what is your trophy count vs your Ultra Rare trophy count ?.

BDKSimba

simple enough,

just list the total amount of trophies you got

and list the total amount of Ultra Rare trophies.

BDKSimbasTrophyLog-PSNProfiles2.jpg

BDKSimbasTrophyLog-PSNProfiles1.jpg

BDKSimbasTrophyLog-PSNProfiles3.jpg

what's your trophy count vs your Ultra Rare count.?

MemberButton-1-3.png

cleaning up My Photobucket so alot of the post in this thread will be edited with the most recent post as of today's

Ultra Rare standings.

Edited by BDKSimba

Awwwww.....man......I don't have any Ultra Rare trophies. I do, however, have 17 Very Rare ones.

Can I exchange say like 10 Very Rares for 1 Ultra Rare? :huh:

It was worth a try anyway. :rolleyes:

i don't have any Ultra Rare ones but i have 10 Very Rare... funny cuz i would have thought White Knight Chronicles Platinum would have been Ultra Rare because half of the trophy list is very rare, lol..

sorry fellaz.. :blush:

Edited by BDKSimba

I was confused when I saw "Ultra Rear".

2,196 vs. 9 ultra rares.

8 of 9 are WipEout HD trophies while the 9th is Trill from PAIN.

Mine is similar. I have 903 trophies, and like you I have 9 Ultra Rare trophies, 8 being from WipEout. The other one, however, was from MAG.

I have 16 Ultra Rare trophies out of 3,158 total trophies.

Looking at the ones I have, here's the breakdown:

• 6 from WipEout HD
  • 3 from Killzone 3
  • 3 from Red Dead Redemption
  • 2 from BioShock 2
  • 1 from Uncharted 2
  • 1 from GTA IV

My rarest trophy is Hacker - Hack Turrets from Killzone 3, at 3.82%.

Just an observation that i had... most ultra rare trophies are due to the number of owners vs. the number of actual completions... that only tells me that the game wasn't worth finishing...

in some cases 11,000 owners and only 170 people with that trophy...

example... i buy a lot of Japanese style RPGs because its the kind of game i like... only 900 people own Atelier Rorona and 100 of them got the platinum thats 1 out of 9 people who own the game... This makes it "Rare" even though a lot of people haven't even heard of the game before unless they stumbled across the title on accident... same with games like Hyperdimension Neptunia or Trinity Universe ect.... all great games in my opinion but not many people pick up these types of games... and 120+ hour platinums are not on the agenda of a lot of gamers... another good example is White Knight Chronicles because i know there are not many people who have the patience to platinum a 500+ hour game but i loved every minute of it... but because of the platinum vs. owner ratio it only "very rare"... but if the same amount of people who own games like God of War (over 18,000) owned White Knight it would mean that it was ULTRA RARE...

But then you have games like Farcry 2 where 12,000 people own it but only 180 people have the platinum... that just tells me that less than 2 people out of 100 owners of the game liked it enough to platinum the game... this makes it "Ultra Rare"... Now, i have heard that the Farcry games were good but i haven't actually played them to find out so i cant say anything negative about it but i will in fact try to rent it eventually...

Thus the rarity is in the eye of the beholder... I won't play a game all the way through unless i like the game... And I buy rare JRPGs that are limited in the United States... another example is Atelier Totori... only 200 people own the game because its rare to North America and 20 people have the platinum... makes it very rare but when 20 or 30 more people get the platinum it will become rare or uncommon...

last note... i own a lot of "rare" games... but they will never be "ultra rare" platinums because most of the people who buy rare Japanese role playing games will in fact platinum those games eventually... some faster than others...

Just an observation that i had... most ultra rare trophies are due to the number of owners vs. the number of actual completions... that only tells me that the game wasn't worth finishing...

in some cases 11,000 owners and only 170 people with that trophy...

example... i buy a lot of Japanese style RPGs because its the kind of game i like... only 900 people own Atelier Rorona and 100 of them got the platinum thats 1 out of 9 people who own the game... This makes it "Rare" even though a lot of people haven't even heard of the game before unless they stumbled across the title on accident... same with games like Hyperdimension Neptunia or Trinity Universe ect.... all great games in my opinion but not many people pick up these types of games... and 120+ hour platinums are not on the agenda of a lot of gamers... another good example is White Knight Chronicles because i know there are not many people who have the patience to platinum a 500+ hour game but i loved every minute of it... but because of the platinum vs. owner ratio it only "very rare"... but if the same amount of people who own games like God of War (over 18,000) owned White Knight it would mean that it was ULTRA RARE...

But then you have games like Farcry 2 where 12,000 people own it but only 180 people have the platinum... that just tells me that less than 2 people out of 100 owners of the game liked it enough to platinum the game... this makes it "Ultra Rare"... Now, i have heard that the Farcry games were good but i haven't actually played them to find out so i cant say anything negative about it but i will in fact try to rent it eventually...

Thus the rarity is in the eye of the beholder... I won't play a game all the way through unless i like the game... And I buy rare JRPGs that are limited in the United States... another example is Atelier Totori... only 200 people own the game because its rare to North America and 20 people have the platinum... makes it very rare but when 20 or 30 more people get the platinum it will become rare or uncommon...

last note... i own a lot of "rare" games... but they will never be "ultra rare" platinums because most of the people who buy rare Japanese role playing games will in fact platinum those games eventually... some faster than others...

the way that I interpret the rarity is that it is judged by the amount of people in total with the game to the amount of people that actually have the trophy.

I mean, after reading the couple paragraphs ya got up there, I'm sure that's the point your trying to make.

but still, I can't understand what Ur beef is about.?

is it the fact that none of Ur trophies are judged as Ultra rear.?

or is it the process of judging the rarity that U don't agree with.?

and if it is the process, how would U go about judging the rarity.?

the way that I interpret the rarity is that it is judged by the amount of people in total with the game to the amount of people that actually have the trophy.

I mean, after reading the couple paragraphs ya got up there, I'm sure that's the point your trying to make.

but still, I can't understand what Ur beef is about.?

is it the fact that none of Ur trophies are judged as Ultra rear.?

or is it the process of judging the rarity that U don't agree with.?

and if it is the process, how would U go about judging the rarity.?

after posting i had a feeling this would maybe get misinterpreted... i actually have no beef with the way it is calculated... I tried to preface the post with the fact that it was just an observation... It has been on my mind for a while with how the system calculates it... this is just getting my thoughts down on paper and saying that if a VIDEO GAME is rare then it wont have as many "rare" trophies but like Atelier Totori has only 200 people who own it and if 100 people got the platinum all the trophies would be Ultra common, LOL! What i should have done is posted this in a new topic about Rare games instead of trophies.

but i do in fact find it odd that some things just don't get considered when calculating rarity... but there IS no other way to calculated it... There may be an algorithm to figure out the rarity of the GAME versus the rarity of the PLATINUM but i for one haven't figure it out yet because im just a lowly NC Programmer who loves video games... not a mathematician who creates video game trophy rarity equations.

For the record... I respect that you have finished/platinum'd the games that you have... and anyone else who has a platinum that i don't... i respect the fact that everyone is different and has different tastes in games because i for one hate first person shooters unless they have aspects like Fallout or Borderlands... but more often than not i see less people playing the games that i love like the Japanese Style RPGs... when i walk into a gamestop the people who work there already know what i came for because im the only one in town that pre-orders the games that i do... I respect anyone who can play a first person shooter on a console cuz i for one am not proficient enough with the controls , LOL!!! but then again i come from the old school and i started on Atari.

after posting i had a feeling this would maybe get misinterpreted... i actually have no beef with the way it is calculated... I tried to preface the post with the fact that it was just an observation... It has been on my mind for a while with how the system calculates it... this is just getting my thoughts down on paper and saying that if a VIDEO GAME is rare then it wont have as many "rare" trophies but like Atelier Totori has only 200 people who own it and if 100 people got the platinum all the trophies would be Ultra common, LOL! What i should have done is posted this in a new topic about Rare games instead of trophies.

but i do in fact find it odd that some things just don't get considered when calculating rarity... but there IS no other way to calculated it... There may be an algorithm to figure out the rarity of the GAME versus the rarity of the PLATINUM but i for one haven't figure it out yet because im just a lowly NC Programmer who loves video games... not a mathematician who creates video game trophy rarity equations.

For the record... I respect that you have finished/platinum'd the games that you have... and anyone else who has a platinum that i don't... i respect the fact that everyone is different and has different tastes in games because i for one hate first person shooters unless they have aspects like Fallout or Borderlands... but more often than not i see less people playing the games that i love like the Japanese Style RPGs... when i walk into a gamestop the people who work there already know what i came for because im the only one in town that pre-orders the games that i do... I respect anyone who can play a first person shooter on a console cuz i for one am not proficient enough with the controls , LOL!!! but then again i come from the old school and i started on Atari.

ok. I understand what Ur getting @.

let Me dumb it down so that I can swollow it a little better.

Ur saying that if it's a rare game then the trophies should be rare too.

so if only 200 game owners has the game and all 200 Plated it, it should still be considered Ultra rare.

compared to

a game with 5000 game owners where only 50 has Plated it should be considered common for the fact that there are 5000 owners.

and really as much sense it might look like it makes, really it makes no sense. no disrespect intended.

but Ur rite, U should start another topic on this where it can be debated into infinity I'm guessing cause this is a sword with 2 sharp edges.

kinda... im just saying that rarity is relative to how many sales and it is also relative to how many people like a certain game enough to actually platinum it... if it is ULTRA MEGA RARE that just means you did what the majority could not or would not do...

what im saying is that if 100 people own a game and 100 people platinum that game then the trophies are very common... but if 10,000 people own the game and 100 people platinum it then its ultra rare... both games have 100 people who platinum'd the game but due to sales or popularity it makes the trophies rarity increase or decrease... so to me it makes perfect sense... they don't take into consideration the rarity of the game...

but for the sake of argument im not saying that the system is flawed for all intents and purpose... but it sounds like the people who like Japanese RPGs are more loyal to their games than other genres because more people who own the game have actually platinum'd them.