Trophy Thoughts?

Finally.

There's a trophy for beating the game on Unfair so this will be a hard plat for sure. There are guides out there for how to handle this difficulty, but the enemies are buffed like crazy. The beginning of the game will be especially brutal until you can start specializing/min-maxing your party. As anyone who has played the PnP Pathfinder or any other similar games will know, RNG is going to be a bitch.

It will be a long plat, most likely 2 playthroughs minimum recommended unless you want to neck yourself halfway through. Then you need to play some sort of "rogue-like mode" too. I'm sure it will be a frustrating but ultimately rewarding experience to 100% this.

Edited by SinisterPledge
  • Like 2

Wow, I have been REALLY looking forward to this one after Divinity: Original Sin 2; however, beating Unfair difficulty appears to be as hard it as it is named. I've seen a few of my favorite YouTubers/Streamers play it on that difficulty and it looked quite frustrating and cheap. Although, things may have changed since then.

18 hours ago, rotoninja said:

Wow, I have been REALLY looking forward to this one after Divinity: Original Sin 2; however, beating Unfair difficulty appears to be as hard it as it is named. I've seen a few of my favorite YouTubers/Streamers play it on that difficulty and it looked quite frustrating and cheap. Although, things may have changed since then.

This game is similar to Divinity: Original Sin 2? I might look into it then.

• 3 weeks later...

I think we all feel like this is well overdue. I have this sitting on the entertainment stand waiting to open it as soon as I finish Ghost of Tsushima. I fear that once I pick this up, I will not be able to put it down. So if I don't finish this game now, I never will.

I think the trophy list looks very interesting. I can't wait to dive in.

Edit:

From the looks of it. The trophy Forged in Blood is going to be a huge pain in the ass. I tested out the "Unfair" setting and it definitely lives up to its name.

Edited by StressEater
Update

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing this for about 10 hours and decided to review the trophy list ignoring potential spoilers.

Bugs, corrupted savefiles and other trophy related glitches aside, I estimate the platinum at easily 200+ hours.

Main Tasks

• Minimum expectation of 2 playthroughs (1 on story - hard difficulty, 1 on unfair difficulty) at least. For unfair difficulty, needs to be set from beginning and never changed throughout playthrough.
  • Two completions of the Beneath the Stolen Lands DLC both within a standard playthrough and seperate in roguelite mode (accessible from the main menu)
  • Completion of Varnhold's Lot DLC
  • Create all artifacts by collecting all artifact pieces across the map
  • Discover all resource locations on map
  • Max out your kingdom (claim all territories, max out kingdom stats)
  • Complete all companion quests (within one playthrough) and finish a romance 
  • Save 1.7M gold and then spend it on two useless items at endgame
  • Access the secret ending

I noticed that this game has no pre-existing Steam achievement guides as well which is quite strange as it's been out awhile and has a loyal following. But then after further research, I realised that there is often no consistency for triggering certain achievements. 

For example, the secret ending (So Shall You Reap) requirements make no sense at all. There is a guide that exists to achieve it but the in-game actions to get there are not consistent and would be very easy for players to screw up.   This secret ending itself also builds upon actions from Part 1 so if you screw it up from the beginning due to ignorance, you're fucked.

There are also quite a few trophies with specific triggers that I hadn't mentioned earlier. But then again, there is no consistency in getting a few of these achievements (trophies) to unlock. 

This was when I understood why no one had written a guide yet.

Personally, I'm not sure if I'll get the platinum for this due to the game's current state. Owlcat are churning out updates but Sony is the bottleneck that is holding things up with their approval process.

Realistically, I'm just doing a playthrough on Easy-Normal mode getting as many of the trophies as I can before I put it down and come back to the game later on when things are hopefully looking better. 

To get around faster, I often use my pet as my cursor as he moves faster consistently through the game than the main party.

Edited by thekingsman123