Fall/Winter 2020-2021 Backlog Challenge

15 hours ago, StilRh said:

My focus is on Metro at the moment. I've thought about the DLC but I can't really spare the pennies for this after forking out for PS+ subscription, PS5 with Demon Souls and Spider man (coming Thursday I hope). So even though I won't be technically finished with Metro, I'll be happy with a plat and the free DLC trophies out of the way. Working on NG+ Ranger Hardcore run which I should finish tomorrow or Monday.

How are you finding the ranger hardcore mode? I’m thinking of just buying the game physically and exploiting the difficulty instead, I find the game to be an absolute chore to play and I’m betting I’d most likely hate playing it on the highest difficulty.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, StilRh said:

Hi all. Started the week too sick to game, I've caught Covid and it wiped me out for a bit... Thankfully my symptoms are starting to mellow out now and I've been able to game. My focus is on Metro at the moment. I've thought about the DLC but I can't really spare the pennies for this after forking out for PS+ subscription, PS5 with Demon Souls and Spider man (coming Thursday I hope). So even though I won't be technically finished with Metro, I'll be happy with a plat and the free DLC trophies out of the way. Working on NG+ Ranger Hardcore run which I should finish tomorrow or Monday. Chuffed I'll have sick leave for the console launch :) WIll probably add a few PS5 games to my list soon.

Reveal hidden contents

13 Sentinels 100%
A Boy And His Blob 100%
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 32%
Carto 100%
Cold Steel 2 7%
Desperados 3 0%
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood 100%
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek 100%
Erica 0%
Guacamelee 30%
Hollow Knight 100%
Kotodama: the 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa 34%
Medievil 28%
Metro Exodus 11% > 60%
Overcooked 2 5%
Rabi Ribi 8%
Return of the Obra Dinn 100%
Town of light 100%
Uncharted: Golden Abyss 100%
Wasteland 3 35%

Glad you're recovering!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GraniteSnake said:

How are you finding the ranger hardcore mode? I’m thinking of just buying the game physically and exploiting the difficulty instead, I find the game to be an absolute chore to play and I’m betting I’d most likely hate playing it on the highest difficulty.

It is a chore to be honest. It might be my lack of skill, but I find I am having to cheese encounters by running past enemies to the level progression point before they can shoot me or tucking myself away on a map and snipe. While I loved the OG metro games and I did (eventually) like the story of Exodus, I find the open maps don't really fit (for all its flaws, Metal Gear V did this well on large sandbox maps).

Thanks everyone who's wished me well. Means a lot :)

• Like 4

17 hours ago, StilRh said:

Started the week too sick to game, I've caught Covid and it wiped me out for a bit

Oh dear, my condolences. This Corona Virus is terrible. I'm glad you won't be in dangerous symptoms for a long time(since it only kills the old and babies) but hearing one of the forums members got infected is terrible! :(

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StilRh said:

It is a chore to be honest. It might be my lack of skill, but I find I am having to cheese encounters by running past enemies to the level progression point before they can shoot me or tucking myself away on a map and snipe. While I loved the OG metro games and I did (eventually) like the story of Exodus, I find the open maps don't really fit (for all its flaws, Metal Gear V did this well on large sandbox maps).

Thanks everyone who's wished me well. Means a lot :)

Yeah, my plan now is to just beat the game once, get all of the collectables out of the way and leave it at that for the time being once it's removed from PS Now. I'll pick up a physical copy and continue from there, I hate the open world design and the gameplay itself is horribly slow and clunky. Story is definitely picking up but the gameplay takes away any enjoyment I've been getting from the game. Get better soon!

• Like 4