Witcher 3 fans, what your other favorite games?

ARH65512

I ask because this is easily my 1st or 2nd favorite game. My #1 is The Last of Us (not the disappointing sequel), while my #2 is this. But sometimes I switch it. Here are my 3 other favorites that make my top 5...

GTA San Andreas
God of War 4
Ocarina of Time

If you limit me to only ps4, I would say that it is probably AC Odyssey in terms of sidequests(they got inspired from the Witcher alot) or Dark Souls overall. 

But if we go overall, I would say Gothic series comes closest to Witcher 3 feeling. Compelling world, likeable main hero and supporting cast and funny sidequests. Main downside is that its an ancient pc game

• Like 1

Hard question because I enjoyed every second of playing The Witcher 3 and each time I finished it I didn’t feel the exact same joy with anything else and didn’t know what to play cause The Witcher 3 is just that good to even move on from. ?

I guess Skate 3, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood and Dark Souls 3 are my favourite games, its hard to choose cause I like so many and have played so many.

• 3 weeks later...

I mention only Ps3 and 4 games because it would be too long list if i add Nes, N64, Ps1 and Ps2 games :)

Witcher 3 is my all time favourite game.

#2 Fallout New Vegas

#3 Fallout 3

#4 Red Dead Redemption 2

#5 I cannot really decide, but here's some of my favourites:

Far Cry 3, Dead Space 1&2, Alien Isolation, Mafia 2, Gta V, L.A Noire, some older Cod's like WaW, Bo1, Bo2, Mw2...BF Bad Company 1&2, Ps4 Wolfenstein series, Metro series...

Edited by TuomasH92

Hard to put an order but Pokemon HGSS, TW3, DMC4/5, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, Zelda BOTW, Minecraft, Bloodborne, GTA SA, RDR2 to name a few. Its hard though as there's so many games I can put on the list. Pokemon HGSS is top for me, anything after isnt in an order.

Playtime wise I play Minecraft all the time still on PS4 and heavily modded on PC so thats 100% my most played game second is any of the pkmn games. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 4:22 AM, ARH65512 said:

I ask because this is easily my 1st or 2nd favorite game. My #1 is The Last of Us (not the disappointing sequel), while my #2 is this. But sometimes I switch it. Here are my 3 other favorites that make my top 5...

GTA San Andreas
God of War 4
Ocarina of Time

Got 2 Witcher 3 plats but my favorite of all time is MY NAME IS MAYO

For me The Witcher 1 was the greatest experience in the series. They managed to create a true witcher experience, while I love many things about TW3, some core mechanics made me deeply dissapointed from the start. Starting by making alchemy an instant consumable thing, that you can use anytime during combat, which will impact how you experience being a witcher for the whole game.

In The Witcher 1, sadly not on normal since the game difficulty didn't force you to use it, so to get the greatest experience you should play TW1 in the hardest setting. Here you'll be forced to learn all the potions and make good use of them, you can only create and consume them on fireplaces, and they lasted around 10 to 15 minutes. Basically the game truly makes you read your next target enemy entry, and before entering its lair or area meditate which ones will be your best potions to complete the hunt. Another thing that dissapointed me very deeply since the first second is when Geralt automatically unsheathed it's weapon... This is really a terrible decision that again, and in addition to the previous, completely kills the unique Witcher experience, and makes the game just any other, generic open world RPG without any uniqueness. Not only that, but being a Witcher should be pretty important in The Witcher series, right? You need to chose if you're using a silver or steel sword because that's your work and you need to know your enemies -I know they fixed this with a patch, as I've played the game plently and noticed at sometime they added it as an option, yet too late and should be by default- in fact, in The Witcher 1 there's a huge narrative resoruce in the ending sequence, that if the game didn't make you chose by yourself everytime, getting the meaning of it burned deeply, that sequence would've lose all it's narrative impact and meaning. Sometimes the smallest details can bring the greatest, more dramatically changes as a whole experience.

I also enjoyed more the narrative on the first one, it has pretty crazy and mind blowing twists, has the different routes you can take and builds up quite amazingly the arrival of The Wild Hunt. Been a while since TW3 released, was one of my most anticipated games of all time, and beat the first two again of many before the release day, I enjoy the game as an RPG, you can't negate it's quality, but I can't enjoy it as a Witcher game or experience because these decisions to make it more casual and sell more I guess.

Edit: Gwent is amazing! I think like 40% of the around 300 hours of playtime had been obliterating NPCs on Gwent, haha.

Edited by YonahFuriae

• 2 weeks later...

All time favorites, the games that come to mind first when thinking about everything I've ever played. So I have to say Time Splitters: Future Perfect, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, GTA Vice City, Mass Effect 2, Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time (was a huge favorite as a child), Trials Rising, Marvel's Spider-man and of course Witcher 3, in no particular order.