Around The World Easy & Fastest Method

TheBlaskar

9 hours ago, BlueMageBlake said:

Any luck yet? It’s been almost a week nonstop and nothing for me. 

No, nothing yet. I haven't been doing it non stop, I'm only at around 100 hours. If I were to guess, using this method I would estimate it to be near 1000 hours. That being the skater averaging 40km/h, but then again who know how accurate the tracking in game is. Its a crap shoot...

• Like 1

I'm in it to win it as well. I just wanna get the last trophy, so that I can start playing the game casually, and making good clips. I've been using the desert method. Don't wanna lose a controller to buttons being held all night. Seen it happens to friends, and cousins. I'll let ya'll know if I ever get it. This trophy seems near impossible. Kinda, slightly, almost, maybe wish that the guy that got it in 5 days would share his method. Lol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Core-Taku said:

I'm in it to win it as well. I just wanna get the last trophy, so that I can start playing the game casually, and making good clips. I've been using the desert method. Don't wanna lose a controller to buttons being held all night. Seen it happens to friends, and cousins. I'll let ya'll know if I ever get it. This trophy seems near impossible. Kinda, slightly, almost, maybe wish that the guy that got it in 5 days would share his method. Lol.

How long have you been letting the desert method run? I'm on day 2 currently

20 hours ago, Core-Taku said:

Same man! I’m day 7 today doing nonstop desert method. It’s the only way I feel safe not fucking up my controller or crashing my system and risking save corruption. It’s the only safe bet but god damn I low key expected it to pop on like day 3 or 5 even. I’m booking ass down the mountain so making good speed and distance, fall into the map, and repeat. Gotta at least be somewhat close. Like you said, I’m so far in now if I gave up I’d just be so pissed off. It’ll happen.... I think. 

6 hours ago, BionicOstrich said:

Day 7 today for me. 

On 10/21/2020 at 5:51 AM, BionicOstrich said:

'Bout the same as @BlueMageBlake. Comin' in hot on Day 7. Gonna do it tonight after my console takes a break. Just did 1,000 FATES on FF XIV this week, and it was no joke. 
I did try the falling method with my spare controller the other day, and couldn't stay awake....woke up to crashed game. 'Bout set me off. Heh.
Guess it'll just happen eventually.

Are they ever gonna release the 2nd patch / update to the console version? Lmao.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Core-Taku said:

'Bout the same as @BlueMageBlake. Comin' in hot on Day 7. Gonna do it tonight after my console takes a break. Just did 1,000 FATES on FF XIV this week, and it was no joke. 
I did try the falling method with my spare controller the other day, and couldn't stay awake....woke up to crashed game. 'Bout set me off. Heh.
Guess it'll just happen eventually.

Are they ever gonna release the 2nd patch / update to the console version? Lmao.

They announced this on twitter a few days ago: https://twitter.com/skater_xl/status/1320735491726036992?s=19

On 10/28/2020 at 7:39 AM, BionicOstrich said:

They announced this on twitter a few days ago: https://twitter.com/skater_xl/status/1320735491726036992?s=19

Lmao. Called OUT!! Haha. Crazy timing. I saw the trailer on YouTube like the day after hit up this forum. Lol. Funny how that happens. Spoke too soon as usual. Still don't have the "plat splat". Doin' it every other night tho. The first community map I want is a 100,000 ft ramp that crashes into a GIANT brick wall. ? I'm the type of person that goes back to most; if not all the games I "100%ed". Even if it takes some of 'em longer to get to (i.e.), such as new versions of games like Borderlands 1 on PS4 that I'll put more time into, or even Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires which is just plain low on my list.

Skater XL is HIGH on my list for being SUPER replayable. ? Just wanna knock out the trophy, so that it's out of the way, and I can feel the phatty relief!! Heh.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Congrats! Mind sharing how many days and for How long each day you did it for? Cheers

16 hours ago, OliveParty said:

Got the Plat while at work today. I used the desert method and would periodically force a save using the tutorial. Backed up the save to the cloud anytime I jumped into a different game.

Congrats! Mind sharing how many days and for How long each day you did it for? Cheers

On 12/6/2020 at 9:35 PM, OliveParty said:

Got the Plat while at work today. I used the desert method and would periodically force a save using the tutorial. Backed up the save to the cloud anytime I jumped into a different game.

17 hours ago, Mistashios said:

I would love to know as well if you don't mind. I have been using the desert method for approximately 600 hours and I haven't got the trophy yet.

10 hours ago, amebapiko said:

with the mod support is it possible someone will make a map to get the distance trophy?

It may be possible. But I heard that the devs have to approve maps for the consoles. So I don’t know if they would want to make it easy for people to get it. Luckily my around the world popped early in the morning while doing the mountain glitch on the big ramp map. 

Update is still a little glitchy at times but the trophy requirement isn't going to change. I'm hoping that Easy Day keeps the mod offerings updated regularly like they said.

I've been playing for a few hours most days and run the mountain glitch overnight almost every day so the plat will pop eventually. 

All it needs now is a stat menu on console. Tired of fakeskating on the moon.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 6:54 AM, xXl-Ruckus-lXx said:

Finally I got the platinum yesterday afternoon. I used the "ride down the mountain" method and tracked my time. 600 hours almost exactly.

Hey so I just want to make sure we’re on the same page. I seen in random YouTube comments (so not the MOST reliable source) that the distance tracker outside the map got patched. But you used the big ramp glitch where you go outside the barrier and ride down the mountain in to the desert abyss right and still got it? I just want to make sure I’m not wasting days here. Thanks 

Edited by BlueMageBlake

On 12/21/2020 at 4:49 PM, Side-Quest-Shane said:

It may be possible. But I heard that the devs have to approve maps for the consoles. So I don’t know if they would want to make it easy for people to get it. Luckily my around the world popped early in the morning while doing the mountain glitch on the big ramp map. 

So again just to confirm the mountain glitch on the big ramp map where you go outside the barrier is still valid though? I’m starting to get discouraged. :( Been at this for. So. Long. 

Edited by BlueMageBlake

Merry Christmas everybody! I was just browsing through people that have achieved the platinum for this game and it appears as though someone achieved in in under 6 hours. Not too sure how this would be possible though. Anybody know what this might be, hacks or click change or something maybe? Just thought it was odd, figured I'd bring it up here.

• Like 3

On 2020-12-23 at 2:28 PM, BlueMageBlake said:

So again just to confirm the mountain glitch on the big ramp map where you go outside the barrier is still valid though? I’m starting to get discouraged. :( Been at this for. So. Long. 

Yes it still works. I almost gave up, but I saw that some others got it with this and I rarely got stuck on anything. Especially near the end I had my guy skate a bit to the left and just left the system on while I was sleeping. 

• Like 1

On 23.12.2020 at 10:28 PM, BlueMageBlake said:

Everything works, I got a trophy !!! 28 days from the start of skiing in various ways. 5-6 failures, after the update, the  became more frequent, once the save was damaged, but it's good that I saved it to the cloud, lost a day.

Edited by Egolzm
  • Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 1:03 PM, BlueMageBlake said:

Hey so I just want to make sure we’re on the same page. I seen in random YouTube comments (so not the MOST reliable source) that the distance tracker outside the map got patched. But you used the big ramp glitch where you go outside the barrier and ride down the mountain in to the desert abyss right and still got it? I just want to make sure I’m not wasting days here. Thanks 

Yeah that is what I did. I tracked my time as well. Took me almost exactly 600 hours. Sure there is some variation in speed depending on what direction you travel. But hang in there, I almost quit also but I became so annoyed that I had to see the end.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 1:17 PM, xXl-Ruckus-lXx said:

Yeah that is what I did. I tracked my time as well. Took me almost exactly 600 hours. Sure there is some variation in speed depending on what direction you travel. But hang in there, I almost quit also but I became so annoyed that I had to see the end.

Got it!!! Whew no joke I was about to give up. Yup mountain way is the way to go. 

• Like 1