YouTube Content Ideas

Unknown_v2_0

I decided to start a YouTube channel (nothing fancy) and was wondering if anyone had any content ideas for topics to discuss/things to do. I am trying for positive, helpful content here.  So far thinking of sharing some stories about myself, lessons learned, truths about leaderboards and why you shouldn't compare and focus on yourself and what's fun for you. Maybe interview people about trophy/achievement burnout and how they got effected by online stuffs (for example myself became sort of this unfamiliar monster to me at a point lol but hopefully others can learn from that). Maybe some trophy history.  I don't plan on the entire channel being entirely trophies as I do want to talk about other games and potentially do a series about indie games and getting word out for some devs to give them some publicity on some awesome games people might overlook.

Can be trophy or nontrophy suggestions. Playstation or not ( i do have a Switch now)

Might regret posting this here .....Please no drama

Thanks!

• Like 2

Content creation is all about structure. You’re going to want to make a structure that has come kind of consistency if you intend to do this regularly for very long.

I’d ask what do you bring to the table that’s unique to you and then suggest you find a way to show that in each video. Then get your workload planning in place and commit to it.

For content suggestions, I’d ask what made you decide it was going to be a YouTube channel? Whatever the content you thought of when you decided that is where you should start. Make that particular vision a reality and when you’ve done that, you’ll see what you liked and what you want to repeat and what you didn’t and shouldn’t do again. 

9 hours ago, Unknown_v2_0 said:

truths about leaderboards and why you shouldn't compare and focus on yourself and what's fun for you.

Phrased this way you’re telling your viewers “You’re doing it wrong and your wrong so don’t.”

Stick to your view about yourself and how it’s best for you and let viewers decide if they agree or disagree if you, as you said, want to keep it positive. 

Of what you posted above, start with your indie game exposure videos. You’ll be able to talk about yourself and what you appreciate about the games/devs and your viewers will get to know you. You also probably already have games in mind that you want to start with to get your schedule figured out and locked down before you get into more complicated content. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Content creation is all about structure. You’re going to want to make a structure that has come kind of consistency if you intend to do this regularly for very long.

I’d ask what do you bring to the table that’s unique to you and then suggest you find a way to show that in each video. Then get your workload planning in place and commit to it.

For content suggestions, I’d ask what made you decide it was going to be a YouTube channel? Whatever the content you thought of when you decided that is where you should start. Make that particular vision a reality and when you’ve done that, you’ll see what you liked and what you want to repeat and what you didn’t and shouldn’t do again. 

Phrased this way you’re telling your viewers “You’re doing it wrong and your wrong so don’t.”

Stick to your view about yourself and how it’s best for you and let viewers decide if they agree or disagree if you, as you said, want to keep it positive. 

Of what you posted above, start with your indie game exposure videos. You’ll be able to talk about yourself and what you appreciate about the games/devs and your viewers will get to know you. You also probably already have games in mind that you want to start with to get your schedule figured out and locked down before you get into more complicated content. 

Not really what i meant with the you are doing it wrong ...perhaps i do need to think how i word my feeling/opinons....seems others have taken my words on things like twitter not quite how i meant them to come across either...

Thanks for the feedback!