Best Game Map's

TigressLion

I Haven't Seen A Topic For This, So I'd Figured I'd Start One.

Wondering Everyone's Personal Opinion On They're Favourite In-Game Maps. (Not Radar's, Or Maps From An HUD.) Like An Area Or World Map?

I Can't Recall Overall My Favourite Maps, But I've Been A Lot of Game's Lately Who's Maps I Wish May Have Been Somewhat More Touched Up.

Such As Borderlands, Sometimes You're Marker Will Be On Floor 2 But The Game Map Doesn't Differentiate Too Well On Floors.

GTA or Saints Rows Are Nice Too But It's A Very Vague City/Territory View, I Wish It Was More Detailed, But The HUD Does A Fantastic Job At That.

Skyrim Has An Immensive World Map, But It's Very Zoomed Out, No Path Courses, No Area Labels, Not Much Except For Way points Really And A General Layout :P But Still Very Nice.

I Know Some Of You May Disagree With My Input, But That's What It Is My Input So My Opinion On How I Feel. Some People May Love Those Maps And Good For You :) I Just Want To Know Everyone's Views On Maps.

• Like 3

I Haven't Seen A Topic For This, So I'd Figured I'd Start One.

Wondering Everyone's Personal Opinion On They're Favourite In-Game Maps. (Not Radar's, Or Maps From An HUD.) Like An Area Or World Map?

I Can't Recall Overall My Favourite Maps, But I've Been A Lot of Game's Lately Who's Maps I Wish May Have Been Somewhat More Touched Up.

Such As Borderlands, Sometimes You're Marker Will Be On Floor 2 But The Game Map Doesn't Differentiate Too Well On Floors.

GTA or Saints Rows Are Nice Too But It's A Very Vague City/Territory View, I Wish It Was More Detailed, But The HUD Does A Fantastic Job At That.

Skyrim Has An Immensive World Map, But It's Very Zoomed Out, No Path Courses, No Area Labels, Not Much Except For Way points Really And A General Layout :P But Still Very Nice.

I Know Some Of You May Disagree With My Input, But That's What It Is My Input So My Opinion On How I Feel. Some People May Love Those Maps And Good For You :) I Just Want To Know Everyone's Views On Maps.

I used to write like you, then i took an arrow to the knee

• Like 1

The only map i've never had a problem with was FF13 and the AC ones. The rest i always had an issue.

Like, there's a collectible in area x but in area x there are two floors, in Borderlands 2 there is no such thing distinguishing if it's in the 1st floor or 2nd... 3rd... same thing with Saints Row 3, counteless games have that but AC and FF13 did it just right IMO.

• 3 years later...

Just to be clear, we're talking about the "map" representation in the game itself right, not the "world" as we walk through it?

I liked the map of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Specifically, I loke how I can just zoom from specific place view to entire map view.

I like how detailed the map of Witcher III is, but I guess that doesn't count as this topic is in the PS3 forum.

On 9/18/2013 at 3:13 AM, renatabls said:

The only map i've never had a problem with was FF13 and the AC ones. The rest i always had an issue.

The FFXIII map was the worst! I hated it. It turned when I turned. 

Anyway, I always liked the 2-D maps from yesteryear that you could superimpose on the entire screen. Games like Final Fantasy VI, Valkyrie Profile, etc. had just what I was looking for. It was always much easier to move one glowing dot towards another glowing dot rather than try to figure out landmarks and the like.

• 2 months later...