[suggestion] Ban Self-Advertising (Threads)

You know this site is going to implement a change one day, but unfortunately Profilers it won't be in this lifetime. Until then the more guides the better, regardless of if the game needs it or not. And more advertising too, I haven't seen 1 Xbox add on here in months.

Edit : Could you signup Cheevo guides and Achievement Hunter please

Edited by AffectatiousDonk

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 7:07 AM, ladynadiad said:

I don't think offsite guides should be deleted from here.  Just because I can find them via google, doesn't mean that the guide even works, is accurate and complete, or the best guide available.  Some games have outright inaccurate guides and google doesn't always give the best guide first or even a guide for the version you are playing.  Being able to link guides is especially helpful for non-English games where the best or only guides also aren't in English because those are harder to find via google.  But overall having a person specifically recommend a guide that worked for them is more helpful than a list of google results with no idea which guide is the best to use.

Plain and simple, posts that give information that may be helpful to people, especially in response to a specific request for help, should be permitted even if they are linking offsite content.  Stuff outside of this starts falling into being spam and should be deleted.

You do make some good points, I mean honestly though i find most people shamelessly plug bad things they did rather than good things they found helpful. If someone found a really good guide normally the only way to find that is to ask, I can't think of any examples off the top of my head of anyone actually being like i can't believe there is no guide for this but i got the plat like this. 

But honestly maybe i am just being cynical :D, but yeah definitely good responses to questions if linking off site should definitely be allowed. Mind this was in reference to self advertising what you are talking about is other people trying to be helpful. IF a suspicious person kept recommending the same crap site they could easily get banned.

Edited by Superbuu3

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

Go ahead and report them. I haven't seen anything posted directly at you yet.

Literally all posts in the one I posted for Tales of Berseria which is gone because I requested it to be gone. I'll just stick with status updates/Discord since I'm not taking another risk with this again.

Edited by SelectiveGamer