Combo System

Titanomachy_75

I remember why I skipped this game back in 2013. It was because of the combo chart they have going for it. So, its now 2020 I wanted to see how I feel about it now ... I watched a video on it and IM more confused then I was before it looks sooo damn confusing! Am I over thinking this! :(  I see the left side with the combo input .. But why is the right side not matching it .. Im soo lost if your combo is x x x  then why is the right side not matching that at all?? I see a x blank x so why is the blank there ...Damn I want to play but this system is sooo damn ridiculous!! 

Edited by Titanomachy_75

• 3 weeks later...

I was in the same boat as you but recently picked it up and I think I've got the gist of it.

The left side is the available combos you can build, you have 4 in total these range from a 3 combo hit to an 8 combo hit. The right side are the types of attacks you can do, damage (red), regeneration (yellow), cooldown (purple) and chain (blue), each coloured attack will have a value to it - press square in the combo lab and you'll see the figures. All are pretty self-explanatory apart from the chain attacks - these attacks will essentially act as the previous combo and boost the value. All types of attacks have a limited amount of square or triangle attacks.

The first combo you get is the 3 hit combo using square, in the second and third buttons you can choose damage, recovery, cooldown or chain and the value of the combo will be shown underneath. If you wanted a damage combo you'd choose 2 red squares giving base damage of 125, however, if you wanted a 3 hit combo of health regen you'd choose 2 yellow squares giving you values of damage 35, regeneration 20 and if you wanted a cooldown combo choose 2 purples giving values of damage 35 cooldown 22.

Now, this is where it gets a little complicated if you want to mix your 3 hit combo and have damage and regen depending on where you place the type of attack it will change the values. If the second hit is damage and the third hit is regen the values will be: damage 75, regen 11 - however, if you flip it and have regen as second hit and damage as third values will be: damage 85 regen 9. You just need to remember the further along the type of attack is the larger the number will be.

Each combo has a specific button you must press (square or triangle) to complete it, when building the combo it will tell you which button it is and if you have any available attack types. The XP (PMP) you gain throughout the game will end up unlocking attack types of your choosing.

Completing the 6 or 8 hit combo will net you additional XP providing you filled the combo with attacks from the right side.

Hoping the above explanation helps and it clear, I'm only a few episodes into the main story if I find out anything else I'll update the post.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, The-Giant95 said:

I was in the same boat as you but recently picked it up and I think I've got the gist of it.

The left side is the available combos you can build, you have 4 in total these range from a 3 combo hit to an 8 combo hit. The right side are the types of attacks you can do, damage (red), regeneration (yellow), cooldown (purple) and chain (blue), each coloured attack will have a value to it - press square in the combo lab and you'll see the figures. All are pretty self-explanatory apart from the chain attacks - these attacks will essentially act as the previous combo and boost the value. All types of attacks have a limited amount of square or triangle attacks.

The first combo you get is the 3 hit combo using square, in the second and third buttons you can choose damage, recovery, cooldown or chain and the value of the combo will be shown underneath. If you wanted a damage combo you'd choose 2 red squares giving base damage of 125, however, if you wanted a 3 hit combo of health regen you'd choose 2 yellow squares giving you values of damage 35, regeneration 20 and if you wanted a cooldown combo choose 2 purples giving values of damage 35 cooldown 22.

Now, this is where it gets a little complicated if you want to mix your 3 hit combo and have damage and regen depending on where you place the type of attack it will change the values. If the second hit is damage and the third hit is regen the values will be: damage 75, regen 11 - however, if you flip it and have regen as second hit and damage as third values will be: damage 85 regen 9. You just need to remember the further along the type of attack is the larger the number will be.

Each combo has a specific button you must press (square or triangle) to complete it, when building the combo it will tell you which button it is and if you have any available attack types. The XP (PMP) you gain throughout the game will end up unlocking attack types of your choosing.

Completing the 6 or 8 hit combo will net you additional XP providing you filled the combo with attacks from the right side.

Hoping the above explanation helps and it clear, I'm only a few episodes into the main story if I find out anything else I'll update the post.

Yeah, I kinda see how it works now. I may pick it up down the road. Thanks ;)