Monster Hunt 2020 - Concluded

Eh? Why is the name and members on the scorecard for Team Free Will the same as Clan Belmont? Well finally slayed the RNG of One Piece: Pirate Warriors 1. Some of the victims was Fish-men, others Pirates(Humans with Devil Fruit power and without) but mostly Marines(Humans without Devil Fruit power and with Devil Fruit power). so my first bounty would be Hybrid Humans Half-Fish (No Mermaids or Mermen or Female Fish-man) if not then would Devil Fruit Users count as a Mutant?

• Like 4

On 9/21/2020 at 1:39 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

A zombified goblinoid is both a zombie and a goblinoid, IMO.

I'm on board with that logic. But I think the question was is a pigman a goblinoid to start with. I'm on the fence, I didn't like it either personally. But my opposition wasn't strong enough to actually dispute it. I have seen men mixed with various animals referred to as goblins before. Usually those are more twisted, grotesque, and deformed. Not something that has a polished image like a centaur. Let me know if it is something you want a vote taken on @SpaceCoresDad Like I said, I already thought it should slide. But I'm not the only vote. 

Edited by Spacey Dweeb

I need to put in my claim of a bounty today. I finished The Deadly Tower of Monsters. It was free on PS+ way way back. It's a pretty good time. The game has a weird sense of humor but it hit the right spot for me. It does stupid things like show finger prints on the camera lens when you get lens flare, you can see strings on the creatures flying around, stuff like that. Go in expecting cheesiness and you'll be okay. Because of its style, most of the stuff that would be mediocre gameplay, kind of seem like intentional decisions to not polish it. The whole time they are talking about dumb things they did to save money on the movie, so it just fits. Every bounty besides the undead and biblical ones are in here somewhere. So if you play it too, it can fit almost anywhere on your score card. It's also just outside of the "easy peasy" rules since its a 3/10 and 7 hours on the guide. 

kingkong.png

On 9/26/2020 at 7:45 PM, Leon Castle said:

Eh? Why is the name and members on the scorecard for Team Free Will the same as Clan Belmont? Well finally slayed the RNG of One Piece: Pirate Warriors 1. Some of the victims was Fish-men, others Pirates(Humans with Devil Fruit power and without) but mostly Marines(Humans without Devil Fruit power and with Devil Fruit power). so my first bounty would be Hybrid Humans Half-Fish (No Mermaids or Mermen or Female Fish-man) if not then would Devil Fruit Users count as a Mutant?

I totally made a mistake on your bounty card, just working too fast. It's fixed now. Sorry about that. Also, pay attention to what you have available to fill out more slots. We had the lottery where I acted like you had a full team that finished off all of their share of bounties. Let me know if you have something you are already actively working on, and I will shuffle one of lottery choices around to accommodate. 

Edited by Spacey Dweeb
  • Like 4

Updates are done for the week! It looks like Mystery Inc was the first team to post all bounties. They are not formally declared the winners, yet. There can be disputes etc, but I think they probably have it locked in. The only thing pending is a possible dispute on whether or not the pigmen from minecraft are goblins. So, if I were on that team, I'd be rushing through one more game just in case that bounty happens to gets rejected.

Edited by Spacey Dweeb
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

Let me know if it is something you want a vote taken on @SpaceCoresDad Like I said, I already thought it should slide. But I'm not the only vote. 

I dunno, I don't want to be a dick or anything. Vote on it if you want to, whether a pigmen is a "goblinoid" seems a little weird to me at least. I'd consider those to be like, orcs, maybe ogres at the most. Pigmen are more of a half man half beast thing.

Either way, I don't see any other team getting a full list before Mystery Inc completes one, so congrats to them all the same. Does that mean the badges are all going to have question mark logos on them then?

38 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

I dunno, I don't want to be a dick or anything. Vote on it if you want to, whether a pigmen is a "goblinoid" seems a little weird to me at least. I'd consider those to be like, orcs, maybe ogres at the most. Pigmen are more of a half man half beast thing.

Either way, I don't see any other team getting a full list before Mystery Inc completes one, so congrats to them all the same. Does that mean the badges are all going to have question mark logos on them then?

Yeah, the ? mark will be featured on the event badge, but I haven't actually figured out what those will look like yet.

13 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

Let me know if you have something you are already actively working on, and I will shuffle one of lottery choices around to accommodate. 

I'm working on Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce and it fits Object-like since the lion thing and the ugly horse thing is a Created Monster by some means.

d4cbc91b145cd3e9576023c064844c96.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

I'm working on Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce and it fits Object-like since the lion thing and the ugly horse thing is a Created Monster by some means.

Thanks for providing the update. The object-like creation was already open so I didn't need to make an adjustment to the sheet. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

I am so sorry Clan Belmont! I have been pretty sick the last two weeks and have spent most of it in bed asleep or running crazy fevers. I am back now and keen to keep going. Congrats on the win Mystery Inc. 

No worries. Glad you are feeling better.

I'm doing event updates now, but it will be a little while until I post the sheets since I'm helping with the Gaming By Numbers thing too I should have gotten started earlier today. Sorry guys!  *EDIT* Posted now. 

On 10/2/2020 at 5:26 AM, Spinacheq said:

Turning in a Backup bounty for Mystery Inc.  for 

Mythological Monsters

Goblinoids (Goblin, Orc, Ogre, Trolls)

Super Neptunia RPG - Platinum -  Game had Ogre's on the Poly Island.  Only had a to kill about 25 to get the fire stone to drop for My Vert's ultimate weapon.  

Not sure if my minecraft turn in was ever voted on or not, either way this should cover it, and since I was going to play it anyways....  Loved the story very very fun and I laughed at all the of references to other games and series that they had playful fun at. 

Thanks! I don't think a vote ever actually got called in, but I appreciate you doing a back up and it should pacify anyone that had a lingering issue with Minecraft with or without a vote.

On 10/2/2020 at 9:28 PM, Briste said:

I guess The Ghostbusters plan of finishing our bounties in secret and turning in a completed card didn't work as well as we hoped lol Well done to Mystery Inc for completing the event with a whole month to go lol....now what are you going to do ;)

Turning in three bounties for my squad:

Erica for Psycho (cult members...at least we think/hope so based on our actions lol)

Tearaway for Folklore (Wendigo's)

Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered for Gods (Gozer!)

Haha! I had wondered what was going on. I was like, "No way those guys aren't finishing something." I thought maybe I made @Mesopithecus mad by not agreeing with her dispute early on. I was thinking there was a silent boycott and you guys decided to not participate anymore. I guess I was just being insecure. That would have been pretty cool though, just pop in be like, "Boom! Done." *drop mic*

Edited by Spacey Dweeb
  • Like 2

I guess I'll post about my personal gaming. It was not a great week for me as far as the event goes.I eneded up being long-winded here so buckle in. 

TLDR: I can't decide what to play because I give myself weird priorities and therefore not progressing on bounties.

I'm having trouble balancing gaming priorities against my desire to play halloween-themed/scary games for this event. Several things going on that way. Mad Max has been on my radar for pretty much it's entire lifespan, I just always found something I was just a bit more interested in starting and it has been waiting patiently for me to pick it up. Well it's finally time, because it's servers are shutting down; so I at least need to get the online trophies out of the way. It's been fun though. I don't think it has a bounty I need so I will probably hang it up once I secure those. Pretty much all enemies are just psycho humans so far. Which is already claimed on my bounty sheet. I see the escalation of power being psychos with many more and larger vehicles and not any like mutated creatures. Even if I wanted to be cheeky and label the crazy vehicles as robots, that bounty has been covered too.

The Division 2 is still a thing eating up my time even though I platinumed it. I have some IRL friends that play it. I think having some interactions with actual friends during quarantine has been helping that game stay high as a priority to play. They don't trophy hunt so it's pretty much their go-to game every day. They like the repetitiveness and none of us need much excuse to have fun shooting things. Anyway, it's hard for me to resist it when I have it all installed and ready to go and two or three people I like are in there roaming around pretty much every day. @gruffiiti is also in the mix with the my old crew more often than not too. He's great for helping me do the trophy stuff my other friends think is stupid. lol. 

Poked at Dead Cells but still kind of a mile away from completing that one. Same with Ni No Kuni and Death Stranding and Hollow Knight. All four of those are really great games, They just have some time investment required. Speaking of time investment, I also messed with Rocket Arena seeing if I can justify that one as a bounty but there's just nothing there besides robots which is taken. The game is already pretty dead, so I feel pushed to hurry and finish platinum before it's all the way dead. It can be hard to find games late at night when I do most of my gaming. I get why other games like Overwatch are preferable to it, but really surprised that this one has no audience at all. It's well made, and isn't greedy with micro transactions. There's polish and creativity on display. There's a paid battle pass for cosmetic stuff, but even with that, they made it so you can earn enough premium currency with it to pay for the next battle pass and get that for free. You also get premium currency for other milestones with your characters. I dropped $5 on the game and got $5 of the currency to start the battle pass thing sooner. I have enough premium currency for the next seasons battle pass and then some and I've not put many hours into the game at all so far. Maybe 20ish. But I think it will take another 50-60 to wrap up the last few trophies I have left. Which is basically just leveling up multiple characters.

Vampyr as well, I basically have completed the game twice but messed up a collectable each time in the final chapter. So I have to restart it once again. I was pissed off and uninstalled it for a few days. However, it's back because I really do want to finish it and not leave it hanging. I enjoy the game. I'm just mad at my bad luck. 

Lastly, is Life is Strange 2. My daughter and I often play games while the other one is watching, so this one is just kind of a one we can mutually enjoy. I don't have high hopes for a bounty in there. There is supernatural stuff going on, but my best bet for a bounty would maybe be another human with a super power. Can maybe call that a mutant like the X-men. However, I haven't actually had to fight anything at all yet. Soon to be replaced by Overwatch as my daughter really, really wants to work on the Halloween event in that game this year. Probably will be eating up my time, but on her profile not mine. We take turns handing off the controller and ironically both of us are close to the same skill level, but with different heroes.

My plans for the next week would be to get the online trophies for Mad Max resolved. If I find a bounty along the way, I will keep going to the platinum. If not, then Vampyr will get a third playthrough and I'll make sure to make a couple back-up saves in the end game this time. I think I will also jump back into Resident Evil 2 and knock out the difficult DLC trophies I'm kind of dreading. If all goes well, I'll bring in two bounties!

Edited by Spacey Dweeb
  • Like 2

On 9/30/2020 at 11:35 AM, Bumperklever said:

Damn Mystery inc did a speedrun of this challenge. Congrats!

Well gonna turn in the first 2 bounties for la ghostbusters.

100% Borderlands 3 DLC: Giant Animals.

Finished both of the DLC that I needed for the 100% and both Bounty of blood and Kriefs flustercluck will be respectively in my 2nd and 3rd spot of the Borderlands 3 DLC's.

They are really fun to just play through them. Unfortunate thing is that I would still like to see a 'impossible' boss since the end game is without this a bit lackluster.

Yes I can farm on high and hard Mayhem modes, but eh? :)

In the bounty for blood DLC are many giant animals, either as mini bosses, mid bosses, final boss and regular enemies. I have slain a lot of them.

Plat (and 'completed') Plant vs zombies Garden warfare 2: Robot/Android

Yes I wrote that right. There are a few enemies which are robots, which would count for this.

Unfortunately for me I cannot get the 100% anymore due to the community challenge shutdown :(

I think if I wasn't dead set on 25 creatures, Plant monsters and a Flying beast would have made it in the mix and both your games would have worked for those too!

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 10:01 AM, Cassylvania said:

We would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids!

Just kidding. Congrats, Mystery Inc.

I spent the weekend beating the King Knight DLC in Shovel Knight (finally), but I don't know what it would count as and I don't think it matters anyway.

With the way I wrote the rules, It's totally fine to use anything that's in Shovel Knight at all if you 100%'ed it. The DLC thing was just about if you are claiming a monster that only shows up in the DLC you must play that DLC. So I think you have a lot of options for a strategic pick. 

2 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

I think if I wasn't dead set on 25 creatures, Plant monsters and a Flying beast would have made it in the mix and both your games would have worked for those too!

Love this event and being the first event on the site I official participated in, not just on my own with out telling anyone, I might have gotten a little too into it lol. Maybe for the next time, if you do it again and I seriously hope you do, have more than 25 creatures but you only need 25 to win, say put up 20 possible, the teams get same lead time to discuss and plan and then turn in the 25 creatures they are planning on?  Kinda like a called shot in billiards.  Just something I thought of while reading your post.  :)

Oh and is it ok if I keep turning in fun bounties?  I.E.  ones I didn't already do and just happen to complete while the event is still going on?  I find this a fun way to clean up my games and turning them in is icing on the cake.  I work with very large Databases for a living and I often have plenty of time during the day to grind a game while customer X's Database is backing up and someone just has to check it every so often.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

Love this event and being the first event on the site I official participated in, not just on my own with out telling anyone, I might have gotten a little too into it lol. Maybe for the next time, if you do it again and I seriously hope you do, have more than 25 creatures but you only need 25 to win, say put up 20 possible, the teams get same lead time to discuss and plan and then turn in the 25 creatures they are planning on?  Kinda like a called shot in billiards.  Just something I thought of while reading your post.  :)

Oh and is it ok if I keep turning in fun bounties?  I.E.  ones I didn't already do and just happen to complete while the event is still going on?  I find this a fun way to clean up my games and turning them in is icing on the cake.  I work with very large Databases for a living and I often have plenty of time during the day to grind a game while customer X's Database is backing up and someone just has to check it every so often.

Yeah that's totally fine. Keep giving updates if you want. My job is kind of similar right now too. Not database stuff, but as a manager, I'm paid to fill a role not get a lot of production out of myself. So I just mostly need to make sure everything is on track and then I can take it easy for large parts of my work day.