Cosmic Completionist

Sorry I have another question ?

One of the last trophies I need for the platinum is Cosmic Completionist (discover all named locations). I got Beam Me Up back in 2016, and then I got From The Land Up Over and Eridian Explorer yesterday (with the same character). I went through all the places on the map that the trophy was said to include and it’s still not popped. I’ve even been through Pity’s Fall twice just in case I missed something and been to the weird place in Tychos Ribs that most people miss. 

Will I need to run through the game again? Or is there somewhere else that I might have missed? ?

16 minutes ago, hittheroadbucky said:

Will I need to go through the locations tied to the other three trophies? 1f914.png

Yes, because one of them could have glitched and not fully registered. There's a location on the Drakensberg that's really glitchy and only seems to register if you walk to a specific spot.

1 hour ago, hittheroadbucky said:

Was that engineering? 1f914.png I went up there twice last night to make sure it was discovered and it came up with the name so I just assumed I’d already been there 

I haven't played TPS for a while so my memory is a little rusty but it's either there or the Bridge ?.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 9 months later...

Does anybody know if Cosmic Completionist is accumulative over multiple playthroughs?

I was unable to get the Beam Me Up trophy in Normal mode. It seems that playing in co-op during the part where you go to the missable Eye of Helios area fucked up the trophy.

I’m wondering if it would be possible to go into TVHM, run through the story again solo to pop Beam Me Up trophy, and whether this would also pop Cosmic Completionist? Or do I literally have to go through the entire list of locations all over again?

2 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Does anybody know if Cosmic Completionist is accumulative over multiple playthroughs?

I was unable to get the Beam Me Up trophy in Normal mode. It seems that playing in co-op during the part where you go to the missable Eye of Helios area fucked up the trophy.

I’m wondering if it would be possible to go into TVHM, run through the story again solo to pop Beam Me Up trophy, and whether this would also pop Cosmic Completionist? Or do I literally have to go through the entire list of locations all over again?

Technically it is but if one of the sub-trophies bugs out, the odds are low it will pop in any subsequent playthroughs when using the character it glitched on so you're better off just cutting your losses and starting a new character from scratch. Co-op is infamous for breaking various trophies in every Borderlands game released to date so you're better off playing solo unless you hit a brick wall and need urgent help.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

21 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Technically it is but if one of the sub-trophies bugs out, the odds are low it will pop in any subsequent playthroughs when using the character it glitched on so you're better off just cutting your losses and starting a new character from scratch. Co-op is infamous for breaking various trophies in every Borderlands game released to date so you're better off playing solo unless you hit a brick wall and need urgent help.

Damn, this sucks big time. ?

I am still holding out hope for now, because the area that I’m certain glitched out on me is a one-time-access only room where the Eye of Helios is. It’s not on the regular map, and so I’m hoping when I go there again I might be able to get those locations ticked off. I still need to reach level 50 anyways, so playing up to that point on TVHM won’t be a total waste of time.

If I did have to start a new character from scratch, I’m hoping that I would be able to pop Cosmic Completionist immediately after popping Beam Me Up. This option would still suck, but not be nearly as bad as having to finish the entire game on a brand new character & to rediscover every single named location. In this scenario I would only have to worry about the Helios Space Station locations.

On 17/05/2021 at 9:17 PM, dieselmanchild said:

If I did have to start a new character from scratch, I’m hoping that I would be able to pop Cosmic Completionist immediately after popping Beam Me Up. This option would still suck, but not be nearly as bad as having to finish the entire game on a brand new character & to rediscover every single named location. In this scenario I would only have to worry about the Helios Space Station locations.

Not gonna happen. All locations have to be discovered with 1 character so starting a new one, also means redoing this trophy entirely from scratch because nothing except Badass Ranks and Golden Keys transfer between characters.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

12 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Not gonna happen. All locations have to be discovered with 1 character so starting a new one, also means redoing this trophy entirely from scratch because nothing except Badass Ranks transfers between characters.

Dangit! I figured, but wasn’t sure how the trophy is tracked so I was holding out hope that after popping Beam Me Up the game would recognize I have all 3 location trophies on my profile, and this would trigger Cosmic Completionist.

Thanks for your help!

Update:

For anybody in a similar situation in the future, I can confirm your progress carries over to TVHM! I played up until the Zarpedon fight, being careful to stay solo at all times, and as soon as I killed her and entered the Hyperion Contingency Armory or whatever it is called, the location was discovered and both Beam Me Up & Cosmic Completionist popped instantly.

So be aware - playing the Eye of Helios/Zarpedon section of the game in co-op risks bugging out your location trophies if your partner runs ahead of you into the missable areas post-Zarpedon fight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Update:

For anybody in a similar situation in the future, I can confirm your progress carries over to TVHM! I played up until the Zarpedon fight, being careful to stay solo at all times, and as soon as I killed her and entered the Hyperion Contingency Armory or whatever it is called, the location was discovered and both Beam Me Up & Cosmic Completionist popped instantly.

So be aware - playing the Eye of Helios/Zarpedon section of the game in co-op risks bugging out your location trophies if your partner runs ahead of you into the missable areas post-Zarpedon fight. 

Cool, it's nice to be proved wrong about this one :).

12 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Cool, it's nice to be proved wrong about this one :).

I wouldn’t say that mate, everything you said was pretty much in line with everything I read when researching this. Regardless, I appreciate you responding to my question. Despite the fact this glitch has happened to quite a lot of people, there’s a surprising lack of information when it comes to solutions, and it sounds like it is a coin toss and could go either way. Some people have had to start new characters from scratch unfortunately.

Hopefully this thread can help someone else in the future who has the same problem. I posted a comment on the guide as well so the author can update the guide with a warning about potential for co-op to glitch out the locations trophies. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
21 minutes ago, Welsh_Bush said:

Hi all.

Can I complete this trophy on my first playthrough? I will be doing TVHM anyway but would like his out of the way now if I can.

You can do it on your main playthrough. It’s a little buggy if you play co-op though because of your partner discovers a location it doesn’t add to your tally 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I finished my first play through doing all side missions and had no location trophies unlocked. And I have no grey areas on any of my maps (apparently this doesn't mean much). I did a lot of coop, so I can only assume that was one of the issues. Following a guide, I have unlocked one of the location trophies so far. Hopefully TVHM going solo will help.

56 minutes ago, cobaltTangerine said:

I finished my first play through doing all side missions and had no location trophies unlocked. And I have no grey areas on any of my maps (apparently this doesn't mean much). I did a lot of coop, so I can only assume that was one of the issues. Following a guide, I have unlocked one of the location trophies so far. Hopefully TVHM going solo will help.

Playing in Co-Op is ill advised when going for the Location trophies in any of the Borderlands games, because it's well known for glitching them and various other trophies.

On 5/8/2022 at 11:01 AM, HuntingFever said:

Playing in Co-Op is ill advised when going for the Location trophies in any of the Borderlands games, because it's well known for glitching them and various other trophies.

Yeah, I played the first two games solo because of this but I heard the issues were not in the Pre Sequel. Plus I was playing as Claptrap going for his Action Skill trophy, so a few of those are necessary in co-op. I didn't have any issues with the side missions, but I had to redo a few, like the Ghostbusters mission, to get the side quests trophy. This is one of those Plats I've got about 75% completed but getting tired of the trophy jank and may just have to move on.