Fall/Winter 2020-2021 Backlog Challenge

It's well into the 1st here in Australia, But I've got a bunch of work deadlines this week so it's going to be a rocky start to the challenge! Up first I'll probably be playing Shenmue 1 and taking breaks to keep working on Rocket Arena platinum (the grind is huge...)

Good luck everyone! I look forward to reading all of your updates!

• Like 4

On 8/30/2020 at 2:27 PM, dylansko said:

I’m in, let’s do this

1. Backbreaker (29%)

2. Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (26%)

3. Season’s After Fall (24%)

4. Alien: Isolation (14%)

5. Psychonauts (11%)

6. Metal Gear 3 (8%)

7. Manhunt (3%)

8. Shenmue 3 (0%)

9. Gundam Breaker 3 (0%)

10. PGA 2k21 (0%) [I ended up getting excited to get to this one so I jumped the gun so technically it’s at 30% now as of August 31st {and somehow it’s 30% with 15 out of 30 trophies? That math seems wrong but oh well right that’s what the website says!}]

11. Madden 11 (0%)

12. Nier (0%)

13 Nightcry (0%)

14. Root Letter (0%)

15. MLB The Show 14 (0%)

On 8/30/2020 at 4:54 PM, be_minor said:

This is the first 100% backlog challenge I’m attempting, so I’m keeping my list short and relatively light, with room to add games releasing during the holidays. All games are for the PS4 unless otherwise stated. Happy hunting, challengers!

Red = Haven’t started
Green = Some progress
Blue = Completed 100%

1. Until Dawn

2. God of War

3. Firewatch

4. Borderlands 3 - 14%

5. Spyro the Dragon

6. The Outer Worlds - 6%

7. The Wolf Among Us (PS3)

8. Detroit Become Human

9. The Deadly Tower of Monsters

10. Grim Fandango Remastered - 3%

11. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - 7%

12. Final Fantasy VII - 2%

Swaps (0/5)

On 8/30/2020 at 6:10 PM, GraniteSnake said:

I'd like to join this one having skipped out on the last event. Most of these are doubled up from the ABC event. Need the extra motivation, some very intimidating games on this list. Metro Exodus is my main priority as it's leaving PS Now on November 30th. Good to see plenty of familiar faces still about!

PS3:

• Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed - 1%
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - 1%
  • Zone of the Enders HD Edition - 3%

PS Vita:

• htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary - 1%
  • Killzone: Mercenary - 1%
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta - 1%

PS4:

• Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - 1%
  • Metro Exodus - 6%
  • Mighty No. 9 - 3%
  • The Last of Us Remastered - 0%

18 hours ago, Liioni said:

Finally decided on my list, I would like to join with these please, Plague Inc got a few trophies that's not obtainable right now, but I am planning on getting all the rest! (And hoping they will fix the issue before end of challenge, haha).

Game Start % Start Trophies
Horizon Zero Dawn 19 19/79
Hidden Through Time 8 4/20
Bayonetta 1 1/51
Child of Light 4 1/20
Hue 26 5/12

8 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Even before the challenge start, I'm going to add my definitive games. I hope by the time this starts I can play all of them finally, and there will be no sidetracks, as often other games catch my attention, I'll stick to this list and because we have 6 months, many of these are pretty quick as far I noted. So, here it is: 

1. Call of Duty Modnern Warfare Remastered – 0%
  2. Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades – 0%
  3. Final Fantasy VII [OG] – 0%
  4. Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 – 0%
  5. Assassins’s Creed Origins – 0%
  6. Lego Marvel’s Super Heroes 2 – 0%
  7. Psychonauts – 0%
  8. Doom Eternal – 0%
  9. Star Wars Battlefront II – 0%
  10. Cuphead – 0%

I wish to everybody a happy hunting, and see you here once again! Let's hit this with power, hope and joy as this year comes to an end ASAP! ;) 

Think that's everyone. @ me if I missed anybody

• Like 3

Pre-event update:

I still need to finish Shadow of Mordor and do Control's new DLC, so it'll be a bit before I get to the first game on my list (Original FF7). I hope everyone continues to succeed in cleaning their backlog. :) 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

good luck everybody and above all: have fun!

Question to @MidnightDragon ; do you want us to give an update on the original post or here with a reply?

Most just post about it. Probably easier that way so they get seen. Sorry I didn't answer sooner. I was in bed.

Edited by MidnightDragon

5 hours ago, Sword said:

Sorry I'm not Midnight but I've been doing these for almost 10 months now (time flies so fast good lord) so I feel I can at least attest to some knowledge of your question.

I've seen updates done several ways: Some choose to only give a game-by-game update, some update their original post only, some copy their whole list and do a "progress over time" report. Some choose to give descriptions of their games as they go along. Some use fancy table, colors, etc. Some quote themselves to keep a "running" update going. Really it's whatever you feel works best for you. Can be as short as you want an update to be or as long as you want it to be. Also you don't have to necessarily update your OP at all, though that's where the link in the participation list will send you (your "original" declaration of your games) so it can be nice to update it once in awhile if you make game changes/swaps/etc. 

Though I for one am always of the mindset of seeing reply based updates. Mainly because I have notifications set up and I'm following this, so when you lovely people post, I get a nice notification to go and check your updates! ?

Hey i just want to shout out (nothing to do with the actual competition) but its nice to see someone else from Iowa on here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubblegum_Crash said:

I'd like to join if it's not too late.  My job is finally getting closer to what was normal before the virus happened and I'm hoping to catch up on some video games and movies this fall/winter.

This time around I thought I would pick games that many of the other participants have chosen. 

@MidnightDragon                

1. Dragon Quest Builders 2                   

2. The Messenger                                

3. Slime Rancher

@Together_Comic

4. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered

5. Kingdom Come: Deliverance

@Sword

I'm going to give the Asdivine series a try since you picked Dios.

6. Asdivine Hearts

7. Asdivine Hearts II

@SnowStorm

8. Dark Cloud 2

9. Lords of the Fallen

@ladynadiad

10. Marenian Tavern Story

@Hiyo_Rain

11. Uncanny Valley

@AmarisSkye @Fnee2000

12. Moss

13. Xing: A Land Beyond   (I bought the VR headset a couple years ago I think on a Black Friday sale and it's still sitting on a shelf in my closet... I'm hoping that adding these games to the list will finally motivate me to open the box and set it up!)

@freddie1989

14. Deponia

15. Chaos on Deponia

16. Goodbye Deponia

17. Deponia Doomsday

@CelestialShards

18. A Hat in Time

@Draps-1337

19. Shenmue 1 & 2

20. Grow Up

@Static_Rook

21. Secret of Mana

22. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

.. and a few picks of my own to get to a total of 25.

23. Crossing Souls

24. Transistor

25. Maneater

Have fun. Added

im doing games i own physically or digitally that has online rest of the year (oct i plan to do the speedrun trophies for uncharted 1-3 remastered) currently doing umvc3 mk arcade kollection (tho i completed the online) injustice gods among us ultimate edition rayman legends goin back to street fighter 5, need to go back to ssf 4 on ps4, littlebigplanet 1 and 2 mvc2, soul calibur 2 hd online, ninja gaiden sigma 2, max payne 3 among others, tryin to do a bunch of ps3 games

• Like 1