Fall/Winter 2020-2021 Backlog Challenge

9 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Finally wrapped up my nightmare run in Hajimari no Kiseki and totally accomplished missing one stupid treasure chest and need to do another run now.  I also missed some battle notes, but that was in chapter 2 and would have taken less time to get if that was all I missed  Still have way too far to go on the get all master quartzes to level 15 trophy though, but supposedly the update the game is getting on October 1st will make that more doable since it will be adding stronger enemies and increasing level caps.  I was able to net the trophy for filling the recipe notebook and fishing notebook though.

Hah, man, I know that feeling. Both CS1 and CS3 had me do three runs because of it. I even knew where the chests I missed were in 3.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Berendsapje said:

Hah, man, I know that feeling. Both CS1 and CS3 had me do three runs because of it. I even knew where the chests I missed were in 3.

For me the main issue was that Hajimari is new and when I started that run, there wasn't yet a guide listing out the individual treasures yet.  Actually a fun fact is that the treasure I missed in my second run is in roughly the same location as the most commonly missed chest in 3.  See the nice thing about playing it in English is that by the time it's localized, there will be guides for everything just like there already are for CS4.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Know that feeling all too well since I'm playing a Trails game as well, it's even worse on the second run since you'll get few trophies until the end of the game.  When you get through the finale, feel free to post spoilery opinions (in a spoiler tag of course) on how it made you feel because I love hearing people's opinions about stuff like that even though I played the game years ago.  At least you're lucky and can go play III and by the time you're done with both, IV will definitely be out and you can enjoy the ending to it all.

And may as well add an update since I made some decent progress:

1. Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki (80%) 46 out of 53 trophies

2. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (releases 10/27 in NA) 0 out of 53 trophies

3. Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (52%) 37 out of 55 trophies

4. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (11%) 8 out of 38 trophies

5. Marenian Tavern Story (0%) 0 out of 50 trophies

6. Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk (0%) 0 out of 58 trophies

64 out of 280 trophies earned.  0 out of 6 games completed

1/5 swaps

Finally wrapped up my nightmare run in Hajimari no Kiseki and totally accomplished missing one stupid treasure chest and need to do another run now.  I also missed some battle notes, but that was in chapter 2 and would have taken less time to get if that was all I missed  Still have way too far to go on the get all master quartzes to level 15 trophy though, but supposedly the update the game is getting on October 1st will make that more doable since it will be adding stronger enemies and increasing level caps.  I was able to net the trophy for filling the recipe notebook and fishing notebook though.

But holy crap, nightmare was hard in this game.  I got my butt kicked on some of those bosses in the final dungeon and just barely beat the final boss.  As in, I had one party member left for part of it, was out of healing items and EP and was going to go down in one more hit if I hadn't killed that part.  The last phase was a close call as well, but I did it!  So at least I can do that third run on very easy.

Not much progress in Sengoku Basara, mostly just wrapped up the needed playthroughs for Ieyasu which gets me up to 21 playthroughs completed.  Only 40+ left to go along with grinding to max level for everyone for the plat.  No problem, this totally won't take forever.

The last 2 chapters in ToCSI are such a huge difficulty spike(if your doing Nightmare on your 1st run)

I was amazed how much of moster C and the final Boss were.

Final Boss Nightmare is legit just you spaming S Breaks. lol

Also if you end up going for platinum on your 2nd playtru, remember you need to do at least 40quests(Main, sub or hidden) in total to obatin "Metal of Compassion from the Old Doctor Lady.

Even if you have all 3 from your 1st playtru, you gotta collect all 3 metals again to have the Headmaster reward you with the other Master Quatz.

I didnt do the 40 quests and had to revert back to a old save.

Sucked big time, but Cold Steels awesome, worth it to have the plat.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

For me the main issue was that Hajimari is new and when I started that run, there wasn't yet a guide listing out the individual treasures yet.  Actually a fun fact is that the treasure I missed in my second run is in roughly the same location as the most commonly missed chest in 3.  See the nice thing about playing it in English is that by the time it's localized, there will be guides for everything just like there already are for CS4.

I feel this.  While I was lucky enough to have a guide for one and two there's always the back of my mind going "I really hope I didn't miss a treasure chest somewhere...".  When I was platting Xanadu I had missed some but luckily in that game, it's easy to go back and get them, the issue was finding which ones I missed.  That and scanning enemies was always a little bit stressful.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Alternatewarning said:

I feel this.  While I was lucky enough to have a guide for one and two there's always the back of my mind going "I really hope I didn't miss a treasure chest somewhere...".  When I was platting Xanadu I had missed some but luckily in that game, it's easy to go back and get them, the issue was finding which ones I missed.  That and scanning enemies was always a little bit stressful.

Yeah, Xanadu was pretty friendly about chests and monsters and S ranking dungeons.  Nightmare was tricky, but that plat was pretty fair overall.  Though actually Hajimari added some stuff to the monster book that was very helpful!  Once you visit a section all entries are added in.  Any enemies you haven't met are marked as ????.  Enemies you have met and have scanned are marked with a green check.  Enemies you haven't scanned have no check.  That made it so much easier to find missed scans since you didn't have to check each area and count the entries and look through each to make sure you had them all and nothing was missing.  So it's more like the recipe book where you can see at a glance what is completed and what isn't. So glad they finally improved upon that because it's especially hard to find missed entries in Japanese because I'm usually google translating a Japanese guide.

@Wild-Arms-R - I think you quoted the wrong person because I platted CS2 years ago.  Boy did you confuse me for a moment saying C was hard because Hajimari has someone referred to as C too and I was thinking "fighting him was nothing compared to the final boss"  And spoilers for who Hajimari C is in the box here.

Spoiler

My confusion was funnier because in Hajimari C is Rufus and there is a fake Rufus that you fight in the final chapter and that was a VERY hard battle that made Crow and Vita's battle in CS2 look like a joke, especially with how easy it is to cheese the mechanics in CS2 to one shot Vita even in nightmare with one hit of Laura's S-craft. 

• Like 3

On 16/09/2020 at 11:45 AM, Wild-Arms-R said:

I finally beat Mein Leben mode for Wolfensetin 2, and thus I have claimed my hardest platinum to date.

Well done! It nearly made me retire from gaming when I obtained it. I still have dreams about the courtroom scene. Part of me hopes we don't get another one in whatever the next Wolfenstein game is, but part of me also kinda wants it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Well done! It nearly made me retire from gaming when I obtained it. I still have dreams about the courtroom scene. Part of me hopes we don't get another one in whatever the next Wolfenstein game is, but part of me also kinda wants it.

1st off, super good job man, thats increadible plat too have.?

2nd, Ipersonally found it going tru a whole game on the highest setting with only one life vert thilring.

But it did make me rage in parts.

At the end of the day it all comes down ti just well..dying, dying, and dying some moee atill you memorize the whole game.

I legit, no lie died 4times on the final level, I was so done at that point.

But I sucked it up, cus I hate giving up.

There is part of me that secertly would do it all over again in a Wolfestin 3 tho....ao maybe we both just love punhiment or something??

• Like 1