Monster Hunt 2020 - Concluded

14 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I'm dumb, just ignore Unrailed then as I can't really fit it anywhere else.  There are lava blobs in the game but you don't really kill them (you extinguish them and put them to work on the milk cart)  Thanks for updating my other bounty ^_^

Let's count those things as little lava blobs as an elemental. Sound good? You don't have to kill the bounty. You just have to fight/overcome it. Extinguishing them sounds close enough to me. 

• Like 4

...What year is it?

I spent like all month doing Mad Max only to find Cassylvania took Psycho right out from under me 8 hours before. Well, damn, guess that's how it is, haha. Not like this event really means anything more anyway though? Ah well, at least we have vampires. Would have been embarrassing if *Clan Belmont* didn't get that bounty.

• Like 4

Putting a claim in for Goblinoids for SIGI: A Fart for Melusina.

This game is apparently an EZPZ and I really only bought it cause it thought it would be goofy fun. I mean who doesn't think a fart is funny?

It was neither. Wasn't really much humor in it in any tangible way and I wont lie I struggled with the last boss for ages. I'd make it to the end with 40 lives and still not be able to defeat him.

I had to shelf the game for months cause I couldn't bring myself to replay the whole game over and over to just lose again. Recently I pulled it out again and managed to get the pattern down to beat that boss. So.. the only thing I had left was the speed run trophy. Took me 5 more complete playthroughs as I would overshoot 30mins by seconds or make the time and somehow only have 97% completion. Overall this game was easy yet frustrating as all hell and I was sure glad to delete this off my HDD when that platinum finally did pop.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

...What year is it?

I spent like all month doing Mad Max only to find Cassylvania took Psycho right out from under me 8 hours before. Well, damn, guess that's how it is, haha. Not like this event really means anything more anyway though? Ah well, at least we have vampires. Would have been embarrassing if *Clan Belmont* didn't get that bounty.

Oh, uh... I guess Children of Zodiarcs could go somewhere else. Not sure where, though. I was just turning in random games that I've been playing.

Has Clan Belmont been saved from their freefall?

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Oh, uh... I guess Children of Zodiarcs could go somewhere else. Not sure where, though. I was just turning in random games that I've been playing.

Has Clan Belmont been saved from their freefall?

I know nothing about this game, so feel free to look at any of the rest and see what it fits for it. Sorry for the wait! Mad Max is a long-ass game.

...aaaand 190hrs later I am finally done with AC: Odyssey.

While I had a lot of fun with the game, its huge map and crazy amount of content it started to really feel like it was overstaying its welcome towards the end. I only had The Fate of Atlantis DLC left to do going into this event. It turned out relatively good but they could have done more. I would have liked to see the Devs drop a bunch of the pointless fetch quests but was happy they included more boss fights in this second story arc of DLC. The Cerberos, Hades and Hekatonchires fights were the best parts of the Atlantis DLC.

Bounty #3 Claimed: Gods

• Like 3

On 10/20/2020 at 11:29 PM, SpaceCoresDad said:

I know nothing about this game, so feel free to look at any of the rest and see what it fits for it. Sorry for the wait! Mad Max is a long-ass game.

Yeah, I dunno. You'd think I'd remember the game since I just got done playing it, but I'm pretty sure all of the enemies were human.

Eh, whatever. You can have the bounty. I was just playing the game for fun anyway.

11 minutes ago, Spinacheq said:

Just a question here, but if I accidentially run over 50 chickens with a combine in farming simulator 19 does that count as a swarm???? 

just hypothetical not saying I did or or didn't....yet lol

Id say you would have swarms of chicken nuggets...

On 10/22/2020 at 9:57 PM, Briste said:

Finished up Vampyr earlier (waiting to pop Plat on Halloween for the mini-Vampyr event but I'm taking credit now!) so took the night off from gaming to watch some football. With only a little time left in the event, I wanted to see if my team could complete our bounty list and decided to multi-task during the game...I believe The Ghostbuster's can complete our bounty list in time lol. I think since the event ended so quickly with the prize being claimed, we haven't been as diligent updating our bounties. I've gone through my team's completed games, checked the web for monster's present in the games/DLC's, and have come up with this list so far (some have already been claimed and are also included):

@Briste games in ORANGE

@Mesopithecus in PURPLE

@Kent10201 in GREEN

@Sardavanua in RED

@Bumperklever in BLUE

That's a fair bit of research. I didn't mark any games off based on this though. Your team will need to submit the bounties themselves. I went ahead and gave you credit for Vampyr. I did that game myself and am assuming you just need to rest a couple of times to make your districts hostile. 

I just realized I forgot to claim my bounty for Medievil. I ended up deciding on skeletons for the bounty. 

Untitled.png

On 10/23/2020 at 11:40 PM, WDB_Chaotic said:

Submitting another one for Team Claymore, Dark Magic, with the completion of lego Harry Potter year 1-4 on the ps4 :)

It looks like Magic User was already claimed, or maybe doen through the random draw. But you could take goblinoid for the TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!!!! ... just thought you should know.

On 10/23/2020 at 5:07 PM, Spinacheq said:

Just a question here, but if I accidentially run over 50 chickens with a combine in farming simulator 19 does that count as a swarm???? 

just hypothetical not saying I did or or didn't....yet lol

lol. You combined them together into a chicken abomination. 

Edited by Spacey Dweeb
  • Like 1

Alright, once again the sheets are updated for the week. It looks like a lot of teams are coming down to the wire. I am very excited to see which ones manage to do it! Next week I'll do the final update. A few days after that, I'll design the badges and get those sent out along with the prizes for the winning team. I'll post more details next Sunday, by then I should have more concrete plans. Also, you guys will have a little grace period. I'll be updating the bounties late Sunday night like I usually do. I'll accept any bounty handed in before I do my update. So if Halloween night is busy for you, don't stress about getting your game done. Enjoy the holiday and wrap it up on Sunday.

I'll do my little gaming update. I worked on Medievil and finished that one early in the week like I was planning. Then the VHA had a talk and assigned out the remaining bounties. I think we can pull it off, but the biggest question mark is me! I need to do Zombie and Mutant. I should have played Resident Evil 2 by now, I have no excuse. I just haven't. But what I have left should just take me a single evening, if I ever get in the mood to play it! Resi 2 should cover either bounty. Then the smart play for me would be to also finish up the Resident Evil 7 plat as well. However, I decided to pop Dragon Quest XI into my disc drive and it is excellent. I was really craving a traditional turn-based RPGs and this one is doing nearly everything right. So I'm sucked in completely. I really don't think I have the time to cram the entire platinum into a single week. But I'm really having to talk myself out of trying it. Part of me really wants to dig in and go for it. I don't know what my official plan is. My mood dictates a lot, so I really might be attempting to binge a giant RPG in a week since that's what I'm in the mood for. 

• Like 3

I'm claiming another bounty for the Claymores:

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir: Elementals - Fire and Ice elemental enemies

And would Dead Space 1 be usable for Extraterrestrial? I mean the enemies in 1 are essentially zombies but the cause is of alien origin so I don't know. I don't think it would be usable for extraterrestrial and I don't mind if it isn't but it couldn't hurt to ask at least.

• Like 3

@Spacey Dweeb Looks like the update missed my last bounty

On 10/22/2020 at 7:03 PM, Mesopithecus said:

Claiming another bounty for Ghostbusters

Mythological Monsters - Hybrid Animals (Dragon)

Monster Hunter World

There are a lot of different hybrid monsters in the game, and plenty of dragons you need to hunt for story progression and obtaining crowns etc.

I wasn't sure if it was overlooked due to the staging rule because I started it in August, but the game took me over 300 hours playing it from Aug 21st to Oct, I honestly didn't even expect to have it finished this year let alone during the event :giggle: so one can argue that it wasn't really staged

Also, I was a little bit disappointed and saddened that @Briste post of our team bounties wasn't accepted :(  We had a group chat where we were coordinating and discussing our bounties, what we were playing etc.  We always had the intention of one person posting all the bounties at the end, especially as it was a team event and it wasn't really specified that we had to submit them individually.  It's whatever though, I'm just proud of how much we all got done during the event ^_^  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

@Spacey Dweeb Looks like the update missed my last bounty

I wasn't sure if it was overlooked due to the staging rule because I started it in August, but the game took me over 300 hours playing it from Aug 21st to Oct, I honestly didn't even expect to have it finished this year let alone during the event :giggle: so one can argue that it wasn't really staged

Also, I was a little bit disappointed and saddened that @Briste post of our team bounties wasn't accepted :(  We had a group chat where we were coordinating and discussing our bounties, what we were playing etc.  We always had the intention of one person posting all the bounties at the end, especially as it was a team event and it wasn't really specified that we had to submit them individually.  It's whatever though, I'm just proud of how much we all got done during the event ^_^  

I'm sorry for the trouble on Briste's post. I was expecting everyone to be posting their own progress. I wasn't flat out rejecting the bounties or saying what's there is invalid. It didn't seem like he had discussed it since he said he was doing internet searches to figure out where things could work and pieced things together himself. So it didn't seem like he had the blessing of the team. I believe I also spotted a conflict where he was claiming a game in a bounty, but it had already been locked in somewhere else. 

As far as MHW goes, I think I just uploaded the wrong image and am fixing it right now. I had it checked of on the Photoshop file. I was pretty impressed you finished it. It's buried in my backlog at like 7% complete. 

1 minute ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

I'm sorry for the trouble on Briste's post. I was expecting everyone to be posting their own progress. I wasn't flat out rejecting the bounties or saying what's there is invalid. It didn't seem like he had discussed it since he said he was doing internet searches to figure out where things could work and pieced things together himself. So it didn't seem like he had the blessing of the team. I believe I also spotted a conflict where he was claiming a game in a bounty, but it had already been locked in somewhere else. 

As far as MHW goes, I think I just uploaded the wrong image and am fixing it right now. I had it checked of on the Photoshop file. I was pretty impressed you finished it. It's buried in my backlog at like 7% complete. 

Oh it's no worries, I know he just took a lot of time with the post.  We had a few games where it could count for multiple things so it's been interesting figuring out where to slot stuff, definitely appreciate the research he did.

From what I've been told about MHW, I had extremely good luck with getting all the crowns which is usually a sticking point for most.  I'm closing in on Iceborne platinum too but no way will I get that done before the event ends.  Incredible games though and it's pretty much been all I've wanted to play just lately.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Oh it's no worries, I know he just took a lot of time with the post.  We had a few games where it could count for multiple things so it's been interesting figuring out where to slot stuff, definitely appreciate the research he did.

From what I've been told about MHW, I had extremely good luck with getting all the crowns which is usually a sticking point for most.  I'm closing in on Iceborne platinum too but no way will I get that done before the event ends.  Incredible games though and it's pretty much been all I've wanted to play just lately.

OK cool. I will take a closer look at his post then and mark off your team's games accordingly. I think almost everything will work but there may be an issue or two to sort out. I'll get to it today after work, so that you have a chance to react before the end of the event.

• Like 1