Can you recommend some party games?

Spacey_Dweeb

Hey guys! Hoping you can recommend some games that a small group of people can have fun with. Bonus points if they are scary like Until Dawn or Man of Medan. Thanks!

Edit: I left out some vital info since I was being rushed when I made the original post. This for a game night with my wife and another couple. The wives aren't really gamers, but both of the husbands are. They have had fun with scary games they can watch like a movie while someone else plays or simple things like Jackbox and That's You etc.

Edited by spacey_dweeb
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Are we talking couch coop or online?

Couch co-op mostly. My wife and I get together with her cousin and her cousin's husband occasionally for game nights. We had a lot of fun playing Man of Medan with the wives watching it more like a movie while he played the game. So they can be single player, if they are interesting to watch.

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Based on those two, seems like Hidden Agenda might be right up your alley?

basically Until Dawn like, but made for 4 person party - with phone inputs (so 4 controllers not needed)

I do have that one. I platinums it on another account a long time ago, still not ready for another round of it. I think I did like 10 playbthroughs already for that trophy.

4 minutes ago, spacey_dweeb said:

Couch co-op mostly. My wife and I get together with her cousin and her cousin's husband occasionally for game nights. We had a lot of fun playing Man of Medan with the wives watching it more like a movie while he played the game. So they can be single player, if they are interesting to watch.

I do have that one. I platinums it on another account a long time ago, still not ready for another round of it. I think I did like 10 playbthroughs already for that trophy.

Do you have a PS3? I highly recommend Rachet and Clank All For One if you do. Great four player couch co-op fun

I second RC All for One. Had a good time.

Laugh if you want, but Just Dance 2020 is lot of fun. I've been using it at small hangouts, and I'm the only gamer. People can use their phones with the app. Comes with 40 songs, 500+ with membership and that price isn't bad tbh. GF can't stop playing it, but now I have kpop stuck in my head...

A great game I always recommend for a group is Lovers In a Dangerous Spacetime. It was given for free as a PSPlus game a while back. In summary, it's a 4 player game and you command a ship. There's 4 guns, a shield, and a driver position. You need to communicate who is going where, because if you cross paths you will get in a short tuffle.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 10:11 PM, Sky_RykerXD said:

I second RC All for One. Had a good time.

Laugh if you want, but Just Dance 2020 is lot of fun. I've been using it at small hangouts, and I'm the only gamer. People can use their phones with the app. Comes with 40 songs, 500+ with membership and that price isn't bad tbh. GF can't stop playing it, but now I have kpop stuck in my head...

Haha  Dancing is something I just can't do. I feel so awkward and self conscious. I'd have to play it locked in a closet ?

1. I have heard great things about Overcooked and Overcooked 2 (as mentioned before) ! I haven't tried them yet, but they seem really fun games that require great co-operation skills!
  2. There's an upcoming game, called Fall guys: Ultimate knockout, it will be part of August's PS plus line-up!
  3. There is a plethora of games that can be played with a smartphone, like Chimparty, Knowledge is Power (as mentioned before), and Frantics!
  4. If you like fun kart-racing games, you might want to try Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled!

On 8/3/2020 at 1:22 AM, spacey_dweeb said:

Haha  Dancing is something I just can't do. I feel so awkward and self conscious. I'd have to play it locked in a closet 1f602.png

I get it. First time I suggested it, some of my friends weren't sure about it. To break the ice, I got Megastar on Kill this Love. I was all into it, perfectly copying the girl on the right. After a few laughs, they got into it as well.

Look at this gameplay video, each "mirror" has a colourful hand. You choose a "mirror" and copy the moves. OR if you want to warm up to it, you follow the bottom right track of the general hand movements.

Highly suggest checking out the demo before jumping in

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0001-CUSA18090_00-JD2020PS4SIEADM0