Around The World Easy & Fastest Method

TheBlaskar

I've discovered a glitch that allows you to fall infinitely but wasn't sure if it counted towards the trophy so I sent the instructions over to True Achievements and the guys on Xbox tested out the method and found that it does, in fact, count towards the achievement. With this method, I calculated that if we fall at terminal velocity with room for error, we're looking at about 200 hours for the full 40,000km. One user has reported a full percentage an hour overnight while others have said 2-3 hours per percentage. Either way, it's definitely faster than all other methods. The glitch is shown in the video in the link but you can also find comments under the video on the website that improve the method, making it much easier to accomplish and maintain:

https://www.trueachievements.com/a302961/around-the-world-achievement?gamerid=736628

Edited by BCarsonElite
added video
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BCarsonElite said:

I've discovered a glitch that allows you to fall infinitely but wasn't sure if it counted towards the trophy so I sent the instructions over to True Achievements and the guys on Xbox tested out the method and found that it does, in fact, count towards the achievement. With this method, I calculated that if we fall at terminal velocity with room for error, we're looking at about 200 hours for the full 40,000km. One user has reported a full percentage an hour overnight while others have said 2-3 hours per percentage. Either way, it's definitely faster than all other methods. The glitch is shown in the video in the link but you can also find comments under the video on the website that improve the method, making it much easier to accomplish and maintain:

https://www.trueachievements.com/a302961/around-the-world-achievement?gamerid=736628

Thanks for posting this! Should make things a little easier

• Like 1

Excellent find! One question though. After some time, does the background go blurry for you as well? I have the controller displayed so I can see inputs still working and the soundtrack the basic elevator music playing. Is the glitch still working or that point or do I need to enter the glitch again?

Okay, that was two questions.

Edited by ImAPirateSoSueMe

13 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

What’s even more fucked up, is the platinum is named “Trophy Hunter”.. big middle finger to us.

That can’t be a coincident.

Now let’s just hope that the developers don’t patch that glitch. I’m still not sure if I should get this game or not, it doesn’t look as good as I’d imagined and there are too little side activities/challenges for my taste.

Edited by anotherfangirl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

That can’t be a coincident.

Now let’s just hope that the developers don’t patch that glitch. I’m still not sure if I should get this game or not, it doesn’t look as good as I’d imagined and there are too little side activities/challenges for my taste.

I highly recommend skipping 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Excellent find! One question though. After some time, does the background go blurry for you as well? I have the controller displayed so I can see inputs still working and the soundtrack the basic elevator music playing. Is the glitch still working or that point or do I need to enter the glitch again?

Okay, that was two questions.

yes the background will get blurrier over time, I'm not sure if it means you're falling faster or if the game just can't keep up. After around 3-4 hours the glitch will crash the game apparently so every couple of hours, I'd recommend respawning at the spawn point and drop down again for another few hours

1 hour ago, Side-Quest-Shane said:

I did this a bunch yesterday. Had it going for quite a while. The game crashed yesterday the one time. And 2 other times the game froze. Do you think the progress still will be tracked for that? I wish ps4 had a tracker like the Xbox achievement. 

I think the progress is saved periodically. If you compare the timestamps in your savegame you should get an idea on how long the glitch was running fine.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Side-Quest-Shane said:

I did this a bunch yesterday. Had it going for quite a while. The game crashed yesterday the one time. And 2 other times the game froze. Do you think the progress still will be tracked for that? I wish ps4 had a tracker like the Xbox achievement. 

I've thought the game froze for me a couple of times too, but it just takes a couple of minutes for it to catch up to your change in inputs. Like, I won't be able to pause the game or anything at all but if I just go make a coffee or something, it'll be fine when I get back. I don't know what's up with it, I've almost closed the app but after waiting it seems to fix itself.

I will say, if you're using the "tape down" R1/L1 method instead of flip-tricking off the ledge (in order to break through the invisible floor), it's easier to fix the "frozen" appearance. Simply un-tape the buttons and leave, and then when you return your dude will be back at spawn waiting for you. If you do this every 120 minutes then the game doesn't crash. It'll only take like 1-2 weeks :) 

6 hours ago, Chron-o-John said:

I think the progress is saved periodically. If you compare the timestamps in your savegame you should get an idea on how long the glitch was running fine.

do we have an estimate of how often the game autosaves while in freefall? that would be good datum to have for the community and game guide

I kinda want to see someone actually pull this off because I'm wondering between the freezing and crashing if this actually works in 200 hours or people spend 600 because of all the issues.

I think I'm just going to not get plat on this one and live with it.

• Like 1

Skater XL | Around The World Trophy/Achievement [NEW Fastest Method; ~200 hours]

Since a video hasn't been posted to this thread yet, here's mine, of course giving you credit, @BCarsonElite

No commentary as my mic is acting stupid at the moment, but a little help in the description.

Edited by ImAPirateSoSueMe
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 3:09 PM, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

thanks for the creds:) the method I've been using saves a little bit of time during set-up, just involves going into the building on the right on the ground floor through the third window, lets you clip right through it in spawn-point mode. then set the spawn point on the edge and start falling, takes just under 5 seconds to do it and start falling almost immediately

On 8/3/2020 at 4:45 PM, BobbbyLight said:

I kinda want to see someone actually pull this off because I'm wondering between the freezing and crashing if this actually works in 200 hours or people spend 600 because of all the issues.

I think I'm just going to not get plat on this one and live with it.

it seems as though Xbox players are having better success than we are, some saying that their game doesn't crash at all. last I checked (2 days ago maybe) somebody was at 50% for this achievement... I don't know whats up but between ours crashing more often and us not being able to check our progress, this Platinum is going to be rare as fuck

Edited by BCarsonElite
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BCarsonElite said:

thanks for the creds:) the method I've been using saves a little bit of time during set-up, just involves going into the building on the right on the ground floor through the third window, lets you clip right through it in spawn-point mode. then set the spawn point on the edge and start falling, takes just under 5 seconds to do it and rack up the distance almost immediately

it seems as though Xbox players are having better success than we are, some saying that their game doesn't crash at all. last I checked (2 days ago maybe) somebody was at 50% for this achievement... I don't know whats up but between ours crashing more often and us not being able to check our progress, this Platinum is going to be rare as fuck

Just checked the actual list and someone on the PS side has got it. It’s not on PSN profiles yet but the actual game list on my system now shows 0.01 for the trophy and the plat. Wish we knew who and how they got it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hoodratz45 said:

Just checked the actual list and someone on the PS side has got it. It’s not on PSN profiles yet but the actual game list on my system now shows 0.01 for the trophy and the plat. Wish we knew who and how they got it. 

huh, that's weird... why would a non-trophy hunter spend 200+ hours to get this trophy? ...if I had to guess I'd say it's a developer or quality assurance-sort of employee but even that doesn't make perfect sense seeing how the game came out a week ago. Unless this dev or tester actually did the trophy legitimately and it took much longer than they thought it would... hmmmm i wish we could find out what account got the plat done already

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BCarsonElite said:

huh, that's weird... why would a non-trophy hunter spend 200+ hours to get this trophy? ...if I had to guess I'd say it's a developer or quality assurance-sort of employee but even that doesn't make perfect sense seeing how the game came out a week ago. Unless this dev or tester actually did the trophy legitimately and it took much longer than they thought it would... hmmmm i wish we could find out what account got the plat done already

Agreed man.