What has been the hardest boss on expert for you so far?

Samakin_Pie

I only have 5 bosses left on Expert, and while they are all difficult, I still have courage that I can do it. 

Except for Wally Warbles... 

JESUS F'N CHRIST... 

I lose all of my 5 hp points in a matter of seconds. What the hell!? 

Whatever advice I can get, I'll take. Anyone? 

9 hours ago, zulqarmessi said:

https://youtu.be/h7OfeFlskqE   I used this method just to clear the stage not to get S rank. Helped me a lot

Thanks man! 

Btw, I just beat King Dice on Expert, but I noticed there's no Expert Star when I check my list. The Devil doesn't have a box either. Are King Dice and The Devil not required to beat on Expert for the trophy? 

• Like 1

I haven't played this in months, but I think I have 3 bosses left on expert Wally Warbles, Dr. Kahl's Robot and Cala Maria. I clearly hate the flying bosses

25 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Thanks man! 

Btw, I just beat King Dice on Expert, but I noticed there's no Expert Star when I check my list. The Devil doesn't have a box either. Are King Dice and The Devil not required to beat on Expert for the trophy? 

they are required

Edited by TalalHmd

27 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Thanks man! 

Yes the checklist doesn't show stars for dice and devil. But you need to beat both of them in expert to pop the expert trophy.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I've just platted the game legit in about a week or so.  My biggest tip is to remap your controls properly.  The game is hard enough as it is, no reason to handicap yourself with the crappy default mapping.  In addition to that I also muted music, and only left special effect sounds on.  Also, I beat the whole game without using the Charge gun once.  I tried for a while, but it was just too annoying to have to worry about aiming and dodging enemies at the same time.  I can only do one thing well at a time.  Ended opting for Chaser + Spread or Roundabout almost every time. 

On my Regular playthrough I had the toughest time with the Bee boss, so I expected that to be the case on Expert.  From reading other posts I figured that the aerial maps were harder than the ground ones, so I decided to split my Expert mode in two parts.  Beat all the ground bosses first, then beat all the plane bosses.  I think of all the bosses I've spent the longest on the Devil. 

King Dice would be hardest, if it wasn't for the video I saw where the person just dashed through his wrists.  That made it infinitely easier.  The problem with King Dice is the fact that you need to consecutively parry multiple cards, and there's no way to practice it, without first spending a long time to even get to that section.  By using the dash exploit, you no longer need to worry about it.  I ended beating the Bee boss only after a couple attempts, I guess by the time I got to her I got good at the underlying mechanics.

When it came to aerial bosses, I spent the most time on the very first one (Hilda).  After that I got proficient with the air controls on expert and was able to breeze through the rest with relative ease.  I did go into each map fully prepared though, by watching all the top video guides online first.  So I knew what I needed to do, it was just a matter of executing it.  The problem with the videos is that they always try to guide you on how to get an S-Ranks, which is not optimal if you just want to beat the damn map and don't care about parries/health/time. 

Dr Kahl's Robot turned out to be extremely easy, after I saw a video where you can simply destroy his antenna before he gets to fire off a single shot.  The 2nd phase is a joke, and you just need to be on top of your game when it comes to dodging in the 3rd phase, I found that continuously moving helps a lot as it gives you an immediate visual feedback.

It looked like Wally Warbles is the most popular choice when it comes to the hardest boss, but he went down in about two dozen attempts or so.  Like with a lot of these, the key is getting the super powers to end the fight quickly. 

Here are the videos of my Expert plays in the order of difficulty

1. The Devil

1. Wally Warbles

1. Cala Maria

1. Dr Kahl's Robot

1. Rumor Honeybottoms

1. King Dice

Edited by Eternal21

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

its kind of funny how i struggled with some bosses on regular and had no problem beating them on expert but new challengers ripped my ass apart.

on regular i struggled with Baroness, Honeybottoms and f-ing Dr. Kahl.

On expert the hardest (for me) were Brineybeard (for whatever reason) Djimmi and King Dice until I learned to parry his cards combining it with the right time to attack.

I am so happy to have managed getting the plat! In the beginning I never thought I was capable of. But it's a learning process.... and patience of course.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just reached the halfway point & wrapped up worlds 1 & 2 on expert, so far I'd say Hilda Berg with Wally Warbles after, the only remaining boss I'm not looking forward to now is Rumor Honeybottoms, for some reason I struggled with her on the regular run. But I was apprehensive about Wally Warbles & I bagged him, was apprehensive about Grim Matchstick, Hilda Berg, Beppi & Djimmi & bagged all of those too. Learning to not be intimidated by the expert bosses & to just put in the attempts to slowly but surely get good at the phases until you get the knockout then rinse n' repeat. Glad there's no trophy for S ranking all expert levels though...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OakfieldPark said:

Just reached the halfway point & wrapped up worlds 1 & 2 on expert, so far I'd say Hilda Berg with Wally Warbles after, the only remaining boss I'm not looking forward to now is Rumor Honeybottoms, for some reason I struggled with her on the regular run. But I was apprehensive about Wally Warbles & I bagged him, was apprehensive about Grim Matchstick, Hilda Berg, Beppi & Djimmi & bagged all of those too. Learning to not be intimidated by the expert bosses & to just put in the attempts to slowly but surely get good at the phases until you get the knockout then rinse n' repeat. Glad there's no trophy for S ranking all expert levels though...

Best of luck ?, Better wrap up before The Delicious Last Course?, June 30 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MegaMegu__ said:

Wtf

King Dice is worse than Wally Marbles.

Lol, 2,6,8 boss.

For king dice use chaser weapon. There is an easy method to beat King dice, involves luck factor. What u need to do guess which hand he uses to unleash his card attack get behind that hand, the safe spot while unloading the chaser on him. After that quickly get behind the other hand.

There is very rare chance he used his same hand twice in a row. 

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 4

I have Isle 1, 2 & Hell done. The 3rd Isle is only missing Cala Maria for now. The most reps for me were Hilda Berg and Wally Warbles (I would say within 30 restarts). The rest of the bosses went down within 10-15 restarts, some even 5. From the DLC bosses, I have S for The Howling Aces (probably the easiest to S-rank) and Chef Saltbaker - the rest will come after Isle 3. Playing with Ms. Chalice makes it more doable IMO.

Edited by Thommasz
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

the plane bosses are the worst, I have 3 or 4 bosses left for the platinum (all plane)

how is the DLC difficulty compared to the main game? 

Easy.... Everything is same, get A rank on all dlc bosses, get an S rank on one dlc boss only,THANK GOD.

Just a nice little addition The Gauntlet, i don't wanna spoil, just imagine a boss fight with 5 phase. 

• Like 4

Ok, main game done all bosses (S-rank) and pacifist runs bellow 2 mins (except for Dice he is bellow 4). Now I can say that Cala Maria is up there with Wally Warbles. Primarily because of the last phase and randomness of freeze vs. obstacles. Seems more about luck than other fights.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 7:52 PM, Eternal21 said:

King Dice would be hardest, if it wasn't for the video I saw where the person just dashed through his wrists.  That made it infinitely easier.  The problem with King Dice is the fact that you need to consecutively parry multiple cards, and there's no way to practice it, without first spending a long time to even get to that section.  By using the dash exploit, you no longer need to worry about it.  I ended beating the Bee boss only after a couple attempts, I guess by the time I got to her I got good at the underlying mechanics.

This is a huge help to have someone explain this and that it worked.  I couldn't parry his cards for shit, I got to him with 6 Life on expert....and lost, like didn't even beat him at all.  My son's account doesn't have the Smoke Bomb yet, so I will go get the coins from the Run n' Guns he hasn't done and buy it.

3 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

This is a huge help to have someone explain this and that it worked.  I couldn't parry his cards for shit, I got to him with 6 Life on expert....and lost, like didn't even beat him at all.  My son's account doesn't have the Smoke Bomb yet, so I will go get the coins from the Run n' Guns he hasn't done and buy it.

Here's the vid of me cheesing the boss with those dashes.  You can see me practicing the jump right before the fight starts:

Edited by Eternal21
  • Like 1