Monster Hunt 2020 - Concluded

Hey everyone, 

I'm sorry for the delay on posting score cards. My computer decided not to cooperate with me today. I'm sure I'll be fine in a few hours, I used to do tech support for a living and am quite tech savvy. But some things just take time. I will post again when I have a better idea of my problem. Right now, I just know it won't boot and letting it sit on the screen below for an hour has not made progress for having it fix itself. 

IMG-20200906-181935.jpg

• Like 4

Unfortunately, the drive is dead. My brother who is an IT professional confirmed it for me. He thinks it's the actual circuit board on the hard drive itself that died. We couldn't recover anything from it. I have those baby pictures etc backed up from some time in the past, but that will be on some flash drive in a box in storage somewhere. It would have been a lot better if I had been able to just recover them. Also, it means I lost everything I had put together for the event. I will share out what I had soon because I had been sending them in messages to the VHA to get opinions. Unfortunately, I'll probably be down for a couple weeks. I'm just going to replace the whole PC and not the drive since it was rather aged anyway. I can't just spontaneously drop a few hundred dollars on a replacement today. 

Edited by Herr Hieb

Officially posting this from my new (used) computer. My brother hooked me up with something he had laying around. It's like three times better than what I had lol. I'll aim to be 100% on track this weekend now. 

On 9/6/2020 at 5:18 PM, Cassylvania said:

Clan Belmont! Got another haiku for you.

Used to like retro

Then I played Another World

Now I have my doubts.

Extraterrestrials: dead.

I like the haikus. I wrote haikus for grammar usage in college. My professor ended up asking permission to use them as a slide in her presentations for upcoming classes.

• Like 3

Haha i'm still doing my first bounty with Nexomon: Extinction  :D

Great game for everyone who Loves the good old pokemon games. The game did so much right were pokemon goes wrong in the last years. Includes also a lot of bountys with dragons, insects, ghosts and mad people :P the Humor is really good and i enjoyed so far every bit of it. Not Sure how hard the platin really is because it is a pretty New game with only a few achievers

• Like 1

Nice looking bounty card... that I'm putting an additionnal bounty on. My first contribution on the Mystery Inc. board is The Witch and the Hundred Knight which completes the requirement for... well, witches. Overall a good game with probably the worst beginning I've ever seen. Was still pretty enjoyable though.

I do have a question for the VHA: I have a game that I'm looking to complete next, but we're not sure yet what bounty we want to use it for as it's contains a lot of different monsters. Would you prefer that I record my completion as soon as it's done or when we will have decided what it will be used for? For more information, I will probably be doing Castlevania Requiem (already done Rondo, but still have all of SotN to do) and it can be used for probably all bounties, but we're looking to use it on whatever is the rarest/hardest to get.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Nice looking bounty card... that I'm putting an additionnal bounty on. My first contribution on the Mystery Inc. board is The Witch and the Hundred Knight which completes the requirement for... well, witches. Overall a good game with probably the worst beginning I've ever seen. Was still pretty enjoyable though.

I do have a question for the VHA: I have a game that I'm looking to complete next, but we're not sure yet what bounty we want to use it for as it's contains a lot of different monsters. Would you prefer that I record my completion as soon as it's done or when we will have decided what it will be used for? For more information, I will probably be doing Castlevania Requiem (already done Rondo, but still have all of SotN to do) and it can be used for probably all bounties, but we're looking to use it on whatever is the rarest/hardest to get.

You can hold onto the completion and wait a while, but once you declare that the game is done and you're using it for X bounty. It's locked in and you can't change it from X. (Mostly so I don't have to re-do score cards. If I was loose on that, people would try to move things around constantly.) However, you can claim that bounty the same day, or a month later. I would prefer people announce them sooner rather than later so everyone sees the progress of the teams. For clarity, you can say what you want to claim while you're working on it and change your mind later and declare the bounty for something else when you're actually finished.

• Like 1