Monster Hunt 2020 - Concluded

On 8/7/2020 at 8:22 PM, ArtikSkarab said:

I got a question @spacey_dweeb about DLC. If I have a game that I already got the plat and want to do the DLC for the challenge; if the DLC is short, will it be counted as an EZPZ game?

No. But you will have to take the whole game to 100% to count it.  I think this falls closer to the rules for finishing a game you already started, which is being allowed regardless of percentage.

On 8/7/2020 at 8:42 PM, Phantochi said:

Hey @spacey_dweeb, another question here, what happens if someone in the team doesn’t have a game that fills the bounty? 

I'm hoping no one needs to make a purchase to finish the list off.The categories are pretty general with a lot of things fitting in them. This really only has an effect on if you're team could win first place. Otherwise the teams aren't required to finish the whole list and can just be in it for the fun of it. I think one of the team will likely have a game for everything or someone may be willing to buy something or activate a PSnow trial etc. 

On 8/7/2020 at 10:14 PM, Leon Castle said:

Sign me up for Team Free Will.

You've been added. 

Edited by spacey_dweeb
  • Like 3

The hardest thing about this event is having to wait until September to play anything with monsters in it!

On the other hand it has also provided some motivation to go back and explore my ps+ backlog and work on some random games so things aren't too bad ?

• Like 3

On 8/10/2020 at 7:38 PM, YureiKuma said:

The hardest thing about this event is having to wait until September to play anything with monsters in it!

On the other hand it has also provided some motivation to go back and explore my ps+ backlog and work on some random games so things aren't too bad 1f605.png

I totally agree. I usually have a few games going at once because I can't seem to focus on just one game very often. I finished Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion and was deciding which game to move from my backlog folder into the active folder to replace and everything that sounded fun to me, I wanted to save for the monster hunt. I'm finishing Control because I only have access to it for a couple more weeks, but otherwise, I'm probably going for something like a military shooter. 

Oh wow, how did I miss this thread? This is an amazing premise for an event, and I would love to be a part of it. Sign me up for Clan Belmont! I even wanted to play a Castlevania game sometime this year too so that'll be perfect. Kind of a shame I just finished Deadly Premonition, that would have been a great game for this. Oh well, I still love this so much. Very inventive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Oh wow, how did I miss this thread? This is an amazing premise for an event, and I would love to be a part of it. Sign me up for Clan Belmont! I even wanted to play a Castlevania game sometime this year too so that'll be perfect. Kind of a shame I just finished Deadly Premonition, that would have been a great game for this. Oh well, I still love this so much. Very inventive.

I got you added. Clan Belmont is now full.

39 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

I'm down for this, sign me up for the ghostbusters :)

If I understand correctly, it does require the base game or DLC where the monster is in, to be completed?

Base game platinum or 100% completion (DLC that includes the monster plus any additional DLC  = 100% completion) will be required to register a bounty completion.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 6:10 AM, YllZI said:

Sounds fun. I'd like to join the Mystery Incorporated. 

I've got you added. (Now removed at your request)

On 8/14/2020 at 0:38 PM, Bumperklever said:

I'm down for this, sign me up for the ghostbusters :)

If I understand correctly, it does require the base game or DLC where the monster is in, to be completed?

You're added and filled up that team too. Also, what @gruffiiti said is mostly correct, but he left something out. If the specific monster is just in the DLC, you can do base game plus just that one DLC. An example is using Rise of the Tomb Raider for Witch. The Baba Yaga witch is in the DLC, so you'd do base game plus the Baba Yaga DLC, but don't have to do the other 4 DLC packs to count the bounty. If you have already completed the base game but want to use it for the event, you can. But that's the situation where you need to complete to 100% to count.

Edited by spacey_dweeb
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, spacey_dweeb said:

You guys have been nice and patient. So as a reward, I am going to let some of it out of the pot. Each team will get a score card like below. I'll make them on a computer though so they look nicer. Also when it's time for the event, the circles will be labeled with the specific monsters. As you check off each monster, you'll get their head added to your team's card. I'm even posting some of my concept sketches for the heads. Technically all of them, but the others are on the opposite of the paper. If you look real hard you might make a couple of them out. Please don't work on your games in August like it says in the rules. I'll post the full monster list on August 28th along with suggested games. To see the finished artwork and the other heads, you'll have to wait until someone posts that bounty!

IMG-20200819-174055-01.jpgIMG-20200819-172231.jpg

lol, they look freaking amazing, i want them all on my team's card

• Like 1

Those look great; can't wait to get started. I do have a question concerning the teams. As we are closing in on the event start, we're at around 50% capacity on the roster. If all teams aren't filled up by the 15th, what will happen. Will teams be staying as they are or will people be shuffled around to fill in as many teams as possible?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Those look great; can't wait to get started. I do have a question concerning the teams. As we are closing in on the event start, we're at around 50% capacity on the roster. If all teams aren't filled up by the 15th, what will happen. Will teams be staying as they are or will people be shuffled around to fill in as many teams as possible?

@spacey_dweeb Mentioned in the first post the following: 

If a team is not full when the event starts, their required bounties will be adjusted down to maintain an average of five games per hunter. However, they will have their list of available bounties modified randomly and have to pick from a smaller list of monsters, it will be treated as if another team member had already completed those bounties.“

We will give further information on the smaller list of bounties if the beginning of the event gets closer. So we hope you can wait a little bit longer :) 

until the start of the event we hope there are a lot more people who wants to join the fun of bounty hunting ;)

• Like 1