Question about rankings

Samakin_Pie

6 hours ago, Samakin_Pie said:

Will the P ranking cound towards the A rankings trophy? or do you need to get a P and An A on the run and gun levels? Also, are you able to earn a P on easy difficulty? and does an A- count towards the A trophy?

Im pretty sure its A- and not pure A for the trophy. As when i got A- on my final boss in first island the trophy unlocked.

• Like 2

You only need A- in boss battles.

I just did one R&S level and A- was the lowest score on bosses and the trophy popped.

The only other score needed is a P for the Pacifist trophy on R&S levels.

S- is only required for one trophy and it must be done on Expert Mode. 

As Maximum ranking available is determined by difficulty (you can't get more than B+ in Simple and A+ in Regular), I have different question.

Is it better to go for A- rank in expert or regular mode?

Expert mode is certainly harder to beat, but you don't have to perform as well as in Regular mode for A-.

Edit: I started Expert and beaten certain boss with only 2 mistakes (1/3 parry, everything else perfect) and still got A-, the same rating I would got on Regular. For those curious, it's no use to try for A- on Expert as this difficulty doesn't allow you to make more mistakes.

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex
Tested and answered my own question
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

As Maximum ranking available is determined by difficulty (you can't get more than B+ in Simple and A+ in Regular), I have different question.

Is it better to go for A- rank in expert or regular mode?

Expert mode is certainly harder to beat, but you don't have to perform as well as in Regular mode for A-.

Earning A-ranks generally feels much easier in regular mode so I would always recommend grinding them out there. 

Most of the time, expert mode is difficult to survive at all, let alone earn an A-rank. The time requirements feel stricter (thanks to increased boss health), the attack patterns are merciless, and it can often be much harder to parry projectiles in the increased chaos of expert. This is often the perfect recipe for poor rankings. The only requirement that may be slightly easier is using 6 units of super meter since you will often earn more super meter in expert than you would in regular given the increased health of expert bosses.

However, if you have difficulty earning an A-rank on a boss, it may definitely help to move on and revisit the boss later once you unlock expert. If you can beat that boss at all on expert, earning an A- or above on regular should feel tame in comparison since you will have mastered that boss to some degree.

EDIT: Oops, I typed this out before seeing your edit. ?

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

Earning A-ranks generally feels much easier in regular mode so I would always recommend grinding them out there. 

Most of the time, expert mode is difficult to survive at all, let alone earn an A-rank. The time requirements feel stricter (thanks to increased boss health), the attack patterns are merciless, and it can often be much harder to parry projectiles in the increased chaos of expert. This is often the perfect recipe for poor rankings. The only requirement that may be slightly easier is using 6 units of super meter since you will often earn more super meter in expert than you would in regular given the increased health of expert bosses.

However, if you have difficulty earning an A-rank on a boss, it may definitely help to move on and revisit the boss later once you unlock expert. If you can beat that boss at all on expert, earning an A- or above on regular should feel tame in comparison since you will have mastered that boss to some degree.

EDIT: Oops, I typed this out before seeing your edit. 1f602.png

Never mind, thanks for replying. I was just misleaded by Simple and Regular rating rules (if you perform like B on Simple, you'll get A on Regular), but again, it's not the case on Expert. From my observation:

0 mistakes (not counting losing health if you start with any Heart charm): S on Expert, A+ on Regular, B+ on Simple

1 mistake: A on Expert and Regular, B on Simple

2 mistakes: A- on Expert and Regular, B- on Simple

and so on. So 2 mistakes are sufficient to get an A- and requirement for a trophy.

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex
  • Like 1

I completed the game on Normal. Got A rank for The Devil. I replayed The Devil on Expert, got A-. Is there a way in-game to know which bosses I already defeated on Expert mode without having to remember them? Since my highest score is still the one from Normal, so I can't really tell.

Edited by BloodyRutz

5 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

I completed the game on Normal. Got A rank for Devil. I replayed Devil on Expert, got A-. Is there a way in-game to know which bosses I already defeated on Expert mode without having to remember them? Since my highest score is still the one from Normal, so I can't really tell.

Yes, if you open the list with your scores, you'll see either a start or a check mark on the left of the boss' name. A star indicates that you've beaten this boss in expert mode, and it's unrelated to your high score.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Clafoutee said:

Yes, if you open the list with your scores, you'll see either a start or a check mark on the left of the boss' name. A star indicates that you've beaten this boss in expert mode, and it's unrelated to your high score.

Ah, okay. I didn't know since I only played The Devil on Expert and it seems the final two bosses I just need to remember since there are no check marks. But that's ok of course. Thanks.

FIFT3Bx.jpg

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TalalHmd said:

anyway, these are pretty good score, BloodyRutz 

Thanks! I've played both of them for quite some time before I was able to finish them off. So at that point I was pretty much used to all the possible mechanics.

Edited by BloodyRutz