Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (August 4th) Trophy Thoughts

Abby_TheLastofUs

Yes they are. What the point to make a platinium if you can't reach it. This game is based on luck mostly. You can't win 5 in a row. If you play with a friend and win each time you can. But with 60  players you can't. I don't even understand how Playstation can allow this kind of pratice.

• Like 2

Well they are the same developers behind Foul Play, which has a bugged trophy which they have flat out refused to even acknowledge for about 3 years. It has a completely broken co-op mode, which makes the platinum unobtainable for EU players unless you have a vita available because of one specific trophy. 

The worst thing is that this was a known problem even before the game was available for free on PS plus in 2018, which is a joke as the issue had already been reported loads before. 

18 hours ago, Connie said:

You haven't seen the replies to this thread and the fall guys twitter page complaining about it then?

I have. Im not saying people arnt complaining. But people are not saying its worse than everything else thats happening in the world. Its a welcolme distraction actually. This is a trophy forum discussing the good and the bad about trophies. 

I'm all for hard trophies. The more difficult to achieve, the more time I will invest to actually get it since that feels like an accomplishment. But here, you don't accomplish anything as you are not in control. If you start anywhere but the front row in the last round and your opponents are equal - they win. If you get a team-based mode and someone is afk - you lose. This can't be done consistently especially not 5 episodes (which means up to 25 rounds!) so what's the point in putting it in there? 

• Like 2

Good on the devs for such a tough list! It only means more incentive for innovation and creative thinking from the players; I can't wait for the insane win tactics, the massive boost sessions (if possible), and the grand display of skill (or smarts) needed to earn what is shaping up to be an absurdly UR platinum.

I may never earn the platinum, but it certainly is going to be exciting to try. Bring it!

EDIT: 2 wins in a row is my personal best so far. While luck certainly plays a large part, people are underestimating how helpful a good understanding of the mini-games and their corresponding course layouts is when working towards a win. Not to mention that movement feels smoother and more precise the longer you play.

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, ExistentialSolid said:

Good on the devs for such a tough list! It only means more incentive for innovation and creative thinking from the players; I can't wait for the insane win tactics, the massive boost sessions, and the grand display of skill (or smarts) needed to earn what is shaping up to be an absurdly UR platinum.

I may never earn the platinum, but it certainly is going to be exciting to try. Bring it!

Agreed. The strats and methods that people will come up with are gonna be very interesting lmao. 

I honestly can't think of another platinum that's like this. Crypt Of The Necrodancer, Wolfenstein 2, Vanquish are all extremely difficult plats due to the amount of skill needed. 

But this plat is basically just rng. A person who just started the game could get it in their first 5 games played, while another could spend 200+ hours and not get anywhere close. 

I gotta admit the devs have balls for adding a trophy like this lol. 

Edited by Azaan60
  • Like 3

Both Mediatonic and Devolver Digital made games with bugged trophy lists before, and personally I do not like the attitude of them bragging about a next of Impossible trophy which has way too many variables in that calculation.

Given the technical issues this game has on release, they should have put more time in polishing the final product rather than bragging on social media.

Could have learned a thing or two from Media Molecule and their LittleBigPlanet series. Those trophies had some tough ones but were doable, even for the target audience.

• Like 3

Played for 25min, very disappointed with it, nowhere near as fun as i thought it would be. Every match would say it is almost full yet only around 35 actually starting, getting some serious frame drops, delayed inputs, awfully designed maps. This feels like it should be a free to play game. Wouldn't surprise me if it's dead soon, but i think kids might love it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bosstristan said:

They are excruciatingly stupid, sorry.

FYI if anyone things my OP on this page (Page 8) seems random (very long comment explaining the issue as if it hadn't be discussed) it's because I went to make a thread about the trophy issue, not knowing it was being discussed in this more general thread.

Mods immediately closed my thread due to duplication (and apparently to stop any potential arguments....) and must have migrated my comment to this thread somehow.

9 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Played for 25min, very disappointed with it, nowhere near as fun as i thought it would be. Every match would say it is almost full yet only around 35 actually starting, getting some serious frame drops, delayed inputs, awfully designed maps. This feels like it should be a free to play game. Wouldn't surprise me if it's dead soon, but i think kids might love it. 

They are having insane server issues on launch due to the amount of people trying to play. Try it in a day or two

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

I played the game for about an hour and I felt like I already tried everything there is to do. The game is extremely simple and there is no learning curve. The movement itself feels sluggish and unresponsive. Every little bump and jump staggers your movement. Jumping on top of a platform can turn into a nightmare sometimes. Can't imagine spending dozens of hours on this game.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I played the game for about an hour and I felt like I already tried everything there is to do. The game is extremely simple and there is no learning curve. The movement itself feels sluggish and unresponsive. Every little bump and jump staggers your movement. Jumping on top of a platform can turn into a nightmare sometimes. Can't imagine spending dozens of hours on this game.

I was worried about the movement from the videos. It does look really addictive tho with alot of games that look alot of fun and hopefully they will add more

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

Yeah after playing the game for a few hours, this might be a sub >0.10% platinum.

What makes this trophy borderline impossible to achieve is that it's almost entirely rng. You need to win 5 episodes, which translates to 25 matches that have to be won in a row.

After each match the amount of players gets halved so you start off against 59 other players. If you're one of the lucky 30 who didn't get eliminated then you're against 29 other players etc. until you get to the final round where you and 7 others battle it out. All of that just to win 1 episode. You'll need to repeat this 4 more times. If you at any point get eliminated your counter is reset. 

People comparing this to Mein Leben in Wolf 2 are stupid. Mein Leben is based almost entirely on skill and knowledge of the game. This trophy is like the complete opposite lol. 

This trophy is not "difficult" it's not a hard game at all. It's almost entirely based on luck. You basically have to be lucky you're not one of the 30 players that get eliminated in the first match, then you have to be lucky you're not one of the 15 players who get eliminated in the 2nd match and so forth. While the entire time you are at the mercy of the games physics that are purposely designed to be as random and unpredictable as possible. 

That said I do think it's possible. Someone out there will probably find cheese it strats to consistently win games, but even then it'll take a shit ton of luck. Very interested to see what happens 

Whoever manages to get this trophy legit, please PM me your lottery numbers lmao. 

According to PSN someone already has this trophy.  It doesn't look like it's anyone from this site though.  Could be legit, could have been a bug.  Don't know, don't really care.  Won't be playing the game as it just doesn't interest me.  The drama surrounding the game has been fun though.  :)

5 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

Haha that's so funny devs, but what's even funnier is me not buying the game! xD

Good thing its free on Plus

Back on topic, I think every trophy will come naturally besides the 5 wins in a row. The best way to go about is always playing with a group of 4, so if one person wins - everyone wins. I'm looking forward to playing it regardless if I get plat eventually or not, just looks fun to connect with friends/people.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Just wait for like a year until all the hype has died down, and the battle royale players and Twitch streamers have moved on to the next Hot New Thing, and go for the platinum when there are so few players left that it's easy to boost. Games like this always blow up for the first month and then collapse afterwards.

Based on the developers' track record, it'll be easy to boost unless a game breaking bug that the developers refuse to acknowledge kills it.

Since I've managed to get 3 wins a row already, I'd gotta say the only LUCK factor is some of the team games, but those could avoided playing with squad (couldn't yet).

Surviving everything besides the team games is easy enough. Finale games... well there is just 4 of them so it's more a matter of getting a feel for all of them.

Tail Grab is kinda easy to win, since you have many chances orf outsmarting the opponents. Hexagone just wants you to stay away from everyone else and before you drop look below you, the mountain dash is better to stay on the right side i gotta feeling, the jumping one i haven't had yet.

The fact I have only played like 10 full games so far makes me feel optimistic. Plus the fact it is on plus, means many kiddies etc. will play it so high chances of weak opponents actually.

• Like 2