New to the franchise?

turniplord

If you are, don't worry - the game does an okay job of keeping you up-to-speed with things. However, it does begin at the end of an arc, so the opening events are a little confusing if you've not seen the show.

I've personally not seen an episode in my life, but I loved the game. However, there are a few questionable choices by the developers and publisher - especially in regards to how they use the source material (the anime).

Anyway, I've just published my review here: https://www.gamepitt.co.uk/fairy-tail-ps4-review/ - it's a long one, at just under 5k words, but it covers all the various mechanics, the gameplay, the DLC that's out and coming soon, and the overall experience of this 50-60 hour platinum game (about 35 hours to complete the main story if you don't skip the events). 

Those who like the Atelier series will enjoy this game (same devs), it's refreshing playing a Koei Tecmo anime game which isn't Musou-based :)

• Like 3

On 7/30/2020 at 7:04 AM, turniplord said:

If you are, don't worry - the game does an okay job of keeping you up-to-speed with things. However, it does begin at the end of an arc, so the opening events are a little confusing if you've not seen the show.

I've personally not seen an episode in my life, but I loved the game. However, there are a few questionable choices by the developers and publisher - especially in regards to how they use the source material (the anime).

Anyway, I've just published my review here: https://www.gamepitt.co.uk/fairy-tail-ps4-review/ - it's a long one, at just under 5k words, but it covers all the various mechanics, the gameplay, the DLC that's out and coming soon, and the overall experience of this 50-60 hour platinum game (about 35 hours to complete the main story if you don't skip the events). 

Those who like the Atelier series will enjoy this game (same devs), it's refreshing playing a Koei Tecmo anime game which isn't Musou-based :)

Thanks for the review. How many episodes of the Anime have you seen?

5 hours ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

Thanks for the review. How many episodes of the Anime have you seen?

Hi, I've actually not watched any of it, but after playing the game, I want to!

The main thing which confused me at first is that the game throws you in at the end of a major story arc, without any explanation on why you're there or the events prior to that moment. However, once that bits over (serving as a tutorial), then it starts the next major story - rebuilding your guild. That's when I really started to get into it as prior events weren't too important and the things that you need to know were then fed to you through the storybook narration parts. 

I'm interested in how the show differs to the game though, as there are unique events and moments in this which aren't in the show, so I'm going to try and watch as much as I can once I have some free time :)

2 hours ago, turniplord said:

Hi, I've actually not watched any of it, but after playing the game, I want to!

The main thing which confused me at first is that the game throws you in at the end of a major story arc, without any explanation on why you're there or the events prior to that moment. However, once that bits over (serving as a tutorial), then it starts the next major story - rebuilding your guild. That's when I really started to get into it as prior events weren't too important and the things that you need to know were then fed to you through the storybook narration parts. 

I'm interested in how the show differs to the game though, as there are unique events and moments in this which aren't in the show, so I'm going to try and watch as much as I can once I have some free time :)

I hope you enjoy the Anime. I really did. I'm only on Chapter 4 in the game so far, but so far the character side quests are brand new to the game