Monster Hunt 2020 - Concluded

14 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

I thought maybe I made @Mesopithecus mad by not agreeing with her dispute early on. I was thinking there was a silent boycott and you guys decided to not participate anymore. I guess I was just being insecure.

I wasn't mad, I just don't really log into the forums too much and your response to the dispute was sufficient enough that I didn't feel the need to follow-up on it

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

Haha! I had wondered what was going on. I was like, "No way those guys aren't finishing something." I thought maybe I made @Mesopithecus mad by not agreeing with her dispute early on. I was thinking there was a silent boycott and you guys decided to not participate anymore. I guess I was just being insecure. That would have been pretty cool though, just pop in be like, "Boom! Done." *drop mic*

Haha, fair. Nah we made a groupschat and just waited what games we played and finished so that we do not see duplicates, until like the week we posted.

But while we had like a few games completed, mystery inc just rushed through it. :P

Got another bounty this week as I platted senran kagura burst re:newal

I go for the bounty infernal creatures

while not the main part (unlike estival versus), there are some Yōma . which are considered parasitic demons:

https://senrankagura.fandom.com/wiki/Yōma

Only other thing I could go for is the final boss. But I dont know what to make from it honestly, it literally got everything from mech to abomination to folklore to like a dragon or something.

• Like 4

Turning in my first fun bounty:

Sci-fi Monsters

o   Extraterrestrial (Xenomorph, gray man,) = South Park: The stick of truth - Platinum

It is very satisfying to get a plat 6 years after starting the game.  It was a fun a game the first time I played it, I just missed one of the stupid missable trophies for stunning 5 channeling attacks.  Something that can only be done in 2 or 3 specific spots in the game, and I didn't want to replay it at the time to complete it.  Next thing I know it is 6 years later lol.  I didn't want to use this as one of my normal bounties since to me it seemed cheap to use it as even though I had to start a new game and play about halfway through the main story to get to the spot I needed, it only took me like 5 hours for 1 trophy.  

I am now working on finishing my Borderlands 2 Plat, and the dlc, hopefully I can before trails of cold steel 4 drops at the end of the month, I want to be able to go from 3 to 4 smoothly and with no down time.  Love the stories in those games.

• Like 4

@Spinacheq I mean if we're gonna do personal fun cards now, and assuming since this is for fun so the EZ rule doesn't count, I wonder how many I can tick off without trying but seeing what fits?

I'll put up a personal 4 bounties for now. If you don't want me doing this @Spacey Dweeb just tell me to shut up.

Infernals - Of Tanks and Demons III (demons)

Giant Animals - Prehistoric Dude (giant ptyerodactyl)

Extraterrestrials - Swordbreaker (Aliens)

Zombies - The Walking Dead: Onslaught (Zombies)

• Like 4

Fifth bounty for VHA for the category Aquatic from me with Patapon Remastered. There is a Giant crab Boss in the Game which fits into the category.

this Game Showed me that i Suck More in rhythm Games that i thought. After s while i got used to it but I would lie when I say, that there weren‘t levels were I needed over an hour to complete it.

• Like 2

Turning in my second fun bounty:

Undead Monsters

o   Mummy

§  Skyrim (PS3) - DLC Dawnguard

Another fun one for me, I am counting Draugr as mummies since they fit the mummy category with mummified animated remains.  I only needed 1 trophy to finish this DLC, the werewolf perk line, which of course my original play through I went Vampire and didn't get the ring of Hiricine.  The ring makes the process so much faster, though I had to play a complete new character to get to the point where I could do that quest again.  Though I did get to have a lot of fun playing a complete jerk murder everyone game lol, it was a fun 20 hours of not caring about story lines or who you did or didn't kill.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

@Spinacheq It seems this event has been good for your completion percentage. You been busting out a ton of older incomplete games from the backlog! :yay::yay:

Yep it has given me, for the most part, the reason I needed to force myself to play the games I hadn't finished.  I am glad I found this event, I might even have the courage to participate in other ones out there.

• Like 3

Here is my 3rd Fun Bounty turn in.

o   Mutant

§  Borderlands 2 (PS3) - Platinum - (BloodWing Boss)

I went with mutant on this since bloodwing as a boss is mutated for our enjoyment... 

This platinum drove me crazy, I still most of the DLC to play through as well, and I need a break from the game.  My main character was past the easy leveling in marcus' shop trick on TVHM, so I had to basically play through the whole game again, to get to level 50.  Glad to be done with the plat though.  Not a bad game, if you aren't a trophy hunter lol.  Only took me 8 years, 3 weeks for the plat...  and in 8 more I will finally beat that DLC lol

• Like 3

I was looking through the scorecard for Ghostbusters and it appears my bounty from Gauntlet may have been missed so I have re-posted it below.

On 9/30/2020 at 2:15 PM, Mesopithecus said:

Completed a bounty for The Ghostbusters

Undead Monsters - Mummy

Gauntlet

The main story and endless mode were fun to go through with friends, but the grind was unnecessary and tedious.  I did kill 15,000 mummies though for one trophy :P

I would also like to claim another bounty for my team

Mythological Monsters:  Cryptid and Folklore (Yeti)

Unrailed!

Whilst not really a horror game, part of your journey through the different biomes has you encounter different enemies - most of the first biomes it just bandits and thieves but during the snow biome you encounter a yeti that you really need to kill as it can disrupt your progress in gathering resources and laying track for the train to progress.  As you have to do multiple runs of the game to get all of the trophies, I'd say we killed multiple yetis.

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 3

Yay! Time for another bounty from me. I got through Tesla vs. Lovecraft today. The game starts at dead simple and works it's way up to bonkers. There's so many things exploding and bullets and lasers going everywhere that at some points you can't even say what's going on, you just know you are in the epicenter of the chaos. At one point I set off an chain reaction explosion so big my PS4 pro literally froze for three seconds then picked back up where it left off and I was standing on ground zero with piles of enemies laying at my feet. Rather than frustrating me, it made me laugh at loud at the ludicrous thing I just did. That was the one and only time I had any technical issue. The game was fun from start to finish. I did parts of it co-op with one of my kids, but was solo for most of it. I'm going to claim human-hybrid for it. The most common enemy here is a merge of a human and a fish. They even wear suits. I was kind of tempted to pick swarm, because... Well, just look at it. 

Tesla-vs-Lovecraft-342-spawned.jpg

@Mesopithecus I'll fix that bounty in the morning. Sorry!

Edited by Spacey Dweeb
  • Like 4

Turning in Fun Bounty #4

o   Object-like (Mimics, Flying Books, Food)

§  Minecraft (PS3) - DLC 100% complete - Shulker boxes

At first I was thinking dragon as my save that was setup for the first time i killed it sooo many years ago, so pre-respawn the dragon dlc so I had to reset the end and kill him/her again to respawn it again for the trophy...  then I thought about zombie since the first head I got to drop was a zombie head for the wear a head of the thing you kill.  In the end i decided to go Object-like since trying for that last one of getting shulkers to shot you up enough blocks was sooo frustrating, as I kept dying, or getting caught on things.  And i will admit I killed a few in vengence along the way. lol.  

I am glad to be done with the ps3 version as I don't play it as much anymore since ps4 and java versions have more to do and unlimited world space. :)   And as a fun note after completing it to 100% my remaining unearned trophies is at 1337 lol.  on to the next game.

Oh and great job to all the rest of you.  I always love to see what gets turned in next.

• Like 4

Bounty number 6 and 7 for VHA finished and i Discussed with the team what to claim for is.

i use Shadow of the colossus for Hybrid animal since some of them have a Animal appearance like the Bird colossi. Half Bird half Stone seems Hybrid enough :) 

the Other one is Vampyr with the Human created bounty. Since ist is some Kind of Spoiler i will Not Go into Detail with this but i talked with @Spacey Dweeb about it and we think it fits into the category.

• Like 4

Turning in FUN bounty #5:

o   Hybrid Humans (Minotaur, Werewolf, Mermaid, Centaur)

§  Dragon Fantasy Book 1 (PS3) - Werewolf

This was a very fun throw back game for me.  Reminded me of all the fun I had playing RPG's back in the day.  It was a hard one to pick which bounty I would go for on it, ultimately I decided on werewolf's since of the other games I am looking at playing before the event ends I can't think of one that would have these creatures in it.  I can't believe how long that has been sitting installed on my ps3 Hard drive and I hadn't played it.  :)  complete now.

• Like 3

On 10/12/2020 at 11:33 AM, Mesopithecus said:

I was looking through the scorecard for Ghostbusters and it appears my bounty from Gauntlet may have been missed so I have re-posted it below.

I would also like to claim another bounty for my team

Mythological Monsters:  Cryptid and Folklore (Yeti)

Unrailed!

Whilst not really a horror game, part of your journey through the different biomes has you encounter different enemies - most of the first biomes it just bandits and thieves but during the snow biome you encounter a yeti that you really need to kill as it can disrupt your progress in gathering resources and laying track for the train to progress.  As you have to do multiple runs of the game to get all of the trophies, I'd say we killed multiple yetis.

It looks like @Briste claimed Cryptids from the Wendigos from Tearaway. Can you apply this game to another bounty? I've updated your bounty for mummy which I messed up before. I'll update your team's bounty card as soon as I see you've picked something new. I calculated your team's remaining bounties per player with this game counting as a completed bounty. 

Edited by Spacey Dweeb

The sheets have been updated for the week. Clan Belmont has taken a tumble regarding positioning. They've been quiet the past couple of weeks, so I'm expecting a flurry of turn-ins soon. 

Now for my rambling weekly recap of my gaming. I had a pretty busy week. I decided to sell my truck recently, So I spent a bunch of time fixing all the little things that were wrong with it and cleaning it out real good. Now, I'm kind of happy with it again lol. I also helped my friend with a project in his yard. He had a dump truck of dirt delivered to his house, so we hauled it all to his backyard, then built some retaining walls that were about 2' high and now he has a pretty huge garden area. I've had time for gaming still, but not always the mental energy. I've been watching more Netflix and Hulu than I usually do. I also got a Vita off of eBay. I put in a low bid and was surprised I ended up winning. I played Welcome Park for funsies but I didn't have a memory card for it, so I couldn't install a game on it that I might use for this contest. I did get a memory card and some games, but I decided to let my daughter take it for a while first. She's been wanting to play Persona 4 for ages. 

So yeah, I'm basically in the same place as last week but I knocked Tesla vs Lovecraft off my list. Still need to wrap up Resi 2 and Medievil. I expect Medievil to happen early this week. Hopefully Resi 2 a couple days after. From there, I'll have to take a look at what my team has left and decide on what to do after that. 

Edited by Spacey Dweeb
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

It looks like @Briste claimed Cryptids from the Wendigos from Tearaway. Can you apply this game to another bounty? I've updated your bounty for mummy which I messed up before. I'll update your team's bounty card as soon as I see you've picked something new. I calculated your team's remaining bounties per player with this game counting as a completed bounty. 

I'm dumb, just ignore Unrailed then as I can't really fit it anywhere else.  There are lava blobs in the game but you don't really kill them (you extinguish them and put them to work on the milk cart)  Thanks for updating my other bounty ^_^

• Like 4