What has been the hardest boss on expert for you so far?

Samakin_Pie

Wally Warbles in his initial phase where he spams those darn eggs. Rest of them didn't take me longer than 10-15 minutes long of attempts, with the sole exception of King Dice, due to it being a much longer fight since you have to go through that boss gauntlet before you can face him.

Edited by DancefloorBankin
  • Like 1

Wally Warbles and Grim Matchstick will always give me trouble on Expert no matter what, haha. The rest I don't find too bad (even the robot boss, can't remember the name). King Dice is definitely a pain as well but I like that boss so I've played it heaps.

13 hours ago, Samakin_Pie said:

Wally Warbles was a huge pain for me, I still need to do the robot, king dice and the devil.

I have been doing pretty well in expert, and then when I went to this fight, I was like.... Oh great, the eggshell pattern is a real piece of crap haha. 

1 minute ago, Varhur said:

Stick to the left side and cracking eggs shouldn't hit you

The devs are evil and on Expert they changed the pattern of the eggs so there's 2 extra projectiles which cover the left wall of the screen making this spot unusable.

Be sure to shrink around the eggs, didnt pose much as a problem, and with twin hearts it is pretty doable. Wonder how much damage is lowered with twin hearts as I dont seem to see the difference with or without them. 

Edited by Ptirle

2 minutes ago, Celcelz said:

The devs are evil and on Expert they changed the pattern of the eggs so there's 2 extra projectiles which cover the left wall of the screen making this spot unusable.

I think that moving slightly to the right should give you the space you need

1 minute ago, Varhur said:

That's what i usually do, yes.

Tbh my real problem with the fight isn't the eggs but 3rd and 4th phases, on Expert they can be really inconsistent for me sometimes.

I absolutely agree that Wally Warbles is the hardest Expert boss; even King Dice is a cake (has more health, but the hearts stacked help a lot). Those freaking eggs are brutal. The eggshells are insane. Last night I was able to finally beat it.

26 minutes ago, Varhur said:

You should be place over the lives number. This man, though in Spanish, nails it perfectly and helped me in my quest. Replaying Cuphead has slower me in other games, but I'm preparing it to have a clean jump to PS4. 

Phase 4 is rather easy, because you just need to figure out the proyectiles from the birds. Aside that, I did it. Dr. Khal is in a far second place tbh, and Cala María is waintg to be beaten. 

Edited by Xenoblast91

I actually didn't find Wally Warbles too bad. Just only move vertically in the first phase. Move to the right slightly at the start so the exploding eggs riding the edge of the screen don't hit you. The rest of the fight isn't really any different than normal, except that he has more health.

I had a lot more difficulty with most bosses the first time around than their expert counterparts so far. The notable exception to this is Hilda. The green planes, blue stars, and the final phase (not to mention the random starting position of the radial gemini bullet attack) are giving me some serious grief and I still haven't beaten her yet.

• Like 1

Going after all A+ was actually the hardest on my first run (I abandoned that on Isle III - specifically on Rumor Honeybottoms - beehive level)... as soon as I switched to the mode "I'm happy with A- now to get the plat and focus on S-ranks after" the game became more accessible for sure! But given the initial mode, Grim Matchstick was certainly a challenge.

Also, I figured that going after every boss just with the default shots and not adjusting "loud out" based on suggestions was another crucial mistake that made my life unnecessary harder :spank:

Edited by Thommasz
adding more context

Hilda Berg on expert, my xbox play through and PS4 play through. I didn't realize there  were different ufo patterns which would have made it a lot easier (wasted hours..). My plat run Cala Maria and Captain BrineyBeard on expert I had some issues. GRIM MATCHSTICK my rival lol, expert a lot easier the clouds are in reverse. Djimmi the great always a pain...

I'm done with expert, and it's hard for me to choose one hardest boss, because every boss fought in plane gave me some trouble (suprisingly, except Cala Maria which I beat on second attempt, but the fight is pretty RNG heavy so I was lucky there) - Wally Warbles, Djimmi The Great, Dr. Kahl's Robot, even Hilda Berg I found harder than some later "normal" bosses, mainly because of a bit unprecise controls and lack of homing shots which you can somewhat abuse on most "normal" bosses. From "normal" bosses, King Dice was probably the hardest due to the length and difficulty of the last phase.

Definitely enjoyed going for the trophy. I'm more surprised there's no thread about Pacifist Runs, because they're pure bulls**t and one of the most frustrating things I've recently attempted. Almost made me hate the game.

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex

To be honest I'm kinda bummed about how I'm struggling with basically every boss on Expert. I did not expect to finish them on the first try but it makes the whole A-Ranking the game on Regular pointless since it feels like I'm basically learning all of them from scratch again. I'm thinking about just giving up on the trophy since finally defeating the boss I already played multiple times after several hours hardly feels like an achievement anyway.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 2