Trophy Thoughts?

They had to fill in 55 trophies by giving a lot of bronze afterall right? :P

Seriously, I’m excited about this game. I’ve been intrigued since it was initially exclusive to Xbox One along with Cuphead. Now that it comes on PS4, I want it! Looks like a cute enjoyable platforming.

I hope we get to do absolutely everything in the game.

• Like 1

So glad "I'm a Completionist" isn't on there. That was for 99,999 coins in Super Lucky's Tale, and that literally just doubled the time from the original game. You'd get 100% prior to that and just have to mind numbingly go through farming coins for no reason. Such b/s filler. And you'd be able to buy all the costumes way before getting 99,999 coins too so there wasn't anything to spend the remainder on. There was also one for 30,000 coins... 58 achievements on Steam for Super.

Given the reason they got rid of the adorable all-fours running was for better controls, it shouldn't be too hard. I got all the Steam Achievements for Super Lucky's Tale and the main issue was some of the controls, made getting Lady Meowmalade without being hit more of a chore than it should have been. I know they've changed up some levels too, assuming they aren't much harder than Super it would be easier.

The hardest things were Lady Meowmalade without being hit [due to camera and controls], and "Never get caught in a single run through of Under Pressure." (had a different title in Super) But with the better controls may be easier now.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

Glad you brought that up Elvick, because those were the only two that seemed to be reliant on actual skill.

But I'm just amazed this once exclusive One game is coming to the PS4, which means I have a chance to play it now. I'm starting to think we may in fact see a Sunset Overdrive.

Played it on Switch. Think you’ll enjoy it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

They had to fill in 55 trophies by giving a lot of bronze afterall right? :P

Seriously, I’m excited about this game. I’ve been intrigued since it was initially exclusive to Xbox One along with Cuphead. Now that it comes on PS4, I want it! Looks like a cute enjoyable platforming.

I hope we get to do absolutely everything in the game.

Does look interesting, and i do like platformers. With two Xbox games coming to PS4, it gives me some hope that we will finally have Sunset Overdrive. Please, oh pleaseee :( 

2 hours ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

I'm starting to think we may in fact see a Sunset Overdrive.

I really, really hope so, especially since Sony owns Insomniac now. There's no reason for the PS4/PS5 to not get a Sunset release. We deserve the game too :( 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Does look interesting, and i do like platformers. With two Xbox games coming to PS4, it gives me some hope that we will finally have Sunset Overdrive. Please, oh pleaseee :( 

I really, really hope so, especially since Sony owns Insomniac now. There's no reason for the PS4/PS5 to not get a Sunset release. We deserve the game too :( 

Unless they can release an enhanced version of Sunset Overdrive and improve it from critiques. We'll see after they release Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

• Like 1

Looks like a great collectathon, I played a bit of the demo on the switch and it's not revolutionary, but it's pretty cute and fun overall. 

The only thing that I do not enjoy is the platinum, so dark comparing to the other trophies... doens't make sense to me :|

7 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

@Elvick_ So you’re saying that I’ll complete 100% the game by the time I get the platinum? I always love when games push you to do literally everything the game has to offer (except when there’s an online multiplayer mode).

Yep, you do 100% + the extra/skill stuff [not dying during a boss, wear a certain hat during a level, etc].

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

So glad "I'm a Completionist" isn't on there. That was for 99,999 coins in Super Lucky's Tale, and that literally just doubled the time from the original game. You'd get 100% prior to that and just have to mind numbingly go through farming coins for no reason. Such b/s filler. And you'd be able to buy all the costumes way before getting 99,999 coins too so there wasn't anything to spend the remainder on. There was also one for 30,000 coins... 58 achievements on Steam for Super.

Given the reason they got rid of the adorable all-fours running was for better controls, it shouldn't be too hard. I got all the Steam Achievements for Super Lucky's Tale and the main issue was some of the controls, made getting Lady Meowmalade without being hit more of a chore than it should have been. I know they've changed up some levels too, assuming they aren't much harder than Super it would be easier.

The hardest things were Lady Meowmalade without being hit [due to camera and controls], and "Never get caught in a single run through of Under Pressure." (had a different title in Super) But with the better controls may be easier now.

99,999 coins sounds insane ...yeah glad thats gone .

Rest of the list looks pretty good though. As always a fan of games making you fully 100% the game and it looks like a fun, charming platformer

18 hours ago, DuckSwimmer said:

Forget trophy thoughts. I'm so stoked these previous Xbox (and switch) exclusive titles are coming to PS4. First Cuphead and now this? Hell yes.

Yeah console exclusivity is becoming less and less of a thing ... its great imo. Peace instead of console wars

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 10:57 PM, DuckSwimmer said:

Forget trophy thoughts. I'm so stoked these previous Xbox (and switch) exclusive titles are coming to PS4. First Cuphead and now this? Hell yes.

This recent trend is pretty unexpected, in a good way. Does this mean the XBox is going the way of the dodo? I wonder if we'll see Fable on PS4/5 in the next few years...

• 1 month later...