Samakin_Pie

What has been the hardest boss on expert for you so far?

60 posts in this topic

I only have 5 bosses left on Expert, and while they are all difficult, I still have courage that I can do it. 

Except for Wally Warbles... 

JESUS F'N CHRIST... 

I lose all of my 5 hp points in a matter of seconds. What the hell!? 

Whatever advice I can get, I'll take. Anyone? 

17 hours ago, Maahniac said:

I only have 5 bosses left on Expert, and while they are all difficult, I still have courage that I can do it. 

Except for Wally Warbles... 

JESUS F'N CHRIST... 

I lose all of my 5 hp points in a matter of seconds. What the hell!? 

Whatever advice I can get, I'll take. Anyone? 

https://youtu.be/h7OfeFlskqE   I used this method just to clear the stage not to get S rank. Helped me a lot

9 hours ago, zulqarmessi said:

https://youtu.be/h7OfeFlskqE   I used this method just to clear the stage not to get S rank. Helped me a lot

Thanks man! 

Btw, I just beat King Dice on Expert, but I noticed there's no Expert Star when I check my list. The Devil doesn't have a box either. Are King Dice and The Devil not required to beat on Expert for the trophy? 

I haven't played this in months, but I think I have 3 bosses left on expert Wally Warbles, Dr. Kahl's Robot and Cala Maria. I clearly hate the flying bosses

25 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Thanks man! 

Btw, I just beat King Dice on Expert, but I noticed there's no Expert Star when I check my list. The Devil doesn't have a box either. Are King Dice and The Devil not required to beat on Expert for the trophy? 

they are required

Edited by TalalHmd

27 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Thanks man! 

Yes the checklist doesn't show stars for dice and devil. But you need to beat both of them in expert to pop the expert trophy.

I've just platted the game legit in about a week or so.  My biggest tip is to remap your controls properly.  The game is hard enough as it is, no reason to handicap yourself with the crappy default mapping.  In addition to that I also muted music, and only left special effect sounds on.  Also, I beat the whole game without using the Charge gun once.  I tried for a while, but it was just too annoying to have to worry about aiming and dodging enemies at the same time.  I can only do one thing well at a time.  Ended opting for Chaser + Spread or Roundabout almost every time. 

On my Regular playthrough I had the toughest time with the Bee boss, so I expected that to be the case on Expert.  From reading other posts I figured that the aerial maps were harder than the ground ones, so I decided to split my Expert mode in two parts.  Beat all the ground bosses first, then beat all the plane bosses.  I think of all the bosses I've spent the longest on the Devil. 

King Dice would be hardest, if it wasn't for the video I saw where the person just dashed through his wrists.  That made it infinitely easier.  The problem with King Dice is the fact that you need to consecutively parry multiple cards, and there's no way to practice it, without first spending a long time to even get to that section.  By using the dash exploit, you no longer need to worry about it.  I ended beating the Bee boss only after a couple attempts, I guess by the time I got to her I got good at the underlying mechanics.

When it came to aerial bosses, I spent the most time on the very first one (Hilda).  After that I got proficient with the air controls on expert and was able to breeze through the rest with relative ease.  I did go into each map fully prepared though, by watching all the top video guides online first.  So I knew what I needed to do, it was just a matter of executing it.  The problem with the videos is that they always try to guide you on how to get an S-Ranks, which is not optimal if you just want to beat the damn map and don't care about parries/health/time. 

Dr Kahl's Robot turned out to be extremely easy, after I saw a video where you can simply destroy his antenna before he gets to fire off a single shot.  The 2nd phase is a joke, and you just need to be on top of your game when it comes to dodging in the 3rd phase, I found that continuously moving helps a lot as it gives you an immediate visual feedback.

It looked like Wally Warbles is the most popular choice when it comes to the hardest boss, but he went down in about two dozen attempts or so.  Like with a lot of these, the key is getting the super powers to end the fight quickly. 

Here are the videos of my Expert plays in the order of difficulty

1. The Devil

1. Wally Warbles

1. Cala Maria

1. Dr Kahl's Robot

1. Rumor Honeybottoms

1. King Dice

Edited by Eternal21

The Fucking robot..... That chaos emerald attack he does at the end can just go do one. Also the dragon boss gave me some trouble as well.

Edited by afcwill97

its kind of funny how i struggled with some bosses on regular and had no problem beating them on expert but new challengers ripped my ass apart.

on regular i struggled with Baroness, Honeybottoms and f-ing Dr. Kahl.

On expert the hardest (for me) were Brineybeard (for whatever reason) Djimmi and King Dice until I learned to parry his cards combining it with the right time to attack.

I am so happy to have managed getting the plat! In the beginning I never thought I was capable of. But it's a learning process.... and patience of course.

Dr.Kahl and Rumor HoneyBottoms were hella overrated in terms of difficulty. The hardest for me are easily Wally Warbles and King dice. 3, 4, 5 they'd be Djimmy, Cala maria and the Devil. An honorable mention would be Ribby and Croaks were challenging.