Another topic about BB run

walafc0

Hi all,

I'll try to get the platinum for MGS 4 and I've one simple question about the Big Boss run: is it really hard to do it under 5 hour ? I'm not worried about the hard difficulty, boss battle, no alert/kills, grind trophies and so on, just by the timing. I read the forum and only three people mentioned that it's doable in ~3 hours. Have they mastered the game or is it a realistic timing when you know the game after 5/6 playthrough for all other trophies ?

Thank you.

Edited by waIafc0

Spoiler

QiDN0ZD.jpg

The timing is really generous. I did it on my 4th playthrough under 3 hours and there were multiple parts that I could have finished faster and I wouldn't say I was any way close to mastering the game. A tip for making the time lower is during Chapter 3 (the one were you have to follow a guy for most of the chapter), follow the guy until he moves to another area but don't follow him to the other area. Save the game and then reload it. You'll be back to the start of the area but the game will save the guy already in the other area with your current time being the time when you first started the area (the time you spent following the guy isn't counted this way). Just rush to the new area the guy went and with this method, you save the time spent following the guy on the timer.

1 hour ago, waIafc0 said:

Thank you guys for your answers, looks like a 8/10 difficulty may be overrated. After all, it can't be as boring as all VR mission in MGS 2, right ;-) ?

VR Missions in MGS2 I found a lot harder mainly due to how some of the controls haven't aged well (controlling the sniper is a nightmare compared to the rest for example). I'd argue MGS4 is only considered hard due to how much of a grind it takes (looking at you Chicken Emblem).

MGS4 can seem hard if you go blind but if it's a lot easier than it seems especially if you farm weapon ammo on easier difficulties before doing BBE (if you farm chaff grenades for example you can basically skip almost all of the enemy encounters in Chapter 4). When it comes to bosses the octopus boss is the one I found hard mainly because I didn't find a method or glitch that makes it easy compared to others since all of the others have methods/glitches that you can basically finish them in a matter of seconds. The AI is also scripted to the point if you're having trouble you can just follow a gameplay video of someone playing through it and the enemies will be 99% of the time in the same positions.

2 hours ago, waIafc0 said:

Thank you guys for your answers, looks like a 8/10 difficulty may be overrated. After all, it can't be as boring as all VR mission in MGS 2, right ;-) ?

Try chap 3 bike chase before and come say it is overrated. Seriously this part kicked my ass xD
But like others say time limit is very generous, it is more a question of not being killed (Bosses and bike chase) or being spotted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

VR Missions in MGS2 I found a lot harder mainly due to how some of the controls haven't aged well (controlling the sniper is a nightmare compared to the rest for example).

Oh gosh, I've forgotten sniping missions and the FPS view. That was so awful.

1 hour ago, bc-games said:

Try chap 3 bike chase before and come say it is overrated. Seriously this part kicked my ass

You're right, I should not be so confident. Maybe this thread will be updated in few months.. ?

As you mentioned, once you have already played the game 6 or 7 times, you'll know exactly where to go and what to do. By heart. Especially if you just keep on playing one after the other.

As long as you can fulfill the other criteria (which you seem confident about), time shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Gray-Fox-44