Just obtained Ultimate Collector (PS Plus, no money spent, relatively minimal grinding)

Tentativeuser

I would like to thank everyone here for the help, especially to @Andrea9281 for her recommendations on which cards to buy first.

I did not have to play a single game purely for MT and obtained maybe 10 cards from Spotlight Sims. I did finish the Domination sequence for the cards, but that was the extent of the necessary grinding. The trick, as many people here have mentioned, is learning how to take advantage of the auction house. It is far more efficient to play this as a market simulator than an actual basketball game. I was able to convert 10k MT into millions in very little time.

The method:

There are certain cards that can sell for far more than listed, including some cards that are seemingly saturated in the market. My recommendation is to experiment with different cards until you can achieve maximum profitability. I was able to keep a 50 card rotation going in the auction house regardless of the state of the market. Specifically, some of the lower quality cards (Amethyst, Diamond) will actually generate as much or more profit than higher quality cards. Once you generate enough MT, you should buy the cheaper cards in bulk and control their price. You can mark those cards up to several times their initial price and they'll still sell. My methodology is a little bit different than this person's, but I used their post as an initial guide:

https://old.reddit.com/r/MyTeam/comments/hdy8fn/how_i_made_1mil_mt_a_week_using_the_ah_without/

I probably had to spend far more MT than I needed to because I didn't get cards from Spotlight/Historic Sims. I definitely recommend doing the sims if you can handle the grind, but I was able to afford the most expensive cards purely through auction house profits and realized that I could reach 2900 without them. 

Proof: 

https://i.imgur.com/e7GRL5s.jpg

I wish you all the best of luck in your journey to 2900 cards!

Edited by Tentativeuser
Elaborating on method
  • Like 3

Yep I just posted before I got this trophy in 3 weeks. Just grinding auction house and did domination that’s it all you need is like 3-5 million MTto get up to 2700 cards I’m estimating. The rest via domination. 

Edited by danrules123
  • Like 1