This Game?

MrTacoNinja

I'm midway through Chapter 3 and my character is level 43. I've done all side quests thus far. I've scoured every inch of every map and slaughtered every enemy I've come across. You'd think by now I'd have more to show for it as far as gems and decent loot is concerned. I've managed to get, what... maybe only a handful of gems so far? But what's really driving me crazy is the fact that it's been NON-FREAK'N-STOP with loot drops, quest rewards and vendor items being way too high of a character and/or attribute level to equip. Oooooor it's for a character class I'm not even using. UGH! What the fuck with this???!

I love loot! It's what motivates me to search every nook and cranny and kill every enemy I come across. But I'm going to stop wasting my time if this is how it's always going to be because it's really annoying the living hell out of me! STOP giving me shit I can't even equip! Torchlight II has been a decent enough game so far but this shit here is seriously ruining it for me. Please tell me that what I'm bitching about starts to get better? Eventually?

52 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Please tell me that what I'm bitching about starts to get better? Eventually?

Yeah, eventually RNG will give you something good. I noticed I was getting loads of gear for classes I haven't played, so I assume it's an attempt by the developer to get you to use the shared item box and make at least one of each class.

Most of the gear I used wasn't even that rare. I just used pieces that had stat bonuses relevant to my build.

Nothing yet. Still the same old song and dance with this garbage loot or shit I can't even equip. Almost done with chapter 3. I've also read on other sites how they all had gems up the ass and this kind of puzzled me because I barely ever come across any and trust me I'm extremely thorough. 

• 1 year later...

Finding the formula and game a whole lot of fun, but a little disappointed that there's no Full Respec feature. Being pigeonholed into a single build the entire game with no way to change it is a major bummer. 90% of my fun is derived from experimenting with different builds to see which suits me better. Not being able to re-allocate all your points at once is just a shame in this day and age.

[EDIT: Turns out I was quite wrong. You CAN respec your Skill Points, just not your Stats. You can craft a Respec Potion in Act 2 and beyond, it takes 1 Unique Gem + 1 Unique Armor/Weapon + 1 Rejuv Potion. Google Search might tell you otherwise, but you can definitely Respec!]

Edited by tranquility101