Does simple mode count for A trophies?

LabyrinthWorm

Going through my expert run right now, and I’ve been able to double dip some of my A rankings in expert, but now on Isle II and proving obviously more difficult, so my general rule has been , beat it on expert, and getting A on regular will be easier, but I was wondering if simple rankings count as well ? I figure if I don’t have to play expert then try to get another high ranking immediately after, the better ! I played the game completely on regular for the first run through And most of my rankings were B’s ! 

I think it counts but honestly maybe it's easier on Regular?

Bosses on Regular have more phases which can help giving you more chances to do parries, as well as one extra skill level star which helps getting rankings. (That's why you can only get an S on Expert, because you need the 3rd Skill Level Star)

Edited by Celcelz

I always thought it wasn’t possible to get an A on simple mode, but maybe I am wrong. If you are getting through expert mode you should be able to get A rankings on normal mode though. Using the charm that gives you two additional hearts is a huge advantage, because you can potentially get hit 4 (although most bosses would be 3) times and still get at least an A-.

Edited by NashtyMouse

12 hours ago, NashtyMouse said:

I always thought it wasn’t possible to get an A on simple mode, but maybe I am wrong. If you are getting through expert mode you should be able to get A rankings on normal mode though. Using the charm that gives you two additional hearts is a huge advantage, because you can potentially get hit 4 (although most bosses would be 3) times and still get at least an A-.

Yeah, the dynamic of moves just change. Some bosses, I have gone back and got an A rank the first go around, but there are some that are still a nuisance. I've been playing on regular, just because I don't want it to not pop in the background. 

12 hours ago, Celcelz said:

I think it counts but honestly maybe it's easier on Regular?

Bosses on Regular have more phases which can help giving you more chances to do parries, as well as one extra skill level star which helps getting rankings. (That's why you can only get an S on Expert, because you need the 3rd Skill Level Star)

That depends (parry opps) - for example Baroness Von Bon Bon (one of my least favorites) - most of the beans that come out during phase I are all pink, and the mini-bosses don't have projectiles, so you can easily get it done! 

After a little more research (I did look before posting, but changed my search query terms) -

On this mode bosses have less phases, easier attacks, and have a certain pattern to follow (ex: Cagney Carnation will first use lunge attacks, then the gattling gun, followed by the "magic hands" attack, and ending with the gattling gun.). Bosses also use less projectiles at times, for example, if a boss fires 4 bullets it will fire 3 bullets instead. You will not earn any soul contracts in this mode if you defeat a boss. The boss levels in Inkwell Hell cannot be played on this mode.

Top grade: B+